Help and Advice Required - AGM M4 Stubby...

t20lau
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

My name is Tom, I own an AGM 036 M4 Stubby…I am looking to have the gun totally upgraded! My first thoughts are to get a new Tight Bore Barrel, Motor, and G&P Gearbox!

Just wondering if you could offer me any advice, and if the changes would do the gun any good?! Currently the gun is total stock, running a 9.6v 1500mAh battery!

I would like for the gun to have a little more range, and an better ROF!

A friend of mine is running a G&P stubby and the ROF is insane, not sure exactly which gearbox or motor he is running but it’s certainly made me want to upgrade my gun! I’m pretty new to upgrading weapons so not 100% sure whether or not the AGM’s gear box, and motor are any good, having looked at the review on the evike site (http://www.evike.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:evike-review-agm-037&catid=88:aeg&Itemid=84), I am in doubt as to if the parts I am looking to buy would be a good idea, or would there be more parts I would reuse and purchase less but still make the gun better!?

Finally, I have seen from the following site (http://metroatlantaairsoft.darkbb.com/guns-f11/my-agm-upgraded-stubby-killer-m4-t2028.htm) a barrel upgrade, which from what I have read will definitely improve the range as the barrel is much longer, however, I’m not 100% sure how the guy has managed to fit it with the part for the Silencer to sit on…

The gun is only 3months old if that helps in anyway? My goal is for a 350fps weapon which has a nice ROF and range to go with!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tom Lau

Hi there,

TBH, I'm looking to spend as little as possible in achieving my goal!

Although I'm opening to opionions!

I have been reading mixed reviewed about the AMG Stubbys, I really like it if I'm honest, just looking for that little more ROF and tad more Range in the gun!

So if a Longer Tightbore Barrel with a longer silencer, better hop up and hop rubber is all I need for range I'll go down that route!

As for ROF, I'm running a 9.6v 1500mAh already and dont really want to run more...Maybe to finish off my project I just need a better motor?! but I dont want to do this if my gears are going to be under a lot more strain!

Reading more and more, I am pretty confident I know wat I require for the range, so I might so and do that before changing anything else!

Again opinions and review all welcome!!!

Thanks,

Tom

Well the thing is as far as i remember new motors arnt cheap £80?? the cheapest i could find last time

As for range you bang on there a tight bore and new HU inc rubbers will defo get the most out of your gun

ROF it a bit more complex as what ever you do to one compoent (say motor) and have to do something to enother (the gears)

TBH ROF isnt really that important and isnt as important as Range and Accuracy i would concentrate on them first TBH

If you need anyore help dont be afraid to ask :)

Thanks

Jack

Hi There,

Thanks for you reply!

Whilst typing my last message I was actually slowly changing my mind about what my requirements were!

I think I agree with you and the ROF isnt all that important! By all means the gun isnt that slow, especially now it has the 9.6v battery instead of the 8.4v...

I'll look at replacing the barrel with a slightly longer tightbore with new hop up and hop rubber, and silencer to cover up the barrel sticking out of the front!!! Hopefully this will help with Range and Accuracy!!!

Any suggestions on the lenght / size / brand of barrel for the stubby?!

Thanks,

Tom

Well lenght is really up to you if your sticking a silencer on the end just make you dont get way too big that even your silencer carnt hide it!

The diameter of the barrel should really be 6.03 but if you want you mcould go for a 6.01 but you will be pushing it especialy in a fully auto weapon (jamms are prone with 6.01) but if you keep it spotless then it could work but i would just say with a 6.03s

Thanks for all your help!

I'll go on the hunt now!

My plan is Madbull Blue Hop Rubber, with 6.03 Tightbore Barrel, Silencer, and a hop up unit (not sure which yet)...

Regards,

Tom

Archived