Airsoftzone.co.uk

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 1 month later...

These guys are just amazing. I was planning on getting my first rifle but didn't have my UKARA. Contacted them on their website and they contacted the site I play at and sorted it out for me, and advised the best way to order from them and get discount off too. Ordered the gun I wanted and headed off to pick it up. Got to the warehouse and after being given two different guns, was told the gun I had ordered online was actually out of stock. They were very apologetic and although I was disappointed, I'm an adult and know mistakes happen. Spoke to their customer services team and they said they will sort me out when the gun is back in stock. Roll on 3 weeks later and the gun is back in. I contacted them again and they offered free delivery or the monetary value on my account. So I want and picked it up.

Whilst I was there, I thought I'd pop in to the showroom as its 15 mins drive away. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable and helped me spend even more money on a pistol and some other necessities:) will definitely be going there again and couldn't recommend these guys and girls enough.

A mixed experience....

I purchased my first rifle off these guys not long ago. I was a bit shocked when I discovered there were well over 50 paint jobs ahead of me but it was what it was, businesses get busy. Still it would have been nice to have had a counter or something on the checkout page to show you how many jobs were ahead of you, not just a generic time frame that in the end wasn't stuck to anyway. I guess they do this because I would have gone elsewhere, no question but at least I would have been a lot happier in the future realizing they were extremely customer service focused. They would have been my first port of call again without question. I went with these guys because they did a two tone snake skin pattern that looks better than the gun looking like a highlighter in orange or green which is what most the competition provide. On the site, it said 7-10 business days for the two tone job.

Timing was a bit tight, I had under 30 days before I moved cities but thought this would be plenty of time still. I was a bit shocked when paypal charged me twice for the payment a few days later. I didn't know if it was an accident on ASW's end so I rang them. Instantly the guy got defensive and told me that I'd pressed the back button on my browser hence the reason it charged twice which is absolute baloney. I started checking my room for surveillance cameras since this bloke was so adamant he had diagnosed the problem within 30 seconds. I told him that this had not happened and he assured me they had not charged me twice so I thought it was a problem with paypal. A simple, we haven't charged you twice, check with paypal etc would have sufficed instead of imo pinning the blame on me. I'd like to say at this point to that I did talk to several different people, well at least 2, possibly 3 and the results were on totally different ends of the spectrum. When I hung up with this guy my first instinct was to cancel the order and go elsewhere but I rang paypal. Sure enough, it was a paypal stuff up which had nothing to do with ASW but the way it was dealt with was not great.

The days started melting away and the que very slowly progressed. I got up to the early 30's and then the que stagnated again for a few days. Then the que got up to the teens and stopped for a bit, I knew they'd probably smash it out over the forthcoming weekend so I wasn't that worried even though time was beginning to creep up on me. Would you believe it, early the next week, the cue had moved and I was number one, number one... which meant that I knew it would be at least a couple days before it was done. I sat at number one for a few days and rang them and after telling them time was becoming an issue, the bloke told a relieved me that it would be sent the next day. If I hadn't of rung, I don't know if that would have been the case, I don't have the sophisticated, imaginary speculation surveillance equipment the first bloke apparently possesses. But anyway enough of me being a smart ass. This bloke was much more personable and was brilliant. He apologized that one of the items was not in stock (not sure how, they had the order a long time) but that was fine, they refunded me, I wasn't particularly worried, I was just relieved my new rifle was coming.

The delivery when they dispatched it was fast, it came by courier and I ripped it open! Imagine my surprise though when I opened the packaging and instead of the snake skin color, it was painted a bright red. Apparently it was a zombie theme for Halloween, it looks like someone sneezed red paint all over it and is not the best paint job. I initially was not happy with it but decided to sit on it over night instead of ringing up again annoyed. One of the items was missing as well although they did give me a duplicate item of something else. I wonder if they painted it the day I rang up? I guess we will never know, below I ponder this point further.

I rang the next day and by this stage I was a bit over the whole experience to be honest. I spoke to a guy, again he was absolutely brilliant, it was not the first guy I spoke to, it may have been the second one (i think it was) or someone else but either way it was good customer service. I mentioned the rifle being sprayed a different color and told him that I wasn't worried about it, by this stage I'd accepted it and I will spray it myself when I get my ukara. But I told him because someone probably ordered the rifle with that paint job and will get mine. He seemed happy that I informed him of this point.

The issue for me is the wrong rifle paint job was sent, I accepted the paint job after I got it but it wasn't what I initially wanted. If they decided to do that paint job instead of the one I ordered, they should have asked me when I called or shown some initiative and rung me. I don't think that is too much to ask, especially when they charged me extra for painting it. The paint job looks to have been done extremely rushed, it is not great quality. The fact that the que would jump a fair few places than stagnate also adds credence to this point. To the blokes credit, he got the missing part out to me the next day which was super fast. He didn't worry about the duplicate item despite me being honest and telling him. I was more than happy to send it back if they paid for postage but it was a very inexpensive item so it probably wasn't worth them doing that.

Would I use them again? Everyone makes mistakes but I judge people especially companies on their ability to fix it. The guy did get the part to me fast and was friendly so that is a pass, I didn't want the hassle of sending the gat back for a replacement so I didn't pursue the paint issue further.

I would give them another opportunity but I've also had great experiences with other companies so if something happened again similarly that would probably be it with me and ASW. I just moved pretty close to their shop so I will go check it out, I think it would be better for me to go in there than order anything online from my experience so far.

The number one thing that was not good was how long it took, it was very close to 3 weeks (infact maybe 3 weeks exactly) from the time ordered until I got it which for me with the lack of communication was not good enough. There was no explanation or phone call, If you are going to go over by that amount of time you should do something especially when the wrong paint job was given.

Not a 100% happy experience but hopefully the next one will be better. As you can see there were good and bad facets to this transaction.

• 6 months later...

Bought a couple of 1911 MEU mags for my Strike Warrior yesterday. Very knowledgeable staff who bent over backwards to help. Great to have these guys relatively close to my front door. 

Will go back!

• 1 month later...

Bought from airsoft zone twice over the last month, once in the shop, and once online. Spoke to a guy called Marek who couldn’t do enough for me.

My first visit, bought a glock 19gbb, other accessories and some gloves, which after making a 2 hour journey from the store to my house, weren’t what I was really expecting when using them with my guns properly. I emailed about a return and refund/exchange and he said items bought in store were not returnable but was happy to let me do it anyway. It took a week or so to get a reply as they were short staffed, but as a result of the delay, provided free returns labels, and even processed a refund the day I sent the gloves back, meaning I could then order more items whilst the gloves were on the way back.

I don’t think I’ve experienced such a trusting company to do that. And the new items I bought, even on 3-5 day delivery arrived 2 days later.

Couldnt fault the service even if I tried, and well worth the 4 hour round trip should I need to buy more from them 

• Supporters

They are on an excellent shop, not the same since Martin and Nathan left and i wish them the best but the rest of the staff are really good and helpful.

• 2 months later...

Popped into the shop today, they could not have been more helpful.

Came away with a 3K mag for my AA-12, 8000’s bio bb’s, some Guarder gas and a couple of nice freebies.

Top, top guys :):)

• 4 weeks later...

My local(sort of) store.

Purchased from them online, in store and had tech work done there and never once had an issue.

In store all the staff are really helpful and just genuine nice guys who clearly are passionate about the hobby.

Even went so far as to when they couldnt supply something for me they recommended other local businesses they knew did supply them.

10/10

• 1 month later...
Guest scalawag

I ordered a WE P226 mag from these guys on 28/12 which turned up today 30/12.  Great service there, no complaints.  

They sent a TM P226 E2 mag which I assume was sent as an "equivalent" item as the mag I ordered was actually out of stock(even though it showed as in stock on their web site when I ordered). Its not what I was wanting as the base plates are different on the E2 mags and it actually functions poorly in my WE P226.  So I have requested a return on the item and I am currently awaiting a reply which will be in the New Year now.  I will report back on how the return request goes.

Update

Well as of yesterday 4/1/18 Airsoft Zone have not replied to my email.  They have now had 3 full working days since the new year break to get back to me.  Not very impressed so far with their customer service, and will definitely not be shopping with them again unless they have something I can't get elsewhere.  At this point I cannot recommend them at all.

Final Update

It is now 09/01/18 and ten days have passed since I contacted Airsoft Zone.  I have still received no reply to my email to them and so now will begin chasing some form of resolution to the mater.  I consider this very poor customer service and will not purchase from Airsoft Zone in future, and of course I cannot recommend them as a reliable retailer.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a bit of a bad experience in the post above, but I noted the dates and perhaps they were shut until the 4th January? I know my business was. Did it get sorted in the end?

I ordered some parts in the new year, a madbull hopunit and barrel and all arrived very promptly a day later so I was very happy with the service I received.

29 minutes ago, AndyDynamic said:

Sounds like a bit of a bad experience in the post above, but I noted the dates and perhaps they were shut until the 4th January? I know my business was. Did it get sorted in the end?

I ordered some parts in the new year, a madbull hopunit and barrel and all arrived very promptly a day later so I was very happy with the service I received.

Have to concur here, the period in which you bought is the busiest retail time of the year and when most retail workers are actually off work.

Of course people aren't going to contact you over the holidays.

Guest scalawag
18 hours ago, AndyDynamic said:

18 hours ago, Duff said:

Have to concur here, the period in which you bought is the busiest retail time of the year and when most retail workers are actually off work.

Of course people aren't going to contact you over the holidays.

I had hoped that Airsoft Zone would have dealt with this by now, and I could then write a more positive review of them, but sadly this has not been the case.  

I did not really wish to make any further response here about this retailer unless they resolved the situation, as I felt I had said enough about the situation already to give an impression of my experience concerning this transaction and the poor customer service which I think I recieved, but since you have brought it up I will update you.

The latest update is that there has still been no reply from this retailer, to either my original email or a subsequent one which was sent mid January.  

I was aware of the holiday period at the time of my original email to Airsoft Zone, and had checked their web site for their Christmas and New Year opening times (I believe their web site said they reopened on 2nd Jan) , and so, as I said in my original post, I knew not to expect any reply until after the New Year. 

My first update to my original post was on the 4th Jan, and was from memory a couple of days after their web site indicated they would be open for business again, which may have been in retrospect a little soon for a business to reply after coming back from the New Year break.  

However my second update on the 9th Jan would have been almost a week after their break had ended, and I think it would have certainly been reasonable to expect at least a reply to my email within that time frame.  In line with what I said in that update I also chased the matter with the retailer via a second email sent shortly after the 9th Jan.

As previously mentioned I have yet to receive a reply to either email in excess of 1 month after they started back after the New Year break. 

I have now decided that as it appears that I am unlikely to get a response to either of my emails let alone any sort of resolution from the retailer, that I shall put this one down to experience.  To be completely honest I had forgotten about this until I read your posts.  

I could of course phone them, but I am now really past being bothered with that as for me this is really not that big a deal and I don't see the point in chasing it further at this point.  It is what it is.  

If an on line retailer is contacted by a customer via email, and then doesn't have the common sense to reply, then I don't really want to have to deal with them further, and I won't be dealing with this one again in the future unless there is no alternative.  

The onus is on the retailer to provide after sales service, and not on me to chase after it.  If they provide poor customer service or as in this case apparently none at all then I will simply not shop with them again.

I will add that previously to this purchase I have bought from Airsoft zone with no problems, and their delivery has always been fast as it was on this occasion, even though it was over the busiest retail time of the year.  I am sure too that if you take things back to the shop if you have difficulties they are very accommodating in sorting out the problem as others have said this is the case. But I suspect that they may be one of those on line retail outlets who are very good as long as you don't have a problem with something you buy from them on line.  But if you do have a problem with a purchase they seem, from my experience at least, to be unwilling to even communicate with you.

I am afraid that due to the lack of communication from Airsoft Zone I remain unable to recommend them as an on line retailer.  

If anyone has need of a TM P226 E2  gas mag then I have one that is brand new that you can have for the cost of the postage.

• 2 years later...
On 14/08/2014 at 12:59, Baz JJ said:

Ive heard nothing but good things about AZ.

Irrespective of what people think about the great UKARA debate, they dont take sides and accept BAC as well as UKARA and you can get to them easily and park outside.

I always worry about traffic wardens outside PAS

Baz, how do you become a member of BAC ?

• Supporters

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

But is it necroposting if you tell someone they're also necroposting when they post to tell someone else they're necroposting? 😵😵

OMG ! Does this mean we’re now stuck in a matrix style loop of necroposting !?!?!?!?!?😱😱

• 1 month later...

This doesn't count as necro posting as this is one of so very few amazing shops in the london area.

Went in for spare glasses (pre tier 4) and tried on a rig. Brought the glasses as I couldnt find my primary pair; thats a different story that I wont share. Left the rig as close to christmas.

The sale was over quickly but gather two airsofters together and the chat flows easily, so we discussed pistols for a good while.

Get home and the SO asks if I want any airsoft stuff for xmas....win. here is a few links....the postal service from AirsoftZone has also been great over December.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.