The Perfect airsoft website/retailer

Caora
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, Im working on my 3rd year University project. Im a keen airsofter and somehow or another i managed convinced my lecturers to let me base my project around airsoft. So here it is, a simple straight forward question, when it comes to purchasing airsoft online, what do you want. What do you dream of being able to do? What would be your perfect airsoft website? If this project goes to plan, it will be going live. So you guys help me and il help you. Any information will help.

Things that will also help are:

- Past purchase experiences and problems.

- Favourite sites and your reasons

- Things you think would be useful

- Things that you think would be generally ‘Cool’

- Items that would really make you go ‘WOW’

- Things that would give you a reason to come back time and time again.

Dont hold back on your answers. Outrageous, crazy, wacky, cool ideas usually turn out to be the best.

Many Thanks, UK Student :D

quote .

So here it is, a simple straight forward question, when it comes to purchasing airsoft online, what do you want?

Cheap ,Available ,fast service is the basis of any good shop online or off .

1-Past purchase experiences and problems.

I've brought many guns some new most 2nd hand from many different places and my biggest gripe is postage/courior .Some places charge the same postage for a bag of shims as they do for a gun which often makes the parts to expensive to bother.

2 - Favourite sites and your reasons.

I like some uk sites like airsoftworld & actionhobbies and some HK site like ebobbies all generally have the same web lay out, offer a good selection of stuff and deliver quickly .

3- Things you think would be useful.

A good site search engine nothing worse than having to trawl through pages of stuff you don't want.

4 - Things that you think would be generally ‘Cool’.

New/latest release stuff is always cool

5- Items that would really make you go ‘WOW’

something unique or custom

6- Things that would give you a reason to come back time and time again.

as above GOOD service a the right price

Have to say customer service and product reliability is #1

I would be more willing to shell out a couple extra bucks to ensure a solid buy experience.

I like ASGI, it is based in the U.S. but their website is good and their youtube videos are great marketing. Overall their customer service is ok.

www.airsoftgi.com

Fast service is always a plus.

The thing that I hate is being unsure of what I am buying. I like clearly marked items with Price, Brand, pictures, description, and references. I especially love videos over its performance.

Youtube is a GREAT marketing location. Making videos over products like ASGI does is a great way to get customers.

"Cool stuff" would have to be custom guns and very nice gear that is hard to get like flyye, Pantac, etc.

Something that could be unique that I have yet to see done is, there could be a section that completely dedicated for noobs. Basic gear, guns, and clothing for new players.

And lastly something that has really ticked me off with sites like Evike.com, do not use key words and keep misinformation to a minimum.

I think above about the noob thing is good but how about a package??

Becuase all the time you hear people go "i dont know what is a good gun" or "what type of vest should i get"

I think if you make a beginners kit for each type of site (woodland, CQB and Urban) then it would be alot easyier for a younger player to start out with out worring about what gun to buy

• AF-UK Founding Member

If your developing the site yourself, just generally how you search for products and the way things are categorised should be flawless, along with the basket actually.

There's nothing worse than a buggy basket or an inefficient search, basically simplicity and efficiency are things I would prioritise (in terms of building the site)

• Supporters

- Past purchase experiences and problems.

none really problematic for me, but postage that takes ages is frustrating

- Favourite sites and your reasons

Airsoftworld and actionhobbies. They are trusted to get good service to customers, have large inventories, reasonable prices. but postage is far too high for a small item (still the same as a rifle)

- Things you think would be useful

effective search function

- Things that you think would be generally ‘Cool’

good, concise tests of new products on youtube.

- Items that would really make you go ‘WOW’

snazzy background, but with a good layout. AW are close to this one actually.

- Things that would give you a reason to come back time and time again.

good customer service. not blaming couriers if they didnt get a package out in time. good prices on P+P and the item itself

oh, and slow websites are the worst thing in the world.

Archived