Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Red bit

Noticed today how I didn't enjoy using my 'eotech' type sight as I found it hard to see it yet my brother had a red dot sight that showed up really well. Are there any other red dot / holo sights that show up really well in day light or have I just got a bad one??

Can post up links later as on phone at mo and kids whinging with colds!!!

I find the <£20 red/green dots work really well.

• Moderators

Any particular ones you like/recommend?

My Bros red dot I think was £26 where as my eotech clone type was £40 ish from memory

Obviously not to much if I can help it , as long as it's reliable and can see, let's start around 50, but if cheaper, bonus for me 🙂

• Moderators

Cheers guys, I'll take a browse online when I get some time later, do like the Eotech ones though 🙂

But no rush, prob won't be playing again until new year with weekends becoming busy ☹️️☹️️

• Supporters

Any particular ones you like/recommend?

My Bros red dot I think was £26 where as my eotech clone type was £40 ish from memory

Obviously not to much if I can help it , as long as it's reliable and can see, let's start around 50, but if cheaper, bonus for me 🙂

Slightly more but the best you will get unless you want to drop silly money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTG-Green-Riser-Adaptor-Flip-Open/dp/B004HICPHW

As a related question, what is the advantages of the enclosed red dots over the low profile ones that look like a single sheet optic (if that makes any sense)

I was planning on getting a red dot of some variety to keep a nice field of vision without having to mess about with irons.

• Root Admin

Slightly more but the best you will get unless you want to drop silly money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTG-Green-Riser-Adaptor-Flip-Open/dp/B004HICPHW

I think that price may be a bit weird as usually they retail around £45 :S Probably £55 in the UK though, but if it's not needed in a hurry then https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UTG-4-2-ITA-Red-Green-CQB-Dot-with-QD-Mount-Riser-Adaptor-Red-Dot-Scope/32415132712.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10000007_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10037_10054_10059_10032_10099_10078_10079_10077_10073_10097_10100_10096_10070_10052_10050_424_10051,searchweb201603_9&btsid=0f265eb0-a262-4cf6-8240-e97d34dda1a3

As a related question, what is the advantages of the enclosed red dots over the low profile ones that look like a single sheet optic (if that makes any sense)

I was planning on getting a red dot of some variety to keep a nice field of vision without having to mess about with irons.

None really, but one can put a piece of polycarbonate or a killflash infront of it to stop it getting shot out so readily. The cylindrical ones also tend to be threaded at the front with a retention ring so it's much easier to do on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find some WA GBBR inner barrels, but there don't seem to be any at all in the UK? specifically looking for 16" and preferably 6.03

Change your hop unit to something that accepts AEG cuts. If it's a G&P WOC then the Iron Airsoft hop chamber will do just that and is a better built overall anyway/

Might give that a go, do you have a recommended supplier of it?

And now still looking for WA barrels as I literally cannot find anywhere with instock iron airsoft hop units.

• Root Admin

Ya need to research more then when it comes to your purchases - WA platforms are absolute arse unless they're really done properly because it's an ancient design. I took 15 minutes and looked into the Iron Airsoft hop unit to see if there were any clones (using gasguns.info and Google mostly). Turns out Begadi makes a direct clone of the Iron Airsoft/Prime that's compatible and in stock: http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6493

Also 5KU do one if you can find one in stock.

What you won't find anymore is WA cuts from a good manufacturer - they're highly niche and an overall inferior barrel design for a GBBR because of the really stupid, long unbridged window. The buckings for them are equally naff as a result.

Thanks mate, my google fu isn't doing that well due to working off a mobile as home internet hasn't worked for the last week, big thumbs and small screens don't mix.

I don't actually have a WA M4, I've got the DAS M4 (at least just waiting for customs for it) and was planning to stick on a 16in barrel (after I've checked it works well in stock form), and wouldn't mind having a mess around with it as soon as possible.

out of the three versions above, which one do you think is the best one overall?

thanks.

• Root Admin

I have no idea which is best, but frankly the designs are all similar - just get what's available as it'll be far better than the stock unit.

May want to check if it fits the DAS - should do, but tolerances can change between the WA clones (Prime being a good example of this). Didn't think you had a WA by the way - basically unavailable anywhere new these days and an awful option for anyone but the most dedicated collector. Would certainly triple check that compatibility though knowing how different the DAS is from the GBBR models.

Also, isn't the DAS EBB and pretty new? Why on earth did they go for the WA cut?

• Supporters

Thanks mate, my google fu isn't doing that well due to working off a mobile as home internet hasn't worked for the last week, big thumbs and small screens don't mix.

I don't actually have a WA M4, I've got the DAS M4 (at least just waiting for customs for it) and was planning to stick on a 16in barrel (after I've checked it works well in stock form), and wouldn't mind having a mess around with it as soon as possible.

out of the three versions above, which one do you think is the best one overall?

thanks.

Please post a detailed review (or even just shit/not shit) when it arrives! I'm holding out for the mass produced version rather than the limited one.

cool, I've ordered the begadi one as it's cheap enough to have a punt. thanks for the advice.

right now they are totally new (hell, my one was sent off in the first week, and it's just arrived in the UK) and the people behind it are a bit cautious about saying compatibility, all they're saying is milspec back end, WA front end, propriety gearbox and body (TM AEG standard motor and grip though).

My understanding of WA route is that they're trying to out PTW systema, so as close as possible to real steel, I think they said that the WA hop was the only one that fit into the space available..

Please post a detailed review (or even just sh*t/not sh*t) when it arrives! I'm holding out for the mass produced version rather than the limited one.

planning to, I'm also hoping to bring it along to the Mall night game on the 22nd of december to pop it's cherry, so if anyone is planning to come along, no problem with them having a go.

What can i do to protect my flash light? Been very unlucky and had 2 shot out in thr past 2 weeks! Is there anything i can do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Q1

Looking at optics, anyone experienced the ones with a 'fibre optic' illumination?

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gbase-4x32-acog-ecos-with-rmr-sight-green-fiber-opticblack

Q2

Helmet covers,

I take it they fit all really, just slip on :), looking for covers for my Tan FMA PJ style skid lid, prices seem to vary at Hueys compared to others by a lot,