Disappointment with G&P SR25 DMR

FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

surely all their guns can't be like this?

Ah well I've heard their internals aren't great (at least for what you pay for 'em)

Besides, I wouldn't buy an electric OOTB DMR anyway. I know I talked about it somewhere before but to me an electric so-called "DMR" is just an overpriced, normal AEG if you see what I mean.

A good DMR needs a lot of upgrades and internal work to be effective (and to be semi-only if you want to increase FPS above 350)

AFAIK these DMR guns don't really have anything special in them that would make me want to buy one. They're just longer and in the case of the SR-25, uses a less common 7.62 magazine that is more expensive and harder to find than an AK / AR-15 mag.

If I am missing something, please forgive my ignorance. That's just how I see it. Only sniper / marksman platform I would buy is a BASR or GBB DMR.

• Supporters

Ah well I've heard their internals aren't great (at least for what you pay for 'em)

Besides, I wouldn't buy an OOTB DMR anyway. I know I talked about it somewhere before but to me an electric so-called "DMR" is just an overpriced, normal AEG if you see what I mean.

A good DMR needs a lot of upgrades and internal work to be effective (and to be semi-only if you want to increase FPS above 350)

AFAIK these DMR guns don't really have anything special in them that would make me want to buy one. They're just longer and in the case of the SR-25, uses a less common 7.62 magazine that is more expensive and harder to find than an AK / 5.56 STANAG magazine.

So you wouldn't buy anything from an entire brand because they make a dmr that isn't set up for the job (like almost every other brand dmr out there)? They have weak parts on the internals but every make has issues in some area on their guns. The internals aren't amazing but their far from bad.

It's like g&g's externals, not great for the money but the compromise is made up for by the internals which are very good, g&p is the other way round very good externals and decent internals, but not the best. A new hop rubber or bedding in the stock one and you'll be fine.

Run and gun with an LMG?

U srs?

Most sites have a 'not emplaced? Don't fire' rule with LMGs anyway.

what I mean is (and I pronounced it wrong) you can move with more ease. I know he is ex military but even he must be tired by the end of the day, after lugging around an 8k gun. If the map hes playing on is one of a fast pace with lots of advancing etc, I'm sure at the end of the day he would be tired. IDK what that means, but I'm guessing it either means: if you can't see someone don't shoot, or: can't shoot while not stable/moving?

what I mean is (and I pronounced it wrong) you can move with more ease. I know he is ex military but even he must be tired by the end of the day, after lugging around an 8k gun. If the map hes playing on is one of a fast pace with lots of advancing etc, I'm sure at the end of the day he would be tired. IDK what that means, but I'm guessing it either means: if you can't see someone don't shoot, or: can't shoot while not stable/moving?

1. A G&P SR-25 is 5.576KG........the MK23 is 4.620KG, it's not too much of a difference
  2. Maps are played on video games
  3. It means 'no shooty when walky'

1. A G&P SR-25 is 5.576KG........the MK23 is 4.620KG, it's not too much of a difference
  2. Maps are played on video games
  3. It means 'no shooty when walky'

1. Ok sorry, must have got mixed up.

2.yeah, again my bad.

3. ah ok thanks for the info.

So going back to the Op and slating the manufacturer.

Having read the thread I just want to get this straight in my head:

1: you bought a brand new gun

2: you then gave said gun to a shop to do a crap load of work on it including fitting new tightbore, new hop rubber, upgrade spring/gearbox and fit a new motor.

3: you now have had loads of problems including a badly fitted hop rubber, locked to single shot breaking and range issues.

I would put the blame firmly on the shop/tech who upgraded this, not the original manufacturer, as there is not much left original except the body, am I correct? Just thinking out loud.

• Supporters

I know you said weight wasn't an issue but surely this would be better http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=GPAEG015.

Its £100 cheaper, and lighter, which would make it easier to run and gun with?

It's not a DMR though is it?

Bigshep, totally agree. Taking it back to them on Friday as still under warranty. Means yet another weekend without it. Not a happy bunny, but what can you do? Poured to much money into it to abandon.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.