Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

6 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

How do I find info about red dots combined with flip out magnifiers? Or is it the other way round?
TIA

Wording's a little confusing but from what I can make out, to see what is compatible red dot to magnifier, you have to just know what it is you're after and the type.
If you look online most magnifier will be for Eotechs, others for aimpoint red dots, and then some "might" work with other sights but are best for the previously listed.

Just look at the image and if it looks like the one used (perhaps in a google image search) as ones people use with the preferred sight of your choice, then go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells longer than standard length TM desert eagle inner barrels? Looking for around 10" and can be tight bore or standard bore.

My googlefu has failed me.

14 minutes ago, PT247 said:

They are just VSR cut barrels aren't they? a VSR10 G-Spec barrel will be 11.8"

Apparently not. I read on airsoft Canada that vsr barrels won't work. 

• Root Admin
5 hours ago, MasterGouken said:

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells longer than standard length TM desert eagle inner barrels? Looking for around 10" and can be tight bore or standard bore.

My googlefu has failed me.

X-Fire.org will custom cut you one if you're really struggling.

Hey guys not sure where this belongs but I got a question 

about upgrade

My guns at 310fps  would a simple hop/bucking upgrade get it closer to 340?

second question 

if legal field limit is 350 for aeg 500+ for snipers 

at what point is a dmr  needed 

from what I've found out if you use a dmr you have to wait to simulate a bolt pull

now I'm interested in this for future weapon reference as I want a svd but want the double tap capability so it would be at the 350 limit. could I double tap the rifle or would it be frowned upon?

Guest PT247

hop and bucking "generally" will have very little effect on fps although from off to set will have a variance. Improving your airseal around the bucking (with PTFE tape) can give you a boost and will help with consistency too. Get a good air seal and see what it puts out then. If you still want higher fps you can run a tighter bore barrel or put in a stiffer spring. I'd not suggest going tighter than 6.03mm though.

For DMR rules, they are site specific, you need to ask where you play. Where I play you need to have I believe a one second delay between shots, this can be controlled with a burst wizard mosfet. You will never need to double tap someone, one BB counts as a kill, if you miss then you need to work on your accuracy as that is the point of the DMR/Sniper rifle roles. Personally the DMR doesn't have enough of an advantage over an AEG to be worth the MED or loss of burst fire and the delay between shots means you may as well go for a sniper rifle and have higher fps limits.

On 18/03/2018 at 9:43 PM, Misticmelon said:

Would anyone know how to make a WE P38 fully auto or if it's possible thanks. 

image.png.654b41fedd13fd951c8607835a46c137.png

• Moderators

Curious as to any decent weapon lights out that that run on AA batteries? . I know Surefire do the M600AA-DSS Scout light

i have a LED Lenser 7.2, runs on 3 AAA's but looking for a slimmer one if possible, and one thats not likely to fall to bits after a few uses!!

still googling at work but thought id ask the 'respectable members on here' for a quicker answer! :lol:

6 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Curious as to any decent weapon lights out that that run on AA batteries? . I know Surefire do the M600AA-DSS Scout light

i have a LED Lenser 7.2, runs on 3 AAA's but looking for a slimmer one if possible, and one thats not likely to fall to bits after a few uses!!

still googling at work but thought id ask the 'respectable members on here' for a quicker answer! :lol:

I just got one that takes Lithium batteries, either standard or rechargable. It has a red dot and light. and has great build quality. Even comes with a pressure switch you can wire into your RIF.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071P1S8V7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators

cheers Duff, keep me posted on how it goes on the pistol :)

after one for the ARs ,but fed up of C123 batteries! :lol:

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

cheers Duff, keep me posted on how it goes on the pistol :)

after one for the ARs ,but fed up of C123 batteries! :lol:

This would fit absolteuly fine on an AR in my opinion. I'd pop it on my M4 but there's no front end to attach it to yet. :D

1 minute ago, proffrink said:

Doesn't matter. Both can shoot extremely consistently if you set them up correctly.

I never play CQB but do have another primary for that. I already have the KC02 and its incredible, but I was looking to buy a Tippmann M4 so I'm just wondering if I am better off using that money to do a full internal upgrade + a HPA system?

• Root Admin

Tippmann M4s and KC02s are both really well supported and I don't think you'd be disappointed with either. Basically the question is whether you want an M4 or a Ruger .22 :) I have no doubt that you could get a Tippmann M4 shooting as straight and as far as your KC02, but I would consider the issue of feeding heavier BBs with the Tippmann mag (just look into this - I don't know the answer). Assume at worst it's a case of switching a mag spring.

Additionally I've found lying down with that long M4 mag is a bit of a pain occasionally and the Tippmann cannot take a short mag AFAIK. If you're sniping with that KC02 then this could be a minor issue.

14 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Tippmann M4s and KC02s are both really well supported and I don't think you'd be disappointed with either. Basically the question is whether you want an M4 or a Ruger .22 :) I have no doubt that you could get a Tippmann M4 shooting as straight and as far as your KC02, but I would consider the issue of feeding heavier BBs with the Tippmann mag (just look into this - I don't know the answer). Assume at worst it's a case of switching a mag spring.

Additionally I've found lying down with that long M4 mag is a bit of a pain occasionally and the Tippmann cannot take a short mag AFAIK. If you're sniping with that KC02 then this could be a minor issue.

Great thanks for the informative response, thats really helped me out :) 

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

So that's a no then?
I'm looking for something like this:
https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/
But one for RIFs...

One does not exist that I know of, you can easily go to maybe 5 popular retailer sites and look at the brand list, from there go to each brand's own website for a full list start to end of all guns.
Might I ask what this is for?

To make one sounds like it would be a waste of time.