Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Moderators

Stupid question as its early to work....on mobile.....I will beat blocking of Internet!!

Took my flash hider off last night but just cannot get it back on so the lug is at the bottom again..... Any advice??

It's like what ever I do or rotation start, it never works!!! Haha

• Supporters

OMG - the gun is shagged now

plop a small o-ring on and you can squish it into place

some have a tiny grub screw to lock it into exact place for any autistic players out there

(I'm one of them btw)

actually I have wondered does a flash hider alter the effects of the bb exiting at all

eg:

bare barrel - no flash or suppressor just bare outer barrel

vs

a usual flash hider

very likely absolutely jack $hit difference but just wondered if it had any slight difference in aerodynamics or crap as bb hits the air outside the barrel - does it smoothly allow it to start its flight outside the barrel - or does it make f*ck all difference most likely

reason being I have a couple of guns with no flash hider on at all - yeah I think way way too much

• Moderators

Haha, better buy another one

May leave it off now as have Xcortech on, just annoying me it won't go back on correctly with grooves at bottom etc!! OCD and all that 🙂

Actually black electrical tape will hide it

• Supporters

Which is better for the gearbox/battery/motor etc, firing a 1000 rounds on auto or a 1000 on semi? Would it make any difference?

1000 on auto is less wear.

When you pull the trigger the battery gives a higher current for a second (that's the second C rating on the lipo, but other types has this too).

As the trigger contacts move close to each other, there is a tiny spark just before they make contact. This burns through them in time.

Getting a mechanical system to move from a stop always require more force than keeping it in motion.

If the system is too fast and on auto the next cycle starts before the piston fully returns then it strips the piston or the gear so that would be more damaging. It's a similar effect as a bad AOE.

• Supporters

I see what you are saying and tend to agree with some/most of it 101%

I use a mosfet in most and was really referring to a full 1k auto burst in mainly one go generating more heat/wear/friction

plus the sustained impact at head of box in one go like a resonance hammering away - this is my theory but think sustained impact may increase wear/risk

dsg's don't stand up well but they are operating at crazy speeds but all the same they are firing many bb's in one burst so hammering your ammo or going through 1k quickly (depends on how you play/use a hose machine but was talking in general that dumping bb's quickly like dsg's do don't last forever)

Yes semi does create wear also - didn't think of trigger contacts the stress of stationary semi fire compared to continuous auto is greater and places stress on wire/fet/trigger contacts I see now. plus the trolley stop gets annoyingly pecked away at by trolley returning on semi which can break on some poor boxes

(v2's titchy square lugs mainly as v3's have industrial trigger stop by design)

Think best way to ensure gun lasts with minimal wear is to just hang it on wall I guess

Fact of the matter is - these poxy guns will crap out the more you use them in the end

So no matter how you play/fire - just use them and enjoy them whilst they are running well

• Head Moderator

What PSK stands for?

For example this game is said to be PSK:

http://www.airborne-airsoft.co.uk/evrplus_registration/?action=evrplusegister&event_id=57

Think it means Pistol, Spring (shotgun), and Knife.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Colour bit...

So tomorrow night it's likely to be wet at Tuddenham, any sensible advice for AEG care after if wet, like leave to dry in airing cupboard, or just wipe down and leave out in room for few days etc

I have a wet suit for it and umbrella to fit for games next to torch, behind PEQ box , this is aftercare 😀😀😀😀

Are there any reputable brands of "Lipo bag" ? First time buying one, would rather buy something I know is going to work instead of a knock off that will just add fuel to the fire

• Supporters

Are there any reputable brands of "Lipo bag" ? First time buying one, would rather buy something I know is going to work instead of a knock off that will just add fuel to the fire

I'd just suggest getting one from an RC shop rather than eBay (unless it's the eBay store of a proper RC dealer if you see what I mean).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

My GBB TM Glock 17 is firing level, but 5 to 10 degrees to the left, which is too high to ignore, what is the standard process of elimination to determine the cause?

Check the barrel isn't twisted off centre.

• Supporters

yeah, strip down the hop unit and re-seat the barrel and rubber. It's VERY straightforward in a TM G17.

My GBB TM Glock 17 is firing level, but 5 to 10 degrees to the left, which is too high to ignore, what is the standard process of elimination to determine the cause?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've unearthed a very old (15-16 years old, at least.) Tokyo Marui M92F.

Before plying it with gas for the first time in ages, is there anything I should inspect first to check for deterioration ?

Save from rust on the grip screws it looks ok, can't see anything bad in the slide...

And will a gun of this age take green gas without modification?

• Supporters

I've unearthed a very old (15-16 years old, at least.) Tokyo Marui M92F.

Before plying it with gas for the first time in ages, is there anything I should inspect first to check for deterioration ?

Save from rust on the grip screws it looks ok, can't see anything bad in the slide...

And will a gun of this age take green gas without modification?

The seals will most likely have dried out in the mag so they'll need replacing. Give the barrel a good clean and check it works on a low power gas to start with. Green gas in a TM that old will potentially wreck it so start off easy and see if anything else needs fixing first!

• Supporters

Has anyone used/owned a Dynatex timed/delay BFG? Are they any good and is the S.W.A.T VFG better at all? Thanks.

Six of one half a dozen of the other, Dynatex stopped producing for a while and SWAT used the same design for the VTG. They're effectively the same product.

Has anyone used/owned a Dynatex timed/delay BFG? Are they any good and is the S.W.A.T VFG better at all? Thanks.

Ive had a Dynatec for years. Its pretty much flawless.

The delay is around 3secs. Ive heard the by leaving it compressed its possible to make it longer, but i like having a short timer on it.

They can be fiddly to reload. Definately not something that can be done quickly.

(Unscrew cap; pop out the old shell; use a tool to re-set the firing pin; hold the spoon in place while re-inserting the pin; "oh bugger, where did i put the pin"; new shell; screw cap back on).

There are some multi-shot impact ones that are (allegedly) more user friendly.

But, as with anything, its preference.

Ive had my Dynatec around 10yrs and will likely not go any other way.

Guest PT247

it all depends on your barrel length and bore. If you fit a carbine kit then the fps will increase, as would it if you fitted the DMR kit. If you want to set the fps reliably then you'd need an NPAS I believe.

When I had my G5 on the standard length it was always under 350fps even in summer. I converted it to HPA and played with different barrel lengths and bores along with the various nozzles and they can make a huge difference even with a fixed PSI from the bottle, I was actually able to drop my PSI requirement down to half what it was in my first set up by changing the nozzle for the hi-flow one so going the other way will make a difference but will massively depend on your set up.