Melee Choices for the Battlefield

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was just wondering, do any of you guys use melee weapons at skirmishes? If so what do you use, and do you get any use out if it?

Also, would it be acceptable to use a training sword such as this one in a loadout, or would that just be down to site rules?

I was just wondering, do any of you guys use melee weapons at skirmishes? If so what do you use, and do you get any use out if it?

Also, would it be acceptable to use a training sword such as this one in a loadout, or would that just be down to site rules?

Normal site rules usually state that any melee weapon should be able to bend 30º or close to minimise any danger. As the description of that Bokken states it 'closely duplicates a real Katana's length, size, weight and feel'​, I guess sites wouldn't be too impressed with something that big with such little movement.

Personally I've used a lightsaber and even an extra long suppressor to get melee kills in the past- anything can be a melee weapon if you're brave enough :D

Use a banana.

On a more serious note, I believe you could use a training knife such as these:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/cold-steel-laredo-bowie-rubber-training-knife.html

http://www.airsoftworld.net/tactical-equipment/knives-and-tools/cold-steel-leatherneck-sf-rubber-training-knife.html

Or an axe!

http://www.airsoftworld.net/cold-steel-trench-hawk-training-axe.html

On the subject of knives, how do you actually go about a 'knife kill' anyway?

I can imagine some people do not appreciate being stabbed by one (even if they are rubber) but can you do that sort of thing, or do you just sort of tap them with the blade or what?

On the subject of knives, how do you actually go about a 'knife kill' anyway?

I can imagine some people do not appreciate being stabbed by one (even if they are rubber) but can you do that sort of thing, or do you just sort of tap them with the blade or what?

They tap eachother. At least, that's what I've seen on videos and stuff.

Charging someone with a knife is more fun than yelling "Surrender!", anyway, even if it's just to tap them on the shoulder with it.

If I can't use that Bokken, than my assassin loadout will never be complete. But I guess it's still worth talking to site owners about it and showing them the thing so they can see what it's like. Let's hope at least one place will permit it. If not, then that rubber duck idea sounds fun.

Playing with toy guns is one thing but I draw the line at rubber knives.

So you'd rather we stabbed each other with actual combat knives if we wanted to perform 'silent' takedowns?

I think it depends on the site. Some might allow it, some definitely wouldn't.

I use a Cold Steel knife and as you say, its just a tap.

They tap eachother. At least, that's what I've seen on videos and stuff.

Charging someone with a knife is more fun than yelling "Surrender!", anyway, even if it's just to tap them on the shoulder with it.

If I can't use that Bokken, than my assassin loadout will never be complete. But I guess it's still worth talking to site owners about it and showing them the thing so they can see what it's like. Let's hope at least one place will permit it. If not, then that rubber duck idea sounds fun.

What's wrong with a tap on the shoulder?

Nothing, it's just safer and more practical to use a training knife, be it rubber or plastic, to do it. Plus if you're stopped and searched by the police on your way to/from a skirmish you won't have a bloody big combat knife in your bag, along with multiple RIFs.

I have the Cold Steel Katana.

It is fucking rock solid. Smash it into a brick wall and the first thing to break would be the brick. I have a recording of me just smashing up every glass bottle i had from the recycling bin after a party. It's not exactly skirmish safe.

I mean why bother with the rubber knife at all? why not just a tap. with a hand?

Why not throw bbs, who needs a gun? You still need the props.

If you're site plays surrender rules that's usually the time to do it.

I have a four foot foam sword for non-serious skirmishes. When I bring that everyone seems to call surrender for some reason when I charge them with it... :D

But for regular games I have a fake rubber knife but it's mainly for display.

my melee weapon.......

IMG_20140416_184738_zpsrxlsneqa.jpg

Yeah that Dan Wesson must be great for pistol whipping

Need mind rubber ducks Mr B, get a rubber chicken haha

• Supporters

nah, you'll hurt someone, you can use a rubber ducky to troll someone or better yet: If you can use anything as a melee weapon, use a dildo.

The wife really get the hump with me then - bad enough getting my Toy Guns and myself covered in mud all through house etc...

She would not be happy if got her " toy " damaged or covered in mud as well

Damn - just had a really good sick idea - put a LiPo in there - that would cheer her up

(actually probably kill her but at least she would have smile on her face)

I've mentioned this before but Op-Tactical sites and Tac House Spartan (and ex Op Tac site) attract some awesome melee weapons. I have a pair of sai, one guy has an infamous samurai sword that he uses so devastatingly it's made it's way in to safety briefings, there's a guy with a rubber wrench and I've seen a foam hammer of Thor on a bungee cord, a sword of omens from Thundercats and a load of lightsabers.

My favourite ever melee kill at Tac House was a Google knife kill. The guy didn't have a melee weapon so he Google image searched for knife pictures, tapped someone on the shoulder with his phone and whispered in his ear "Google knife kill." I bloody love that place.

Yes, you would love to be hit by a pink, greasy dildo which will bend much further than 30 degrees.

I wonder what the reactions of other people would be.... "AWWWWWWWW SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!"

Be a great introduction to the hobby for new starters:

"Did you enjoy it? What happened?"

"I watched a group of grown men dressed like soldiers chase each other with dildos."

"..."

Guest PT247

All you need is a gas mask and you've got yourself a master level apocalypse loadout.

Someone else plays Day:Z! That axe is awesome haha

My current loadout is all DayZ based, checked shirt, khaki trousers and a baseball cap :D

Am just waiting for a mate to make me a brown leather chest holster for the revolver and it'll be complete.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.