FPS up/down grade for site switchability

FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there such a thing?

I know from personal experience (when I was that FNG) how frustrating it can be to turn up at a site, ready for a good days skirmishing only to chrono and find that you exceed the site limits. No shoot, go home dejected. Unless some kind person has a 'spare' you can use.

I suppose the easy answer would be to check before you arrive on site. BUT, what if I want to go shoot at, for instance The Mall, Reading were I believe the site limit is 320 fps and my normal site is 350 fps? Obviously my AEG would be set for the higher fps, so how easy is it to down/up change the fps? Lets say with an M4 as they seem to be the most common one out there.

And because I am only a poor Essex boy, I can only afford the one AEG! What spares would I need to carry etc.

there are more things to consider, apart from a different spring. Lower power spring will increase the rpm, and may cause problems for the gears, or grind on the pistol teeth. I also found that lowering the spring strength could make the motor heat up, for unknown reasons.

I don't know if that has happened to anyone else. Maybe I am just unlucky.

Or just set your gun up for the 1J limit and leave it there, 20-30 fps will make very very little difference.

If you really want to switch FPS, ICS m4 with two upper gearboxes at different FPS's

ya i hate that about the Mall, i had my gun firing perfect at 350fps had lower it buy adding spring so was firing at 315ish and was never the same. I though that site was rubbish to be fair amazing actual site but the stop and start game play with the constant talking by the staff did my head in, i wana play airsoft as long as i can on a day not talk

• Supporters

G&G P90 and F2000 both have adjustable strength springs (basically a preload screw I guess) so you can adjust the FPS. Or you could fit a GB with a quick change spring (my M249 has this) or go down the ICS route as suggested and have different uppers for different sites.

Or, y'know.....BUY MOAR GUNZ!!!

You could always just buy another gun and have a 328 and a 350 setup. The 328 sites are probably all CQB so having a short CQB gun set for under 328 might be a good idea and then a longer outdoor 350 gun.

Quick change still normally has you ripping the gun apart to take apart the top part of the gear box, its not like its actually quick quick.

Or just buy a marui and leave it stock. 280 may not sound like much but it's enough and definitely under site limit wherever you go.

You could always just buy another gun and have a 328 and a 350 setup. The 328 sites are probably all CQB so having a short CQB gun set for under 328 might be a good idea and then a longer outdoor 350 gun.

Quick change still normally has you ripping the gun apart to take apart the top part of the gear box, its not like its actually quick quick.

you can open an ICS M4 and change the upper in less than 20 seconds. If thats not quick I dont know what is :lol:

fist thing i do with a new gun i replace the stock spring with a m90 or m100, and then set it up from there, So for i havent had any issues with the gearboxes and my guns are generally agreed to work pretty well.

• Supporters

fist thing i do with a new gun i replace the stock spring with a m90 or m100, and then set it up from there, So for i havent had any issues with the gearboxes and my guns are generally agreed to work pretty well.

This. If your gun is working properly, the difference in performance between 330 and 350 should be negligible.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.