Electric Blowback, Is It Worth It?

quagers101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thats an interesting question mate, and theres two ways of looking at it. If your looking at realism for the sport then yes it's worth it, the closer you can get to the real thing the better. So if suspension of realality is what your after then go get yourself a Blow back gun, and a load of 30 round mags.

But hold it! Lets look at the other side of the coin. Airsoft is a game, and as such do we want every advantage we can to help us win? I for one have spent a fair bit of money in the past trying to do everything i can to silence my guns, silencers, pistonheads and sound insulated gearboxes in addition i tend to use NBB pistols MK23 and revolvers as again without blowback there is a greatly reduced amount of noise.

What I am saying is, it's a personal balance between a tactical advantage and realisum. The choice is yours on where you are comfortable. I use quiet guns most of the time but i rarely use hi-caps.

On the subject of electric blowback, the first rifles where or a poor design and this lead to gearbox failures, but the later TM designs are supposed to be very good.

Yes now there quite good but it dosnt sway it from the fact its a unessesary moving part waiting to break imagine whats its like having to withstand going backwards and forwards that fast for long periods of time?? is it really worth it?

• Supporters

I would personally avoid all but the best EBB guns (only go for the ARES G36's and tokyo marui hard kick electric blowbacks) they put too much strain on the gearbox for no tactical advantage.

But like angel said (hehe, that is becoming a catchphrase :P) it does have that realism value.

but If you ARE going for realism, I would just get a gas blowback, much fewer problems, more kick, more realism.

so from different views:

my personal: avoid, too much hassle for no tactical gain

technical standpoint: avoid like the plague

tactical standpoint: is a bit louder, but most people will still hear you regardless of this, so no real pro or con here

realism: good, but not the best.

Archived