Dartmoor Airsoft

Sherman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Anyone ever played airsoft on Dartmoor? Its got to be one of the best places to play it!

Been playing now for about 6 months and have found some amazing locations. Regularly go out with a couple of other players in the area and looking to expand to a group of about 6.

Please get in touch if you're interested!

Cheers!

Lol, Dartmoor would be great!

Me and a friend are just getting into airsoft (so no UKARA, or kit, yet) but we live in Plymouth. Burrator Reservoir probably has some good spots.

What's the legality of this tho?

Illegal haha

You carnt play on any bit of random land you know

You must have the owners written persmission and the consent of the local bobbys to even think about playing on privert land

Illegal haha

You carnt play on any bit of random land you know

You must have the owners written persmission and the consent of the local bobbys to even think about playing on privert land

Lol, figures. Imagine some poor hiker coming across a dozen guys with RIFs in the middle of the moor, in the fog? Pants = brown!

Hey, this sport is all about being covert you know!...If seen, those pants won't just be brown, they'll be red!...Haha, only joking obviously. Yeah there's no doubt you need to be careful but just got to pick the right spots at the right time and it'll be fine.

Burrator resevoir, although it would be awesome, is far too popular a tourist destination. Plenty of similar completely abandoned places though.

Personally I wouldn't worry about getting a license. www.actionhobbies.co.uk has some great see-through rifles which are VCRA compliant.

Actually, on a related idea...

I know that it is illegal to skirmish on public land, or on private land without pre-arrangement. Doing so will only have a negative effect on our hobby and may jeopardise everyone else's fun.

How do you guys go about practicing/testing your new guns, etc aside from at a registered skirmish site? I'm sure a lot of people will use their gardens to fire off a few rounds at a paper target but my garden is only about 10 ft long! argh!

Is there any option, other than on walk-on days at our local sites, for us lowly folk cursed with a lack of space?

Play on random bit's of land is really bad idea.

If you are reported to police then they WILL respond with a firearms team.

They will have REAL guns with very REAL bullets and be very worried and twitchy about a bunch of guys with what look like real guns.

Best advise is don't do it.

Go to a legal site or get on some private land with permission.

One of my mates had a RIF SA80 in his bedroom and some people came to view his house.

They saw SA80 and next thing he knew there was an armed police squad at his door asking him very seriously to sit on his sofa and not move while they checked out the reported "firearm".

Archived