Well that wasn't so painful

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I've just had a tooth removed.

I was expecting to be in agony and crying in pain, but...I barely felt anything. I've had fillings and heavy dental work before, so I know what pain in the dentists chair can be like.

But...I was expecting this to be very painful. The only thing that hurts is my right eye where the dentist accidentally I think... punched me.

So, have any of you ever had medical work where you've gone in and been told "this is really painful, its agony, etc", and come out feeling nothing? Or the reverse?

Is it all in the mind?

• Supporters

I was told that having a tooth removed is pure hell.

So It was a tough choice between tooth removed and a root canal for an abcessed tooth. I took the tooth pulling option and the experience wasn't that bad. took the day off as I couldnt talk or eat anything, but the experience of having a tooth pulled honestly wasn't that bad.

or alternatively, everyone is a pansy :P

• Supporters

yeah, I have NEVER broken a bone, twisted an ankle badly or anything else along those lines.

never been to hospital due to injury.

which Is surprising considering my lifestyle and choices:

climber

airsofting

cross roads, missing cars by inches

walk super-fast (bump into people loads - or, rather, they bump into me)

intend on getting into skydiving when I can afford it

• AF-UK Founding Member
yeah, I have NEVER broken a bone, twisted an ankle badly or anything else along those lines.

never been to hospital due to injury.

which Is surprising considering my lifestyle and choices:

climber

airsofting

cross roads, missing cars by inches

walk super-fast (bump into people loads - or, rather, they bump into me)

intend on getting into skydiving when I can afford it

Sounds like base jumping might be the best option for you :lol:

I was told that having a tooth removed is pure hell.

So It was a tough choice between tooth removed and a root canal for an abcessed tooth. I took the tooth pulling option and the experience wasn't that bad. took the day off as I couldnt talk or eat anything, but the experience of having a tooth pulled honestly wasn't that bad.

or alternatively, everyone is a pansy :P

I had that option too!

Well, several hours later, the pain has kicked in. When does it end? :lol:

Yes, death does not count as serious injury. Mainly because there are few instances where people can tell you if it is very painful, or not...

• AF-UK Founding Member
I had that option too!

Well, several hours later, the pain has kicked in. When does it end? :lol:

Yes, death does not count as serious injury. Mainly because there are few instances where people can tell you if it is very painful, or not...

Couple of drinks will sort you out I'm sure :P

Couple of drinks will sort you out I'm sure :P

Oh if only!

I've been warned away from them for a few days.

OK, I've found the most painful thing from this tooth removal:

I'm not allowed to drink tea for another day. No twinnings for me....I...I...cannot live without my daily ration of tea! :o

• 1 month later...

Hi my first post and i Have had five teeth removed I think mostly due to braces as teenager way back when and mostly it didn't hurt as much as the fing injections i hate those especialy into the mouth/gum area the worst is always roof of the mouth. :o

I was an architectural modelmaker and have done some slight damage to one finger and both thumbs with circular saws I've not lost any of them tho which is a godsend, the worst injury was when a circular saw shot a lump of rough broken wood roughly the size of a chopstick through the palm of my hand and almost out the back beside my thumb, it didn't hurt at first kinda felt like I'd been kicked in the hand except without pain just a physical sensation of force hurt like a mother when i put my hand on it the four inces of stick that was visible tho.

The thing that the nurse said wouldn't hurt to much was the nerve blocker this was from a different incident and she injected anesthetic into the bottom of my thumb where it meets the hand then pulled the needle almost all the way out and turned it ninty degrees with 2-3mm of needle still in my hand mind and pushed it in again to inject again and again so that the nerve bundle for my thumb would be well and truly anethetised. almost punched her in the face it hurt so bad. :angry:

• 1 month later...

ive had 9 teeth removed in one on the operating table... didnt realy hurt unless i bit into somthing hard, i was only meant too have 2 removed but they took out all my milk teeth that i had at the time... i also had a prob with cold drinks at the time lol... the only downside... (as i hand a hole about 6mm deep) was that i soaked my pillow in blood during the night.

i had an operation a few months ago where ...i was scared...like "hell, i don't want to do this..." but out loud i was saying well " i guess it is for the best...(nervously)" i have stomach problems, alot of school missed past 1-2 years happened to kick in when i started secondary school... :( and they had to see inside my stomach with a wee lil camera shuved down my throat, while i was put to sleep of course, and then i came out with a lil sore throat and a lil thing on my hand where the sleepy drugs went in :P

Not really painful, just sickness but I nearly died from pneumonia. I was in hospitol for a week with an oxygen mask and off school for six months because I was so ill and my lungs were so weak. As a ressualt I now have minor ashtma <_< however I barely need to use my inhaler luckilly. fun fun fun....

As for induries falling off a patio and get a chunk off brick stuck in my leg was definately an experiance I won't forget. I now have a lovely scar! :lol:

Scar-L or Scar-H?? :lol: i love the fact i can make a joke out of peoples pain, not something i am proud of though :lol:

sorry unlucky alll of you guys

@Fateofhat - I bled all over my pillow too. I woke up and couldn't understand why my face was sticky - then I looked in the mirror, and saw all this red stuff dried to my face :lol:

I've had a fair few broken bones, mostly in my hands - but I was that young when it happened, I honestly cannot remember the pain (if any).

I also nearly had 3 of my fingers on my right hand sliced off in a door (around the same time), and was very lucky that in the end, all I'm missing is the pad/ends of two fingers. Again, I can't remember the feeling of pain.

Knackered my ancle in a horse-riding accident (I remember that because I usually end up going over on said ancle during a skirmish) It's pretty painful falling off a horse at cantering speed. Even more so when said animal (accidentally) kicks your ancle

I contracted some odd heart condition when I was 7. That, I remember was painful, as it started causing other functions to stop (I couldn't open my eyes, barely open my mouth, had difficulty breathing, it looked like my kidneys were packing in, also looked like I had scarlet fever). That in itself wasn't too painful - What was painful, was having salt-water injections every 4 hours. Through my hands. My God, I honestly cannot remember feeling such pain, as the solution was pushed (at an excrushiatingly slow speed) into my blood-steam, and to this day, still have the scars on my hands.

• Supporters

Try Opening a cupboard and a glass of pickles soaked in salt and vinegar come flying out straight onto your foot :) all that salt and s*** in the wound, did sting for a while and lots of blood :P oh and to top it off Christmas day. Happened when I was a kid. B)

years ago i got in a fight at school and broke 2 fingers and fractured one of my knuckles after waiting in A&E for several hours got patched up. Then once home was told i was grounded for a month for fighting at school threw a "wobbley" and hit a chair in my room and fractured my little finger on the other hand, double ouch! the worst thing is my mum dad and brother seem to still find this funny about 11years on!

I had 4 simultaneous compound fractures to both the radii and ulna of the left and right arms. Had a bad trampoline accident a couple years back. They had to fly me to the hospital and surgically place 4 metal plates in my arms.

It was funny because I did not fall off the trampoline I landed right in the middle. I landed in such a way that both my arms were under me at an odd angle. 1 in a million. There was this loud snap and then for the first couple of minutes It did not hurt. Then the pain came and it was the most pain I have ever experienced in my life.

I also broke my big left toe. I was running, rounded a corner and my toe got caught under my foot. The toenail bent upward and literally sliced through the bone. I basically almost severed my toe with my own toenail. yet another 1 in a million injury. my luck :rolleyes:

Other than that I have hit my head all kinds of times and have got cut a couple times.

Archived