already have guns, can i use them?

Icky_Vicky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, i couldn't find it. I used to play airsoft a few years ago, but stopped playing when our local site closed. I've found a new place to play now, but understand you now have to be registered.

Is this registration for buying guns, or using them? will i be able to play using my existing guns or will i have to hire until i can get registered (the thought of smothering my chrome desert eagle with bright orange paint actually brings tears to my eyes)

Thanks.

as far as i am aware, you can use youre gun... but different sites have different rules.

im kinda in the same boat and i cant really see there being a problem with it unless your new site owner has a stick up his bottom! as far as i know the ukara registration system is not actually a law but a set of guidelines put in place to stop under 18's and non airsoft players getting hold of realistic looking firearms.

if you are a legitimate airsofter then you should be able to use whatever you like, as long as the gun has the correct power restrictions for that site... but that also varies slightly, plus the site should chrono your gun anyway?

its a bit rubbish if you ask me as anyone can pick up a 2 tone and modify it or paint it.

if im wrong about any of this then id like to know, as i said, this is the only info ive found myself

cheers, parker :)

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, i couldn't find it. I used to play airsoft a few years ago, but stopped playing when our local site closed. I've found a new place to play now, but understand you now have to be registered.

Is this registration for buying guns, or using them? will i be able to play using my existing guns or will i have to hire until i can get registered (the thought of smothering my chrome desert eagle with bright orange paint actually brings tears to my eyes)

Thanks.

Ok ther answer to your question is yes you can use it. i original had a m16 (bit shabby) pre ukara and could use it then i brought another m16 but have broken the body Im registerd so not really relevant to me but you only need a licence to purchase not use it. there are 16 year olds using rifs on our site as they are using pre ukara (2007) or the rif has been gifted to them by there dad etc. This law is a bit of a grey area it is not watertight and there are ways around it. i personaly do not agree with it because you can purchase a air rifle wich can kill withought a licence and u could get a shot gun licence faster than a ukara licence if ure crim record free and can prove that ure using it for work or recreation

It is well worth registering tho as it makes life easier and lawfull to purchase new rifs and equiptment and if your a site member it can get you deals and money of from site shops (some sites).

Dont cry your chrome can stay and play

• 4 weeks later...
Ok ther answer to your question is yes you can use it. i original had a m16 (bit shabby) pre ukara and could use it then i brought another m16 but have broken the body Im registerd so not really relevant to me but you only need a licence to purchase not use it. there are 16 year olds using rifs on our site as they are using pre ukara (2007) or the rif has been gifted to them by there dad etc. This law is a bit of a grey area it is not watertight and there are ways around it. i personaly do not agree with it because you can purchase a air rifle wich can kill withought a licence and u could get a shot gun licence faster than a ukara licence if ure crim record free and can prove that ure using it for work or recreation

It is well worth registering tho as it makes life easier and lawfull to purchase new rifs and equiptment and if your a site member it can get you deals and money of from site shops (some sites).

Dont cry your chrome can stay and play

Total agreed really stupid system <_<

Total agreed really stupid system <_<

bit off topic , but they are very / almost identical especially the glock 19s mp5s and g36s (i only know they are almost the same on these, as i have used them) but i showed the armourer my glock 19 and mp5, he couldnt tell the glocks apart and could only tell the mp5 by the pins difference, i also showed these to firearm officer who all said they would take a shot if they saw these weapons. no UKARA would allow random people to buy these, intimidate and scare the public, although it is a minority, its not too hard to be 18 and play 3 games in more than 2 months is it? and it prevents this, not really stupid is it? and the gifting is so it allows younger players to play, why not allow kids the chance to have some fun ?

Archived