Saying hey from Texas

Nex
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought I would stop by and see what was going on across the pond. Maybe help spread some Texas stereotypes.

Anything interesting happening with airsoft in the UK?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Not really - don't know when you last looked into it.

The government requires skirmishers to have a valid defence for buying RIF's. The post popular scheme for getting a defence is the UKARA.

You can still purchase without, but it will be a 2-tone gun (sprayed 50% in a bright colour).

If you are under 18 you can't do any of the above.

Yeah I read around a little and have a basic understanding of the UKARA and the laws it fights against.

Its also illegal to purchase an RIF under 18 over here. Normally to just get one, people get others over 18 to purchase the weapon for them.

Is there some kind of penalty if say someone with a UKARA defense purchases a non-two tone RIF and then sells it to someone without a defense?

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's against the law yes, but it's very hard to know if it is happening etc. I've no idea if anyone has actually been caught and prosecuted and what sort of fine they received.

Its up to the Shop which the person attemped to buy one from i guess even so as long as he didnt walk out the shop with a RiF he can only be told about the law

however i the shop sells him the RiF its more there fault then the buyer because the buyer might not know about the law but the shop must if there selling RiFs so it would be the shop getting in trouble more then the buyer

Well I meant more of, what if someone bought a used one from here? does anyone selling here on the forums have to check for a defense?

• AF-UK Founding Member

We have rules that the seller must check the buyers defence, obviously if I was to find out that this had not taken place then I would take the necessary measures to stop the sale and report it. You can see the rules we use if you go into a sale section and look at the 'Read First' thread.

Archived