Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sure ive seen this but how well are ASG mags in ICS AEGS or vice versa?

would be nice actually to have a sticky topic of mag v AEG compatibility.....for quick reference do you think?? :)

5 hours ago, djben9 said:

Sure ive seen this but how well are ASG mags in ICS AEGS or vice versa?

would be nice actually to have a sticky topic of mag v AEG compatibility.....for quick reference do you think?? :)

Might be simpler if it was a list of incompatibilities though. :)

• Moderators

yeah that could work....its often asked......i only have ICS mags at moment

• Moderators

curious,,,,,are these Revision Desert Locusts....??....non Fan version?

_96349246_terrorpolice.jpg

• Supporters
On 6/6/2017 at 8:44 PM, djben9 said:

curious,,,,,are these Revision Desert Locusts....??....non Fan version?

_96349246_terrorpolice.jpg

Reckon so....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

work Airsoft game friday....

whats the issue with

1. placing batteries in RIFs the night before (will be in boot of car all day Friday in shade (underground car park))
  2. Filling the mid caps up the night before 

cant think of any and could leave batteries until i get there tbh but trying to be super organised.......

• Supporters

I always fill mags the might before so no issue there, couldn't say about batteries but I've left batteries in guns on the way home by mistake before and never had a problem so I'd have thought they'd be alright 

• Moderators

cheers guys,

only 30mins down the road. may just wire up when i get there but load up mags tomorrow

Guest PT247
11 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Does anyone know of a midcap (or even low cap/real cap) short M4 magazine in the PMAG style? Obviously there are the old PTS ones, but I was wondering if there's been a more generic one made since.

I've found one so far, but can't source it in the UK.

I know you mentioned mid.low cap but what about these?
http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/product_info.php?cPath=37_27&products_id=2179

If they are like the Battleaxe ones then they only need winding once and shoul fire them all out on that wind. The Battleaxe mags hold 190 BBs so assume these are the same

Guest PT247

if it is for a milsim, then just load the max BBs allowed in each mag, if only 30 allowed then just work out how many you need to add to get 30 BBs to exit the mag... you'd not get any rattles either in that way.

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, PT247 said:

if it is for a milsim, then just load the max BBs allowed in each mag, if only 30 allowed then just work out how many you need to add to get 30 BBs to exit the mag... you'd not get any rattles either in that way.

Na, it's not. I just don't like magazine rattle.

Either way, I messaged them anyway in case there's some way I can half load them without it making a huge noise all the time, but I'm a little doubtful because of the way hicraps work. Can source them from that French site for about 13 quid each (if I'm including postage) if I need to, but the postage just seemed steep.

I saw those Battleaxe ones too, but again wanted to try and find midcaps if possible.

Guest PT247

The original Battleaxe shorty mags I ordered a few years ago were awesome, very little rattle and fed perfectly for all 190 BBs, the ones I linked look cheaper and feed badly so be warey of fakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Are pressure switch replacements generic?, 

I have an Element 300 scout light but accidentally pulled the cable out of the pad while leaning on it....

seems you can pull the cable out of the back of the light, like a 'plug' and also screw the end off, ideally plug and play

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Are pressure switch replacements generic?, 

I have an Element 300 scout light but accidentally pulled the cable out of the pad while leaning on it....

seems you can pull the cable out of the back of the light, like a 'plug' and also screw the end off, ideally plug and play

I don't have the answer but I'm pretty sure I have a spare, I'll have a look on the morning and if it's there you're welcome to have it 

• Moderators

Thanks for that :)

• Moderators

ok, no problem. I'll have a search online etc and see if its worth getting a new complete set or the lead from somewhere

thanks again for the offer / help etc :) 

• Supporters
22 hours ago, djben9 said:

ok, no problem. I'll have a search online etc and see if its worth getting a new complete set or the lead from somewhere

thanks again for the offer / help etc :) 

Element and Night Evolution both make spare leads for these as they are mostly crap and are the most common point of failure! Original Surefire ones will also work if you want to spend the money.

• Moderators

Cheers Loz, i'll see if google can help track one down

I assume its a standard fitting then?

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Cheers Loz, i'll see if google can help track one down

I assume its a standard fitting then?

Certainly seems to be. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Evolution-Replacement-Remote-Pressure-Pad-Switch-Surefire-XM-NE-04022-/292140128168?hash=item4404e897a8

Or this one which is rail mounted and has a contant ON option http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Evolution-Remote-Pressure-Pad-Switch-Constant-ON-Off-Surefire-XM-/302318286647?hash=item466392f737

Or this one which comes with a whole new tailcap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Evolution-Remote-Switch-Assembly-Tail-Cap-ScoutLights-NE-04042-BK-/292118801610?hash=item4403a32cca