Rail Removal Help.

declancase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure whether i'm being a complete idiot with this problem or not, I literally haven't found any help on how to remove these rails. I'm not sure whether the even come off, any advice of you guys or a link to help would be much appreciated, Gun is a G&P Spec Ops, Thanks

g_p_spec_ops.jpg

(It is a secondary image found on images, not mine)

shouldn't be too difficult in theory, unscrew the silencer (not sure if its positive or negative thread. on G&P) then unscrew the delta ring (between receiver and rail) by turning anticlockwise looking from front of gun (delta ring can be very tight on G&P though!), once unscrewed the rail should then slide forward off the barrel, note there should be (if its same as the clone) 2 short steel "pins" which may fall out, don't lose these as they align the rail with holes in the barrel retaining nut which should be still attached to the receiver (this nut also retains the delta ring in place). Hope this helps.

shouldn't be too difficult in theory, unscrew the silencer (not sure if its positive or negative thread. on G&P) then unscrew the delta ring (between receiver and rail) by turning anticlockwise looking from front of gun (delta ring can be very tight on G&P though!), once unscrewed the rail should then slide forward off the barrel, note there should be (if its same as the clone) 2 short steel "pins" which may fall out, don't lose these as they align the rail with holes in the barrel retaining nut which should be still attached to the receiver (this nut also retains the delta ring in place). Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot straffham, the ring is ridiculously tight, that's the reason i was unsure, will have to try and get it off, cheers!

Thanks a lot straffham, the ring is ridiculously tight, that's the reason i was unsure, will have to try and get it off, cheers!

No worries, G&P seem to be very tightly put together, at least it stops things working loose though! I wouldn't recommend undoing the barrel nut unless you have to as getting it back tight so the rail sits square to the receiver is a real pain. Also the pin at the front of the lower receiver that holds the upper receiver in place is notoriously tight on G&P's needing great care to remove it if you need to get them apart.

No worries, G&P seem to be very tightly put together, at least it stops things working loose though! I wouldn't recommend undoing the barrel nut unless you have to as getting it back tight so the rail sits square to the receiver is a real pain. Also the pin at the front of the lower receiver that holds the upper receiver in place is notoriously tight on G&P's needing great care to remove it if you need to get them apart.

Think i may need to take it to the work shop, there is not way i can get it off with my hands. i'm planning on changing the whole rails to one of these... MB_MK18_DD12_DE-500x500.jpg

Think i may need to take it to the work shop, there is not way i can get it off with my hands. i'm planning on changing the whole rails to one of these... MB_MK18_DD12_DE-500x500.jpg

Nice! Yeah would def need the barrel nut off to fit the mounting plate for that, presume you're fitting a new outer barrel too? Or will the silencer fit inside the new rail?

Nice! Yeah would def need the barrel nut off to fit the mounting plate for that, presume you're fitting a new outer barrel too? Or will the silencer fit inside the new rail?

I'm going to try and make a carbon fibre outer barrel on a lathe, will hopefully be able to fit a flash hider on the end of it to, looking forward to it all!

I'm going to try and make a carbon fibre outer barrel on a lathe, will hopefully be able to fit a flash hider on the end of it to, looking forward to it all!

Interesting project fella, keep us posted how it goes!

• Supporters

Those rails are brilliant I've had several and they are great if fitted correctly. I currently have the AR15 DD rail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.