Opinions on younger kids playing?

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm 15 and love airsoft

I haven't skirmished in ages and as a result I sprint round the house clearing and "killing" my brothers (don't worry no mag or battery)

But I try to save as much money as I can but always find my self buying new stuff

As for when I actually play I generally find peoples attitudes are to underestimate younger players for example last time I played we were defending two towers and the enemy had to plant two satchel charges into them.anyhow me and my dad were bunkered down in the ditch code named "nam" I was wedged between two bushes hidden away and after my dad got hit and the two enemy players (the most experienced "milsim kinda" players) came through I waited until they passed then got them both first time and they cursed me for the rest of the day.

Same as adults in my opinion: they can be great or they be dicks. Just depends on the person really.

Most of the younger players have been great: keen to get stuck in, willing to listen to advice and able to keep up with the pace. It's refreshing to have people on my team sometimes that can keep up with me (I'm quite quick) since let's face it: most of the adults who airsoft (not all) tend to be unfit/less inclined to run.

That said I can see how kids with the "CODsofter" mindset would annoy most people (including myself) but thankfully I've only had to deal wih one incident like that - even then the kid was willing to listen to advice.

Who gives a sh*t that this isn't paintball. I think everyone will agree that when we go skirmishing. We go to have FUN. Sorry if someone ruins your time because they can't get the quality of gear you carry. If you don't like other people wearing kit which is budgeted or not 'milsim' quality then that's your problem, not their's.

No need to get butt-hurt over a joke. Personally i don't own "milsim quality" only TMC, Emerson, Toy Soldier and FMA replicas to put together an impression kit, no need to make a big deal out of a joke.

My son and one of his friends have been Skirmishing since they were 12. He is 14 now.

It was through him that i got in to it. Instead of dripping him off and going back for him at the end of the day I joined in.

Nothing wrong with young players. When we play together I give covering fire and he does all the running :)

100_0235_zpsc90fbfc0.jpg

The knee pads were £12 from ebay.

Boots are British Army 'Pro Boots' with goretex lining, Multicam trousers and UBACS , grade 1 surplus items from Ebay, Plate Carrier from China, Helmet Gloves and other bits from various Wbay. Gun is Classic Army , an Ex rental that I refurbished and added the Magpul bits to, there is a thread for the refurb somewhere.

One day I'm actually going to lend a decent kid play my TM recoil to replace his two tone JBBG for a game just to see how much damage he can actually do to a high end accurate gun.

#ShitJustGotReal

Fixed.

j/k! :)

Good post, I'd like to say that I run around as a ferret as well, despite being in my mid twenties. Once I was on a team full with rental and a few experienced players, playing against a team that was.. well.. a team! a proper airsoft team. game was about progressing as far as possible once the time had reached 30 minutes (or something like that) just encouraged everyone to run into the fire, shot, take their hit, run to spawn and run back. we mopped the floor with them.

One problem I have noticed thou is a lot of them are afraid of getting hit. sometimes you see a stack of 10 at a doorway non wanting to rush thru it.. I always try to convince them before going thru myself. not really a problem for me, but I feel they are missing out on a lot of fun that way!! WE are talking very intense CQB now btw.

• Supporters

Good post, I'd like to say that I run around as a ferret as well, despite being in my mid twenties. Once I was on a team full with rental and a few experienced players, playing against a team that was.. well.. a team! a proper airsoft team. game was about progressing as far as possible once the time had reached 30 minutes (or something like that) just encouraged everyone to run into the fire, shot, take their hit, run to spawn and run back. we mopped the floor with them.

I still come away from days suprised by how much of a difference pushing hard on the other team makes. Regardless of gear and experience. It's definitely something younger players are good at, I see them whizzing in and out of cover and I just wish I could move that fast.

I'm all for a fast paced aggressive team style myself. Even with poor players you can still win playing this way especially when you respawn immediately rather than gossiping or tinkering with the 8 guns you brought with you lol. Constantly re spawning means even when your players die, within no time at all you are up to full numbers on the front line so you can just keep pushing

I'm 14 and I do have a lot of respect for the game and I am serious about, all the youngers I play with don't mess around, I have been shot point blank a few times but I have had many rugby injuries and know the pain. Other people may not however, and that would be why they cry perhaps

My son comes with me, he's 4'4" and just old enough to take part. He's always in the front line of any fight. If I loose him, I just listen for the worst of the fighting & he's usually there.

The other older guys always help him & do offer advice which I always takes on board.

when people ask me "Should we go easy on him?" I always reply "No, if you get a chance to, hammer him" he wouldnt hesitate to shoot so treat him the same.

Last time we were down, he got shot in the head for three feet away & he was well chuffed that he has a scar to show his mates at school.

As long as kids have the right direction & play well I could not care less how old they are, kids are tougher than we give them credit for.

My son is 11 and we went to skirmish Billericay to see what airsoft was all about and how we could get into it. He is very grown up for his age and has a number of hobbies that he takes very seriously like fishing. The site said he can play from 12 so only has to wait until December, but already he has asked for the basic kit for his birthday. I hope that he does get treated with a bit of respect and I would be the first to make sure all the rules are followed. The site took us out round and showed us the layout and then let my son have ago. But first shot him so he could see what its like. He was fine and the first to run off and get shot at. I hope he does well in airsoft as its nice to have a bit of father son time, and gets the kids off the streets. Got to be better than sitting in front of the tv on the xbox all day.

My son is 11 and we went to skirmish Billericay to see what airsoft was all about and how we could get into it. He is very grown up for his age and has a number of hobbies that he takes very seriously like fishing. The site said he can play from 12 so only has to wait until December, but already he has asked for the basic kit for his birthday. I hope that he does get treated with a bit of respect and I would be the first to make sure all the rules are followed. The site took us out round and showed us the layout and then let my son have ago. But first shot him so he could see what its like. He was fine and the first to run off and get shot at. I hope he does well in airsoft as its nice to have a bit of father son time, and gets the kids off the streets. Got to be better than sitting in front of the tv on the xbox all day.

Hi mate

Exactley the same reason I got into airsoft. now we have a lads days out once a month. He looks forward to it now every month, on his first go the lads all dubbed him the Ewok and he now has his own velcro patches all saying Ewok on them.

Your boy sounds simular to my lad, if he uses his head & shows willing, he wont have any issues mate.

As I say my son loves it & because it's our thing, we love doing it together, as a matter of fact, now he's my wingman & I couldnt imagine doing arisoft without him.

My other half has actually banned us talking about it at the dinner table because she feels left out & says things like "No gun talk.....eat your food" lol

Yep thats us at the moment. I have just got all my gear and will be going on the 10th but he will have his first game on his birthday as part of his present. The wife is already fed up with it lol but we will have fun.

As a site manager we see alot of kids and usually get alot of complanits eg: non taking hits etc.

Most are usually ok but you always get a few who think it is Call of Duty and they are invincible.

Just the other day we had 2 kids both were dead (shot by me and my mate) with no one else around to medic them and no respawn. After 2 mins when i turned around got shot in the back by the 2 kids, so i asked what they were doing and they mediced each other but they were dead lol.

Most just dont listen to briefs or game briefs.

56 and still running around like a ferret!!

Kids are the future of the game and we should nuture them, treat them as equals (dare I say as 'grown ups'?). I would just like to see more interaction between the little buggers and the older players in the Safe Zones. Pass your knowledge on, we all had to start somewhere. If I see a young player struggling loading bbs into a hi-cap magazine, usually one at a time, then I do go over and show them the quicker way with the plastic bottle. Have even offered my spare M4 to a bin lid when his own has packed in. Bring them on, the more the merrier!

I'm 14 and I do have a lot of respect for the game and I am serious about, all the youngers I play with don't mess around, I have been shot point blank a few times but I have had many rugby injuries and know the pain. Other people may not however, and that would be why they cry perhaps

What team? Hopefully I'll play you when the season starts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.