R85A1 Vs. JG AUG A2

shogran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Looking to expand my airsoft collection and am thinking about a bullpup design! Which would you say is a better choice both aesthetically and performance wise? The R85A1 or the JG AUG A2?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Well after using both I can tell you they are both great guns.

I would suggest getting the R85 due to most people's recommendation as well, just get a good battery.

The AUG is good but as it's a clone you could always do better. (Get a CA tbh.)

I would say go with what you prefer.

Well after using both I can tell you they are both great guns.

I would suggest getting the R85 due to most people's recommendation as well, just get a good battery.

The AUG is good but as it's a clone you could always do better. (Get a CA tbh.)

I would say go with what you prefer.

Thanks for the hands on exp reply! I love JG guns as the quality I find is second to none, just trying to decide which one of the two would be preferable for me! ###### choices!

• Supporters

i would say the R85 as well because of the compatibility of mags ie it takes any m4 mag, if you get it throw the battery that comes with it in the bin it is shocking and buy another

nutster

• Supporters
because of the compatibility of mags ie it takes any m4 mag.

nutster

heard some dont fit, and just JG's own AUG mags would be better than mixing and matching m4 mags imo,

Anyway, go with the R85 just get a decent battery as the one we got was f*cked without even a charge.

the R85 has shown bang on 328fps since its been bought and owned for some months.

i would highly recommend getting this battery

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_7vp2200sc-h.html <-- Link

as it fits in tightly and gives the R85 that much power and ROF and will see you through a day VERY easily.

i think the blowback should be disabled as it just waste's battery as it is eletric based, it also comes with a 450round mag and i wouldnt TRY the sling its s***. buy a genuine one from ebay for a couple of quid

JOB DONE! ;)

good luck with whatever gun you choose mate they are both good, i just cant comment on the AUG as i havent got a chance of using it. :P

• 7 months later...

PMed you a place for spare parts... However I have never used them, so cant vouch for them, I just know they do a lower receiver of the R85...

Archived