Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters

Is the Bulle recon harness any good? In terms of quality, how well it fits etc.

I don't have one, but I have never heard a bad word about them. People say they are light and comfortable, but well stitched. I expect it depends a lot on your shape. The recon harness is mainly on your front so you'll need to wear it tight, otherwise it will slide around/up and down when you run, even more than a full vest/pc which also has a back. If you are slim you might be best emailing flecktarn to ask them to measure it adjusted to minimum size.

what is DMR?

Designated Marksman(s) Rifle. Not quite a sniper rifle, but usually an accuratised version of the standard service rifle used by a Designated Marksman (DM) to reach out to targets beyond the range of the rest of his team.

In airsoft terms, this usually can be any gun which has been upgraded to circa 450fps dependent on site rules. Usually has to be locked to semi auto and some sites include a MED for DMR's.

TL:DR

(Usually)An AEG/GBB which has been tuned to be accurate beyond ranges of normal non sniper rifles OR to be more consistent.

• Supporters

Should hop up be turned completely off after every game? Or can it be left where you want it?

Leave your hop up setting where it was. There will be a good chance that you will not need to adjust it next time you use the gun, assuming you use the same BB's, but other things which can necessitate adjustments are temperature and humidity.

• Supporters

wtf ? poxy site crashed and lost my epic war n peace novel - ffs

ah sod it - to change polarity on moody xt60 adapter use a needle to un-click the male

pins on adapter pull back wire and the pin should come out

do the same to other - check & tweak the clips on the male prong

swap over wires - click back into place blah blah blah

had to do this for a couple of big-small tamiya & xt60 to small tamiya adapters - jeez

wtf ? poxy site crashed and lost my epic war n peace novel - ffs

ah sod it - to change polarity on moody xt60 adapter use a needle to un-click the male

pins on adapter pull back wire and the pin should come out

do the same to other - check & tweak the clips on the male prong

swap over wires - click back into place blah blah blah

had to do this for a couple of big-small tamiya & xt60 to small tamiya adapters - jeez

its done now thanks :)another question is it true blaster .28s are better than the devil blaster .28s. I'm sure I heard it somewhere, something about devils having more air bubbles and all... ?

• Supporters

Shall we just call this the team flex thread and be done with it?

Also, how many posts and stupid questions do you need before you aren't classed as a noob?

We had one of those. I didn't like it because we don't single people out when all they're trying to do is learn, because that isn't fair. Now we don't have that thread any more.

We were all new to airsoft once, we all wanted to know everything right away, and I welcome anyone who is so enthusiastic that their thirst for knowledge is literally bursting out and they're owning up to their ignorance and asking questions instead of just bumbling along, people like that are the future of our sport and often turn out to be formidable opponents.

To stop being classed as a noob, you have to show respect to other noobs who are trying to learn the things you probably didn't know yourself once upon a time, and you have to accept that when someone is asking their quick questions and is looking for simple answers, in my Quick Questions & Simple Answers thread, they have every right to do so, only then, grasshopper, are no longer a noob.

Thread cleaned.

• Supporters

What are the Best/Affordable Radio Comms to use in an Airsoft game?

2nd Hand Motorola XTR446

Me again - With the TM scar what BBs do you recommend using. IK FPS doesn't normally matter however when I gun is shooting 290 and using the app i got a quote of : Your weapon will fire at 245.1 FPS with .28g BB's. That is lower than my mates b500a1 shitty thing from jbbg (supposedly, tbh probably fires at 100 fps) but still after seeing people saying at 290 fps it gets annoying watching people stepping out of the way, and I don't really want to upgrade the spring in some time in case I ruin the hop up somehow (heard people on here saying it happens).

TL;DR are .28s fine to use with a TM scar when it will be shooting at 250 fps, or do you advise .25s and lower?

thanks again

Should hop up be turned completely off after every game? Or can it be left where you want it?

Something I learned to do is to turn the hop off completely before changing inner barrels. The nub can be displaced by the hop window's edge as it pulls along it.

• Supporters

Me again - With the TM scar what BBs do you recommend using. IK FPS doesn't normally matter however when I gun is shooting 290 and using the app i got a quote of : Your weapon will fire at 245.1 FPS with .28g BB's. That is lower than my mates b500a1 shitty thing from jbbg (supposedly, tbh probably fires at 100 fps) but still after seeing people saying at 290 fps it gets annoying watching people stepping out of the way, and I don't really want to upgrade the spring in some time in case I ruin the hop up somehow (heard people on here saying it happens).

TL;DR are .28s fine to use with a TM scar when it will be shooting at 250 fps, or do you advise .25s and lower?

thanks again

At 290FPS you should use 0.2g BB's. Basically 0.25's don't give you any advantage until around 345FPS-ish (with 0.2's) - heavier than that should be left for DMR's and BASR's (Bolt Action Sniper Rifles).

• Supporters

thanks for the help, I thought .25s were much more accurate? anyways, thanks :)

They are more accurate, because it takes more wind to deflect them from their trajectory, but as you rightly said, if your target can see them coming and step out of the way, it doesn't matter how accurate they are.

BTW, "FPS isn't everything" is a saying you will see a lot. Well, trust me on this, when it comes to getting hits in the field, FPS may not be everything, but it is far more important than most other gun-related factors. Of course you also need a decent hop up set up, but we do not live in some kind of nightmare scenario where you must choose between good hop or good FPS - your aim should be to have both. If your hop unit gives good accuracy and range at 290FPS, you will keep the accuracy and get better range at 330FPS, and more still at 345FPS.

• Supporters

Anyone know why my WAS MOLLE harness has 6 loops to attach a belt when their belts only come with 4 rings to attach to? Pictures show them just tucked into free MOLLE sections which seems pointless to me.

It may be to allow for different sizes/shapes of people.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the hop rubber and bucking the same thing and if so which one would you recommend out of the Firefly hard hop up rubber and the Laylax Purple bucking. Also if anyone could recommend a good sight would be appreciated for around £80.

• Supporters

Thread tidied. You may find that your rational, well thought out answers have been deleted, possibly because you didn't quote the question.

Please remember to

the question you're giving an answer to, so that the person who asked can find your response/gets a notification when you answer!

If you're mobile and can't change colours or make quotes, please say so.

Please also remember that this thread is for simple questions & simple answers, if you feel a topic needs discussing further, start a new thread!

Anyone had any issues posting a RIF to Northern Ireland? I assume the law there around RIFs is the same as rest of the UK? Cheers.

The only difference is everything over here has to be 1 joule or less. No exceptions.