hey all :)

parkerfresh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys

i just stumbled on this site during my search for a jg bar-10... not having much luck though as nowhere seems to sell them in the UK :(

anyway, im 29 and new to airsoft... of course, i used to mess around with bb guns as a kid, but have recently decided to hang up the paintball marker and go for something else (airsoft as it goes lol)

i loved paintball, but the people i play with (brothers and friends) seem to be getting out of it due to cost and its always rubbish playing in winter (freezing gas etc)... and i think most of my enjoyment came from shooting people i know, bragging etc :D playing with complete strangers is fun, but not the same... hard to explain. so anyway, a few friends have recommended airsoft to me and it seems to be a lot easier/cheaper to get into (im sure some of you hardcore airsofters will disagree... leave it out, im new lol)

so just to recap, just thought id say hey, and thanks in advance for any help and advice people can give me

cheers, parker :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Have a google for 'airsoft map' and you'll find places near you.

We normally recommend playing 3 games in no less than 2 months before going on to purchase, this means you can become UKARA registered first, therefore not having to buy a 2 tone.

thankyou for the advice devastator :)

i read up on the ukara registration and it seems like a real good thing to have these rules in place... however, 2 months seems like such a long time to wait lol

my initial plan was to buy the rifle and leave it at my local club until i get ukara registered but i think this may be against the law?

what i am now considering is asking my club to buy the rifle, and make sure that only i can use it, then buy it from them when im registered?... hopefuly this is a legal way for me to get it as i dont really want to break any rules before ive even started :(

by the way, im on the isle of wight and the only club near to me is 'island recon'... hopefully they are a good bunch :D

• AF-UK Founding Member

I don't really think you can do that, I mean for a start they are unlikely to want to be out of the money for 2 months and theres nothing to say you will actually buy it at the end of it. If you were to leave a deposit that's a bit iffy imo.

Just do it how you're supposed to :)

well i know a few people that play there so hopefuly they can vouch for me

i was thinking about the whole 'out of pocket' thing, but my friend seems to think that they are pretty cool and that they would be glad of the new members and money coming in.

il ask them, all they can say is no, i dont mind leaving them a deposit or actually giving/lending them the money to get it, but as you said, that could be a bit iffy and i dont want to make a bad impression. i may just get a 2 tone for the time being... is it just a case of being over 18 to get a 2 tone? im a semi responsible 29 year old by the way lol

thanks again matey :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think you are better off renting rather than getting a 2 tone, you might not even like it yet then you will be stuck with a couple of hundred pounds worth of kit.

i played paintball a lot so im sure that airsoft will be very similar... just hoping its cheaper and has less problems than paintball

but i think you are right, renting may be the way to go until i get ukara registered, then bobs your uncle... cheers buddy :)

Archived