RoHS and Airsoft..where are we?

Enforcement officer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 1st July 2006 it became a corporate responsibilty for any Company importing products where the primary source of power was electricity (battery or mains) to be able to evidence full compliance to the RoHS regulations.

Gas powered products are exempt however.

The RoHS regulations does not relate to product safety, it is a piece of enviromental legislation

I have taken this rather unique way of approaching your industry and welcome any questions from importers.

Thank you

On 1st July 2006 it became a corporate responsibilty for any Company importing products where the primary source of power was electricity (battery or mains) to be able to evidence full compliance to the RoHS regulations.

Gas powered products are exempt however.

The RoHS regulations does not relate to product safety, it is a piece of enviromental legislation

I have taken this rather unique way of approaching your industry and welcome any questions from importers.

Thank you

Further to my last post.

To avoid any confusion within the airsoft industry, I would like to make it absolutely clear that I am an enforcement officer working for the National Measurement Office dealing with compliance issues relating to the RoHS directive (Restriction of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations).

I would respectfully request that any Importer into the UK of Airsoft AEG from outside of the EU should consider their importers responsibilities and visit www.rohs.gov.uk for information.

This website provides an online enquiry service where any questions you may have can be answered.

The NMO continues to discuss compliance issues with the trade body.

Thank you

Archived