Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Guest PT247

okay so after having a look i see you can now upgrade the vsr to gas? is this a good thing to do, apparently the mancraft are good? the kit looked to be £100 and i guess you have to get a barrel as well for a upgrade and some other sh*t, is this a good idea? and which company is best to look at?

tl;dr is the gas conversion worth it, what other upgrades would i get, and which company makes the best upgrade?

thanks

The mancraft kit to run on HPA will need a little more than £100 spent.... Search for dome threads on here, there have been plenty recently about it.

Where would you guys say is the best place to get a good scope for a vsr currently having issues tracking the bbs flight path...

ebay/amazon, any air rifle shop, most airsoft shops.

while we are at it anywhere people can get a replacement stock for a vsr10? don't care about who makes, but would like relatively cheap and not wood

thanks

I have one, but it's a bit scratched up so you're going to want to repaint it. PM me if you'd like some pictures.

ah ideally really don't want to paint up a stock otherwise i would paint the one i have

yeah what i figured, my mate painted one and whilst it looks good, it was never up to factory standard, ie it could slightly rub off a bit, and wasn't completely stuck (still well done). we used all the right stuff as well, i think its called krylone? used the proper base, then loads of layers but still not perfect, people still recommend krylone?

• Root Admin

After you play a bit it's not going to look 'factory' anyway - this isn't CS:GO lol. Use Halfords matte paints if you want a more permanent solution as Krylon wears off a bit after about a year as it's a semi-permanent paint. Its intended use is for hunters in the US who might not always want their gun to be painted the same way for ever.

Just be sure to properly prep with a fine grit, isopropyl alcohol to remove all the oil and dust; use a primer if possible. I've found matte lacquers over the top always have some degree of gloss to them, so frankly I'd recommend avoiding them. There are some expensive ones that you can buy which might get you different results though.

yeah fair enough, the paint job looked pretty cool as well (not buying the gun til the summer)

right, upgrades for the VSR. ASPUK say that the upgrades they do maybe cheaper but still the same quality compared to PDI and laylax, is this true? they charge £300 to completely fit it all as well (my mate had a few problems when he fitted his)

i think they use EZ trigger's or something, but i don't know how good they are compared to PDI and lay lax.

• Root Admin

ASPUK - bless their little hearts - just resell AirsoftPro parts for the most part. Go to AirsoftPro.cz and get them from there if you can. Fitting out a BASR is basically the easiest teching in airsoft so I'd certainly give it a crack for yourself if you're patient and know how to watch a YouTube video. I wouldn't say their barrels are better than PDI or EdGI but then I've never owned one so that opinion counts for about jack all.

The AirsoftPro V2 trigger is pretty good. I've owned both the V1 and V2 and they're pretty great. This is a region for doing your own research in though because knowing how the VSR functions and what you can do to correct errors with it really should be the minimum if you're semi-serious about sniping. The VSR is the most well documented airsoft sniper rifle you can buy and there's a limitless amount of information available on it both here and on http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/

Look into the Mancraft SDiK as well. A lot of people are moving away from spring to CO2 and HPA this year (judging from these forums and others).

i was looking at the mancraft sdik, but i'm not sure if i would then have to get other upgrades. what kind of upgrades would you still recommend? the trigger, a barrel, bucking rubber and other things? and the mancraft shoots well then?

• Root Admin

Use the search on here and Google - sorry, but it's been asked and answered loads. The TM VSR is basically the most well documented airsoft gun ever made. Feel free to ask any questions not already covered, but those two have been extensively.

• Moderators

​anyone had issues with Warriors own glove brand?, I need a new pair of gloves

​Do they match Mechanix sizes, as in L in one is same as L in another or do they differ?

​thanks in advance

Would type in red, but doesn't give me a selection to do so on mobile:

Any known green gasse's that offer a lower FPS than say Abbey green(144a)? Gun chroned at ~330 FPS but main site I'm testing it at will have a 294 limit?

Got a couple outdoor games booked where that FPS is fine, but I know I could get 3 games a weekend in if needs be if I have a way to drop to that FPS easily. Don't want to fit a limited as I'm trying to review/skirmish how it would be out the box for work.

Would type in red, but doesn't give me a selection to do so on mobile:

Any known green gasse's that offer a lower FPS than say Abbey green(144a)? Gun chroned at ~330 FPS but main site I'm testing it at will have a 294 limit?

Got a couple outdoor games booked where that FPS is fine, but I know I could get 3 games a weekend in if needs be if I have a way to drop to that FPS easily. Don't want to fit a limiter as I'm trying to review/skirmish how it would be out the box for work, and have 8 guns to try out :D.

as i have forgotten, can you run TM EBB guns with Li-Pos? I was thinking the 7.4 or whatever from that website, can't remember the name but i remember them being really good from my experience.

also, anyone had any experience with the fire support upgrade service? do the guns still have that "magic" after the people have been messing about with the gears (basically do they still shoot nicely?)

thanks

OK, ignore last question, i have a few more though, if you can answer any of them please do, all help is appreciated

1) I want to go a bit more expensive than a CM16, was looking at an ICS transform4 (i like the keymod etc)

What are people's opinions on these? have read around a bit and they seem pretty good quality and nice guns, so I was thinking this would be a decent workhorse kind of gun

2) Upgrades, If I were to get this gun, how could I upgrade it to shoot accurately. What i was thinking was

1- LiPo for faster rof and snappier trigger, plus LiPo's are all I have used and seemed really good

2- PDI tightbore barrel, I know that 6.01 is a bit extreme, was thinking 6.05? is this sensible or not at all. Not really sure what it comes with, but i hear PDI is still the best barrels (albeit expensive)

3- laylax purple bucking - i hear this is the best bucking, and its a tenner so if it increases the accuracy even a small bit it would be good.

I want a gun that can shoot TM kind of range at around 340-350 FPS but not more, and will be very accurate. fine if it shoots a bit less than TM, i had a G&G cm16 before and was fine with that

TL;DR

is the transform4 a good gun, and is upgrade 2 + 3 good. whilst we are at it what other upgrades should i do (barring gearbox, not too worried until that gives up, as long as the ics components are decent which i hear they are)

cheers, and sorry for the spam, i try and keep it down lol

• Moderators

i have the CXP-UK1, standard as is, run on 7.4 Lipo and love it! (same with me, first AEG, first battery type)

cant say any more than that to be honest, no need to upgrade it as perfectly fine, shoots around 320/330 depending where its chrono'd :). One day I will try heavier bb's but still got several thousand to get through....

If you do get one, and carry out any upgrades, keep me posted :)

one day I will tweak, but so far it only has a torch and foregrip...all I need :)

i have the CXP-UK1, standard as is, run on 7.4 Lipo and love it! (same with me, first AEG, first battery type)

cant say any more than that to be honest, no need to upgrade it as perfectly fine, shoots around 320/330 depending where its chrono'd :). One day I will try heavier bb's but still got several thousand to get through....

If you do get one, and carry out any upgrades, keep me posted :)

one day I will tweak, but so far it only has a torch and foregrip...all I need :)

yeah i will upgrade if i do get it, keep in mind i always change my mind but i like the price and the supposed quality. i'm guessing the body is polymer? is it solid?

• Supporters

OK, ignore last question, i have a few more though, if you can answer any of them please do, all help is appreciated

1) I want to go a bit more expensive than a CM16, was looking at an ICS transform4 (i like the keymod etc)

What are people's opinions on these? have read around a bit and they seem pretty good quality and nice guns, so I was thinking this would be a decent workhorse kind of gun

2) Upgrades, If I were to get this gun, how could I upgrade it to shoot accurately. What i was thinking was

1- LiPo for faster rof and snappier trigger, plus LiPo's are all I have used and seemed really good

2- PDI tightbore barrel, I know that 6.01 is a bit extreme, was thinking 6.05? is this sensible or not at all. Not really sure what it comes with, but i hear PDI is still the best barrels (albeit expensive)

3- laylax purple bucking - i hear this is the best bucking, and its a tenner so if it increases the accuracy even a small bit it would be good.

I want a gun that can shoot TM kind of range at around 340-350 FPS but not more, and will be very accurate. fine if it shoots a bit less than TM, i had a G&G cm16 before and was fine with that

TL;DR

is the transform4 a good gun, and is upgrade 2 + 3 good. whilst we are at it what other upgrades should i do (barring gearbox, not too worried until that gives up, as long as the ics components are decent which i hear they are)

Doesn't need any upgrades just change battery connections to deans.

No point upgrading a gun unless you're replacing something that broke.

• Moderators

mine is the 'metal' body, got it from firesupport, Trig used his ICS Jedi trick on me.....but i did like the look of it when i held it in my arms compared to others in my budget, it was different :)

ok, so only mod I have is that it has deans connectors, other than that, its not been touched :)

• Head Moderator

Quick Questions and Simple Answers ??? <_< Maybe start a new thread about this.