jg bar-10 help

parkerfresh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys, im new to airsoft and have been mulling over which rifle to purchase for a good week now, i have read many reviews and decided to go for the bar-10 over the vsr 10 due to price, and i figured the money i would save could be put towards upgrades.

anyway, i thought choosing would be the hard part... as it turns out, i cannot find this rifle for sale anywhere in the UK! i originaly wanted the 'g-spec' but now ive broadened my search to the 'pro' and still cant find them!

i know there are a lot of vsr-10 clones, so could anybody recommend me another vsr-10-alike or tell me where i could get my 1st choice 'jg bar-10 g-spec'

i did find one shop in my hours of searching... but it was a bit over priced, shipping was outrageous and you have to be ukara registered... which i unfortunately am not :(

any help would be greatly appreciated as i really dont want to have to import this myself and i would prefer to avoid the second hand route as a lot of people seem to butcher their rifles

thanks guys, parker :D

i have found a bar-10, but it is missing the mag release assembly parts :(

could somebody please tell me if/where these parts are available to buy... there are enough of these clones out there so surely these parts are available?

alternatively, i could fabricate new release parts, but dont have a diagram... so a link to a diagram would also be good

thanks in advance for the help guys... please let me know if this is in the wrong area to post by the way, im new here. i have tried searching myself but am getting no love whatsoever :(

cheers peeps, parker :)

STOP STOP STOP

Newbies and Sniper rifles dont NOT mix

Get your self a decent AEG and if you really want that sniper feel get a scope and tightbore barrel and maybe a new HU and you will prob out range and low end single shot sniper rifles

JG-bar 10:

Practically all JG airsoft stuff is gold dust right now - JG have had to stop production due to Chinese law. IIRC, it happened in Feb or March. Because of this - JG stuff is in very limited quantities right now.

I have heard that manufacturing has started up again - but its a case of demand outstripping supply. Well, demand outstripping stocks.

(This is why places like AW stopped selling the JG M4 and G36 infavour of the SRC versions)

However - I've heard mixed reviews on the Bar-10. Some say it is a useful, practical weapon. Other people have had them fall apart as soon as they got it out of the box. If you're dead set on getting a Bar-10, I'd wait and see if any manage to filter through.

But - I honestly would try an AEG before a sniper. Rent at a game if you must. Most of the new players I've seen who've bought snipers have gone to a game - done nothing/gotten no kills because they don't know what they're doing, and end up getting killed repeatedly, because they get bored and try and hunt someone down. Result - selling a £90 sniper for £35 to a mate or on a forum because 'sniping sucks'.

That said, you could be one of the rare few who do snipe right away and are:

1)good

2)enjoy it.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to respond guys.

Just a little background info, ive been paintballing for quite a few years and used to run around shooting like a maniac, as the years passed, i supose i fell into a recon/sniper role... crawling around and using patience... and i upgraded my marker to suit my style. I probably racked up the same amount of kills, spent less on ammo and my marker was a lot more reliable for it :)

Im going for the bar 10 as its good value for money and quite easily upgradable

Thanks for the heads up though fellas, any advice is gratefuly received :)

Ok, well if you enjoy playing 'stealthy' then it might actually be a good idea then.

The only problem you'll have now if finding one :lol:

IRRC, the only 'spares' are upgrade parts - barrels & bolts, not the parts you need.

The only thing I can suggest is either look for another cheap Bar10 and mothball it for parts or - wait until the Bar-10 re-appears on the market.

its cool, ive found an official tm vsr-10 stock with mag release in a nice olive colour...£35 brand new. Mite pick this up and switch it with the crappy 2 tone bar 10 stock. Im guessing if its a clone then it should fit perfectly? Mite get in the worshop and make a fuw mag catches out of aluminium when i get the plastic ones. Il see how it turns out and maybe make a few bits for some of the guys on here... steel safely, trigger guard etc

:)

I myself own a fully upgraded VSR-10 (what the BAR-10 is cloned from) and its great. The only issue with getting the rifle to a decent level is the cost.

What you have to remember is that you'll be shooting plastic pellets rather than bullets, so you're not going to get amazing accuracy and super long range shots. But by all means get one, its great fun :lol:

If you've got the cash perhaps get an MP5K, or something like that, so you have the best of both worlds.

EDIT: Oh and you can buy the mag release and stock screws on fire support

awesome!!! Thankyou sooo much for that... Only problem is the guy that I was gonna get the rifle from doesn't have Paypal :( im not willing to risk sending cash or a cheque so looks like il be searching for a new rifle... Unless he wants to send first, and how likely is that! Lol :)

I know the vsr 10 etc ain't the best rifle in the world and can be a bit pricey to modify... But I plan on doing a lot of mods myself and see how it turns out

Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

Archived