Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Just purchased a Tokyo Marui VSR G-spec rifle and I'm looking to upgrade it (spring, piston, cyclinder, trigger etc). I've heard good things about the Laylax zero trigger, but it's expensive and costs almost as much as the rifle itself. So are there any good alternatives? The AirsoftPro one looks decent, but I can't seem to find one in stock. Also, is the stock hop rubber capable of lifting heavyweight bbs? Thanks in advance :)

Guest PT247

You need to upgrade the trigger, you can just do the sears but the whole thing is easier, although more expensive. The TM rubber is a good rubber but will tear as it is soft, use it until it wears out then worry about replacing it! :-)

9 hours ago, Will Lewer said:

Just purchased a Tokyo Marui VSR G-spec rifle and I'm looking to upgrade it (spring, piston, cyclinder, trigger etc). I've heard good things about the Laylax zero trigger, but it's expensive and costs almost as much as the rifle itself. So are there any good alternatives? The AirsoftPro one looks decent, but I can't seem to find one in stock. Also, is the stock hop rubber capable of lifting heavyweight bbs? Thanks in advance :)

Airsoft pro trigger is an awesome mid range trigger, if you want to lift heaver bb's id suggest a 9 ball hop rubber pair with a b type hop lever (if they still make them!)

Should I leave a trace amount of gas in pistol mags between games?

Have heard (typically) different opinions.

Guest PT247

There are 2 schools of thought on this.... ITH is stating one of them.... the other is no, utterly empty them between game days and just service them by removing the o-rings and lubing them regularly......

Now If I were me, I'd go with ITH's advice as I am inclined to not create work for myself..... but.... The engineer in me (I is one btw) would say no, vent the gas but remove the o-rings and lube them up between game days. This would mean they maintain their shape so seal correctly, they also are not under gas compression so don't deform prematurely and fail and they will also get a better lubrication so last longer. Downside being the effort involved in keeping them tip-top and also the threads could have wear and tear on them causing stripped threads or heads etc....

Fixed my pistol with pliers, for now.

I usually vent my pistol magazines after games by firing all the rounds and then having some fun until each magazine is too spent to cycle the slide lock. Not had one fail yet. Though had a few need their screw tightening.

My TM M92 mags have had nothing but problems, leaky like a sieve. Had them looked at and sealed by a tech and lasted a couple of games now one of them leaks from the edge of the base. 

I wouldnt mind but I do look after my gear and only play once a month if im lucky so they should last a lot longer than this.

Picked up a MK23 a little while ago and want to keep the mags in top working order!

Speaking of mk23's.

Would an ASG MK23 do just fine or is it worth the premium to get a TM MK23 for CQB settings?

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, Paltala said:

Speaking of mk23's.

Would an ASG MK23 do just fine or is it worth the premium to get a TM MK23 for CQB settings?

When I wanted to buy a Mk23 a few years ago, the best reviews / threads on the forum were for the TM version.  It is a great pistol.

changing my question from 'are Beesting airsoft any good' to how can I get my money back (I trusted debit card would be fine) 

I always thought they were supposed to be pretty good but nothing but bad reviews recently and I'm f*cking worried now 

Apparently they will not do sh*t until you raise a serious enough formal complaint I.e. PayPal dispute 

which I can't do 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a sling option for my scorpion stock - I need a way to add a hook or loop to the end of the stock - I already own enough slings just need something to attach to.

I previously used http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/emersongear-mp7-mp5-sling-adaptor-black.htm It worked a treat until it broke (the cord came out of the webbing - I guess the gun was too heavy - after being used 4 times).

cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-black-1.jpg?auto=fo

• Head Moderator
8 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

I'm looking for a sling option for my scorpion stock - I need a way to add a hook or loop to the end of the stock - I already own enough slings just need something to attach to.

Use some Paracord, it is strong and you can melt the ends to seal it.  Thread the Paracord through the hole in the stock, make a loop, and tie a decent knot (check YouTube) to attach the sling to. 

You could use plastic part with the cord wound through it.  Basically replacing the weaker thin original line with the thicker cord.

7 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Use some Paracord, it is strong and you can melt the ends to seal it.  Thread the Paracord through the hole in the stock, make a loop, and tie a decent knot (check YouTube) to attach the sling to. 

You could use plastic part with the cord wound through it.  Basically replacing the weaker thin original line with the thicker cord.

I had been looking at paracord, but its so expensive. :/

On 2017-5-5 at 1:34 AM, Sacarathe said:

If you have any of those paracord bracelets or anything lying around, you can unthread them and get a decent length out of them. 

If not, £4 for 100ft of paracord isn't too bad a deal. And once you have 100ft, you'll never need any again.

• Supporters
On 5/5/2017 at 1:34 AM, Sacarathe said:

£4.38 + free delivery for 100FT https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Parachute-Paracord-Survival-Outdoor/dp/B00COZK2FW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1494238092&sr=8-5&keywords=paracord&th=1&psc=1

How is that expensive?

29 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I only need 2ft. :)

I'm going to look for 4mm though, so I can thread some through the sling mounts too.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

I only need 2ft. :)

I'm going to look for 4mm though, so I can thread some through the sling mounts too.

Buy the 100ft, then when you need another 2ft you'll already have some :)

Or PM me your address and I'll dig you out some of mine (I only have the stuff I linked to though).

• Root Admin

All those reported posts and threads are now hidden/deleted.

@Nightowl Scopes Airsoft: Please be wary that above all else this forum is for your average airsofter to communicate with other airsofters and is not primarily a platform for promoting your YouTube channel. Please feel free to make a thread in the Media section and update that as per the rules of that section, but posting links to your channel in other threads is really not on.

Thanks all for the reports.