Is this true

mattswan2512
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Section 36 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act makes it an offence to sell, manufacture or import a realistic imitation firearm.

Buying (while over 18) and ownership are not effected at all by the VCRA.

To answer the OP's question, yes, it IS LEGAL for someone to be GIVEN a gift of a RIF by someone who was eligible to get one. In this case the person receiving the gift is not selling, manufacturing or importing (or buying while under 18) so there is no conflict with the VCRA.

Sounds daft, I know, but it's a poorly planned piece of knee-jerk legislation...

So if i understand this i could give a mate a RIF that he could play with on a site with no worries? and then i could charge him over the top for some work in the future according to this and not be breaking any laws? <_<

• Supporters
Section 36 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act makes it an offence to sell, manufacture or import a realistic imitation firearm.

Buying (while over 18) and ownership are not effected at all by the VCRA.

To answer the OP's question, yes, it IS LEGAL for someone to be GIVEN a gift of a RIF by someone who was eligible to get one. In this case the person receiving the gift is not selling, manufacturing or importing (or buying while under 18) so there is no conflict with the VCRA.

Sounds daft, I know, but it's a poorly planned piece of knee-jerk legislation...

So if i understand this i could give a mate a RIF that he could play with on a site with no worries? and then i could charge him over the top for some work in the future according to this and not be breaking any laws? <_<

he couldn't keep the RIF in his possession, but he can rent the RIF off you at the game site no problem.

he couldn't keep the RIF in his possession, but he can rent the RIF off you at the game site no problem.

This cant be true as my friend aron has a m4 pre ukara and can keep the weapon on and of the site

Yes thats what i read also.

I thibk some people can get a bit to carried away with this law as it is not a major problem because if it was there would not be so many loop holes!

Its kind of like speeding we know 70 is top but we all go faster when overtaking and unless its exesive the police dont mind!

The thing is i would gift a friend a rif if i knew it was to be used at a site!

Archived