Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Brother was given these, one tub

http://www.toyloco.co.uk/bb-pellets-2000-x-6mm-bb-airsoft-pellets.html#.WIJ8i4HfWEc

Shall I just tell him to bin them??!!

Although he does like the tub!!

Took me a while to find then on google, no idea if they were bought from there.....

.."BB Wars" :|

• Moderators

Fitting a torch thats 30mm dia. Led lenser P7.2, to side rail, this should fit shouldn't it?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/strike-systems-pro-optic-30mm-mount-ring

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

C123 batteries, I got a load from Niton999 a few years back, after some more, just curious really what brand people use these days or do you just go for as reasonably cheap as possible?

Niton999 are there own brand but had surefire before, only really used in the peq box as fitted my Lensor which takes AAAs  now :mellow:

few good deals on web on cheap Panasonic ones but thought I'd ask :P

On 1/23/2017 at 6:40 PM, djben9 said:

Fitting a torch thats 30mm dia. Led lenser P7.2, to side rail, this should fit shouldn't it?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/strike-systems-pro-optic-30mm-mount-ring

I actually have the same torch mounted on a 45 degree mount. I just got one off amazon for £6 or something. Just get a 30mm mount and put a small layer of electrical tape around the torch to prevent scratching and make it a tighter fit. When I measured mine it was actually 28.5 millimetres or something. Just say if you want a pic or link ;)

Tldr, yeah that'll work but the 45 degree mounts feel better to me. 

• Moderators

Cheers can pm me the link

i picked up a simple one at the weekend from FS while i was there, already taped up but could do with another on the other one 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Anyone know anywhere that has a ares vz-58 gearbox in stock

the efcs module has given up on mine and the spare one I bought last October dose not work at all :angry:

edit:- I should add that I have googled the hell out of it, and have tried programming the new efcs with no luck

Edited by sp00n
Added info

3 hours ago, sp00n said:

Anyone know anywhere that has a ares vz-58 gearbox in stock

the efcs module has given up on mine and the spare one I bought last October dose not work at all :angry:

edit:- I should add that I have googled the hell out of it, and have tried programming the new efcs with no luck

I'm not sure if anyone stocks them on their own. However, Ares is supposedly good for supplying spare parts if you contact them directly.

Failing that, give OPs-7 in Sheffield a bell and ask for Sam; I've spoken to him in the past and he said they *might* be able to sort them; though I think they just contact Ares and get them off them; so speaking directly to them might be as easy.

Having read conflicting posts and even having two different answers from two different retailers I figured I would ask those here which actually play and use these..

Best gas for TM pistol mags (MK23 & M92) ??

Been told green, been told avoid green, is predator 144a suitable or not?? ARGHH!!! confused lol

Actually my question should be WHAT DO YOU USE IN YOUR TM PISTOL MAGS?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Having read conflicting posts and even having two different answers from two different retailers I figured I would ask those here which actually play and use these..

Best gas for TM pistol mags (MK23 & M92) ??

Been told green, been told avoid green, is predator 144a suitable or not?? ARGHH!!! confused lol

Actually my question should be WHAT DO YOU USE IN YOUR TM PISTOL MAGS?

144a is fine for summer use, green should be OK for when it gets colder. I use Nuprol green in my TM HK45 with no issues.

I run NUPROL Black 4.0 in my TM Mk23 and G17 pistols in the winter, then switch to a softer gas in summer. But the TM Mk23 mags wont allow you to use strong gas without modding them as they have an over pressure valve and will vent. Use clone mags and it is fine though! :-)

Its the softer gas strong gas references which confuse my little mind!! ;)

But thanks..

Another one!!

Is THIS https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-mp5k-single-point-sling-bracket-part-k-10 an end cap if I remove the foldable stock? Pretty sure it is but im not finding google much help tonight n theres little info in the description as usual with airsoft parts.

Ah... Mine looks like the above.. I figured it was one piece and I would need to cap it.

I shall attempt to remove it tomo afternoon I was just trying to get ahead and get prepared

Cheers!

Sorted my Mp5K.. Looks great thanks.

Just stripped my CM16 as was told piston was gone. One of the teeth have sheared off it seems. Would it be prudent to do anything else to the Gearbox whilst it is open and I am waiting for a replacement part?

Do you mean the Trident SDP or the Alpha SDP? I have the Trident and it is great. All the Trident guns have a QC spring, I believe all the Alphas do too.

TBH, in the UK we basically get the Alpha marketed as the Trident anyhows except for external bits. Main difference internally in the USA is the motor, porting and spring (and gearbox colour). Externally the  Alpha actually is better as it has the extendable stock that the PDW has so that is a win. The SDP due to being so short can actually deal with the 30k motor at 350fps but being an Alpha (or a UK gun) it comes with the 20k motor so is a little less snappy than it could be. You can remedy this by using a low "C" rated 11.1v LiPo rather than the suggested 7.4v LPo and it'll be dandy! :-)