ics cxp

expendable
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys have just got a ics cxp only had it a few days and its my first ics.

now problem is when i was setting my red dot and sights the gear box made a wizzing noise (like a high cap unwinding) and then it wouldnt fire when i opened it i foudn to my horror that the very first tooth on the piston had broken off :'( any ideas as to wat the wizzing noise is? and im guessing il need a new piston now too :(

Hi buddy welcome to the frustration of Airsoft. Sounds to me like one of the components on the gearbox has failed chances are that the piston is the problem as there is a tooth missing. Possibly a gear as well. The other possible problem is motor position, so let's have a quick look at that first as it is an easy fix.

In the pistol grip is wear the motor for the gearbox lives. Assemble the gun for firing minus the mag and ensure the gun is empty. Turn the gun upside down and pull the trigger for a short period of time. Adjust the large screw in the middle of the base plate of the hand grip. As you tighten this screw it pushes the motor further into the gearbox making a better mesh between the motor and gearbox. Continue to tighten until the gun starts firing.

If it's not this and you have only recently purchase the gun I would strongly recommend to contact the shop where you got it from for them to sort it out

lol yeh its new only got it last friday id like to be able to fix it myself lol so if its just a piston prob i know theyd fix it for free but im on a learning curve my self seem to have sorted the alignment issue out by using an allen key on the bottom but it wont pull the piston to make it fire so will pick up a new piston i think cheers for help and quick repsonses

• Supporters
lol yeh its new only got it last friday id like to be able to fix it myself lol so if its just a piston prob i know theyd fix it for free but im on a learning curve my self seem to have sorted the alignment issue out by using an allen key on the bottom but it wont pull the piston to make it fire so will pick up a new piston i think cheers for help and quick repsonses

shame you opened it up! otherwise you could of has a go at claiming to VERY SMALL warranty. think its 30 days. its good to see you want to fix it yourself, do your research or have someone who knows what there doing there to try and teach / show the ways of a gearbox :)

good luck.

• Supporters

also, I'm sure you are on a guide trying to find out how to open up a V2 gearbox, one massive tip which has saved my arse on several occasions:

before you open the gearbox, get a screwdriver and put it in the hole on teh rear end of the box, so it fits down where the spring is. Then make sure you have a decent hold of it when you pry the box apart, this stops the spring flying across the room along with the spring guide and smahsing on the wall/smashing something expensive/sentimental/that will get you in a pile of fecal matter if broken.

also, make sure you FIND the tooth, it will be stuck in the gearbox somewhere and the box WILL need reopening at some later date when that tooth finds its way itnto soething that moves and breaks that too.

Archived