New guy - MP5

Mark1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

CA are good. classic army make some very nice MP5's aswell. good choice on that front.

SD5 has a solid stock, doesnt move BUT houses a larger battery (more later)

SD6 has a collapsible stock, doesnt house any battery, it is in the fore grip and room is more limited

yes it is true, large type and mini type are essentially the same other than a large type has a larger, more efficient connection to the gun. also, the larger the battery, the longer it lasts (usually)

upgradeability, no difference, but if you get a new stock you will loose the EPIC battery space

performance, bigger battery can fire more rounds before being replaced. OR a bigger one will fire faster and strip your gears and waste ammo, don't bother with this.

mags, basically any high cap will fit.

sights are easy, you need an adapter with a rail on it, they cost around £15 new but they perform the same if you get them for £3 off a forum (keep an eye out for bargains)

no noobish qusetions, if you want to know something, don't be afraid to ask, it's better for us to answer quickly and truthfully than have noobs going on and on at us :lol:

also, post number 1 - thus:

Welcome to the forums :D

Thank you very much for the help :)

As to 5 or 6, I'll keep what you said in mind when I'm seeing which feels most comfortable at the range.

Also, does anyone have any experience shooting right handed on the left shoulder? Or should I just try to become normal :P

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. Because I have cross dominant eyes (right handed, left eyed), when shooting right handed I have to tilt my head to the right to align the sight with my left eye. Alternatively, I can close my left eye and use my right eye like a normal person. This obviousely won't be affected by a stock getting in the way but tilting my head to use my left eye down the sight might be impossible with a full stock.

When I said 'shoulder' I actually meant 'eye'... sorry :)

I'll give it all a good testing when I try the weapons out...

• Supporters

not on CA's, the HU is on the left side, just above the handguard and behind the cocking lever.

doing 'the HK slap' only damages the bolt and nothing of any real use (we put a massive stainless steel bolt in my mates - now works a charm)

also, a replacement metal lever/handle is about £5/10, so no biggy if it does go wrong.

Archived