BRITISH AIRSOFT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT.....

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You mind sending proof of that 'fake UKARA email'? Also I don't exactly how see being a girl would prove you aren't going to use the gun or pay for it. I'm guessing if your photo was a man sitting in a basement wearing Burberry and waving money at the camera the checks would be a bit more *stringent* but oh well. Just seems like a bit of social engineering on your behalf here without the email or complete transcript mate

1. Wow, BAC are bloomin' idiots to allow this through, although I don't think it'll ruin airsoft but, someone high up should be made aware of this.

2. This hype didn't turn out to be as big as I espected. I thought they were trafficking guns to convicted criminals for money or something along those lines.

Did you mention that you were a regular skirmisher or show any proof at all?

• Supporters

You mind sending proof of that 'fake UKARA email'? Also I don't exactly how see being a girl would prove you aren't going to use the gun or pay for it. I'm guessing if your photo was a man sitting in a basement wearing Burberry and waving money at the camera the checks would be a bit more *stringent* but oh well. Just seems like a bit of social engineering on your behalf here without the email or complete transcript mate

are you serious dude. Im a guy you have ti show your card to buy shit and its a girl also the emails sent are irrelevant to this only their reply my ukara email isn't going to have MY details is.

I'd imagine when you buy something online with a BAC membership, you don't have to drive to the warehouse to pick it up, and show your card. Also pretty confused - all the details you signed up with are for a girl, so how would they know you were male, even if they checked? It's not like they can turn on your webcam and take a peek. I'd say the emails were relevant, since that's how they get your proof for the membership and that's what you claim has been overlooked - unless I'm missing sarcasm again.

And the let down... I was expecting something more dramatic like they were being investigated for fraud or some such.

• Supporters

They are surposed to call the site your a member of and validate your details DUH so they would know if I was male or female and a real person or not a real person. The dramatic start was to get members attention that's all so then the word can be spread

• Supporters

Nope they did nothing I took the information provided as being true and valid and accepted it simple as that.

• Supporters

the reveal wasn't meant to be special I do recall saying that in an earlier post to this thread. this is more for social awareness. ah if no one gives a toss then great we'll let me continue their ways and F*** it all up for players

From their facebook

** IMPORTANT NOTICE - CHANGE OF POLICY **

It has been brought to our attention that a member of UKARA has falsified their player self check in an attempt to become a member of the BAC.

The BAC policy was to accept existing UKARA members into the BAC by the member forwarding their own UKARA player self check email. We did not think for one moment that an existing UKARA member would doctor their legitimate e-mail to create a false identity in order to attack the credibility of BAC. The whole idea of the player self check was to enable the easy transfer of existing registered UKARA players to the BAC.

We have found that 99% of airsofters are honest and honourable, however this incident has identified the 1% that are dishonest and unscrupulous. Therefore we have modified our practice accordingly.

95% of existing BAC members have been identified through our stringent checks via direct contact with the airsoft sites verifying games played.

We regret to say that going forward, we no longer be able to accept existing UKARA players via their player self check e-mail. This is to prevent any further attempted security breeches. All players will need to identify the last three games played over a period of time greater than 56 days. This will then be verified by the BAC via direct contact with the airsoft site. This should now prevent any other dishonest parties trying to infiltrate and discredit the BAC.

We thank the BAC members for their continued support.

Best wishes,

BAC

• Supporters

I love he fact in their statement hey used the term " Tried to obtain " not tried I succeeded and if I'd have paid the money I'd have gotten the card to prove it their email back proves they were fully prepared to issue my defence.

• Supporters

They have blocked people for calling them out on data issues like this. Instead of addressing things properly they make up a half arsed, poorly written excuse, with made up statistics, that will tide over the majority of people, and block all the people who won't let it slide.

I personally have no issues with selling RIFs to anyone at all. If they act like a dick with it, so what? They'd have only bought it from someone else anyway, or bought a two tone and painted it, or bought an air gun. Then they'll be let off anyway because there's a million and one loop holes they could've obtained a RIF through anyway.

It is the principle of a defence that I stand by and that stops me from just becoming an underground black market gun launderer for the non-defence holding masses. The need for a defence is an utter waste of everyone's time and effort.

But BAC are shitting on that principle by pretending they have all these things in place to legitimise it, when they clearly do not. If they did, then they wouldn't have had to make up those percentages they stated.

A few things have come of this realisation; they don't have the facilities to check or verify anything. In fact they rely solely on UKARA defectors and Skirmish Sites to verify their site membership/regular skirmish attendance.

So basically the BAC does nothing other than charge you and give you a plastic bloody card as all the work is already done for them.

In super short, if you are eligible to become BAC 'verified' – you already have a defense and can save yourself the £8 a year.

• Supporters

Well I have as asked for a refund on my own actual membership with them only for them to say NO as with the cost incurred of administration they couldn't do a refund. COST are you blinking MAD, So I apply I send MY ukara email they send me a p plastic card with about 10p worth of ink on and call that administration. HA I say.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.