Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Moderators

Another for you

Have the style of the FMA / Emerson fast helmets changed slightly to have a diamond style holes instead of the rounded type??

Other than that, same fittings etc.

• Moderators

Cheers JC, was looking for a black one but could only see the diamond shaped hole one where I was looking, not that it matters I guess with a DE one with oval holes....I'm not that OCD

What's with the new side rails as well, more a slotted hole than a rail, intake if there are adapters out there??

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Mornin'

I'm ordering a Prometheus EG 6.03 Barrel and purple rubber.

Should I stick with the normal nub that's in my ProWin hop unit, or get one of the Prometheus bridge tensioners?

http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/527/s/laylax-prometheus-bridged-hop-nub-soft-blue-hard-black/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Anyone fitted a LED lenser P7.2 to side rails, if so what bracket did you use, only found barrel mount clips so far and it won't fit in the Xtar clamp I have

• Supporters

Cheers JC, was looking for a black one but could only see the diamond shaped hole one where I was looking, not that it matters I guess with a DE one with oval holes....I'm not that OCD

What's with the new side rails as well, more a slotted hole than a rail, intake if there are adapters out there??

That's a completely different type of helmet made by a company called Team Wendy, Ops Core haven't changed the design of their rails at all.

There are adapters for Team Wendy rails, but as far as I know only real steel ones so expect to pay a bit of a premium.

• Moderators

silly question of the day :D:D:D:rolleyes:

side rails on the fast helmets, would something like this fit to rail section that's supplied them?, ive forgotten what size they, but im not sure it will....

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/lights-lasers/weapon-mounted-led-light-black-night-evolution?from=listing&campaign-id=14

if not, any other possibilities?

note to self, get brother to bloody register to stop asking his questions LOL

• Moderators

That's a completely different type of helmet made by a company called Team Wendy, Ops Core haven't changed the design of their rails at all.

There are adapters for Team Wendy rails, but as far as I know only real steel ones so expect to pay a bit of a premium.

thanks JC for that, i just got him a regular FMA one in the end from Firesupport as he wanted it next day so picked up at Urban Assault.....hence now the question above this :D

silly question of the day :D:D:D:rolleyes:

side rails on the fast helmets, would something like this fit to rail section that's supplied them?, ive forgotten what size they, but im not sure it will....

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/lights-lasers/weapon-mounted-led-light-black-night-evolution?from=listing&campaign-id=14

if not, any other possibilities?

note to self, get brother to bloody register to stop asking his questions LOL

Will fit fine , same with anything that fits ris rails. Probably wouldnt buy that torch unless someone has recommended it ?

• Moderators

Haha no worries, not my money but I'll pass it on

Haha no worries, not my money but I'll pass it on

I'm sure it will work but 200 lumens seems a bit low I'd you want it as a distraction device and to get any range on it. I'd perhaps have a look at some of the threads on here for recommend torches. I picked up a cheap torch first time I went gaol after 1 game I ended up buying abother one from the on site shop lol

• Moderators

not sure what he wants it for as we dont really play any games i would say you need one, Urban possibly but your more likely to get shot with it on the head than your gun....

Like triggers idea of normal torch and using it as a decoy!, although if i had a pistol id use it in one hand to support it :)

A great tactic i picked up from some real guys is to have a strip of velcro on the torch to attach it onto your helmet. Its easiily accessible, adjustable and pretty secure. If it gets knocked it falls and doesnt rip your lid off, (not so much airsoft but important in real combat) it can also be removed an placed on a PC or in a pocket.

Remeber a torch should rarely be used in a fire fight, it gives your position away and screws up your vison. Keep it only for doing tasks such as objectives, searching, repairing or restocking or treating casualties.

A great tactic i picked up from some real guys is to have a strip of velcro on the torch to attach it onto your helmet. Its easiily accessible, adjustable and pretty secure. If it gets knocked it falls and doesnt rip your lid off, (not so much airsoft but important in real combat) it can also be removed an placed on a PC or in a pocket.

Remeber a torch should rarely be used in a fire fight, it gives your position away and screws up your vison. Keep it only for doing tasks such as objectives, searching, repairing or restocking or treating casualties.

Bb guns don't have muzzle flash so how do you know where the target is if it's pitch black

that is the whole point, more stealthy.

Yeah I agree, movement etc in the dark is useful for stealth but you still need to see the target before you open fire

• Supporters

if you are a master of zen then you know inside where they are outside! :D

ohmmmmmmm ohmmmmmm

Airsoft Buddhism at its finest lol.

But he has a point you just have to become one with the dark.

Or just aim at the stupid people walking round with their torches on. I never use a torch unless it's as a decoy or I am on my way back to regen. Thats why I love people saying the brighter the better because they are easier to track. The sensible people only use dim red navigation torches.

I remember playing down The Tunnels in Epsom, pitch black, just me sneaking in a darker part, I could tell multiple people entered the area (they were talking), I fired 3 shots in pitch black and 3 players (none of them me) walked away after shouting "hit", if you get in touch with your senses you can literally see in the dark. Too many folk rely on this newfangled tech like torches and night vision (ok NV is pretty darn cool but a tad ott in airsoft)

Airsoft Buddhism at its finest lol.

But he has a point you just have to become one with the dark.

Or just aim at the stupid people walking round with their torches on. I never use a torch unless it's as a decoy or I am on my way back to regen. Thats why I love people saying the brighter the better because they are easier to track. The sensible people only use dim red navigation torches.

You've never called me sensible before! <3

• Moderators

Brother was given these, one tub

http://www.toyloco.co.uk/bb-pellets-2000-x-6mm-bb-airsoft-pellets.html#.WIJ8i4HfWEc

Shall I just tell him to bin them??!!

Although he does like the tub!!

Took me a while to find then on google, no idea if they were bought from there.....

• Moderators

Haha Hopefully he took my advice last week and did but I said I'd ask,

Wish he would bloody join the forum!!