Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!

Lt.Killer(SAS)
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m curious to know what you all think about being able to play laser tag while you play live Airsoft skirmishes with your existing weapons. Yes, indeed, you fire off your 6mm BB’s and while you do this, a laser pulse also fires at the same time. As we all know, the thrill of pounding everyone with pellets is great but you know what, at the end of the game we have no real clue as to who scored best, who was hit the most often and by who and so on. So, my question to you…

What if, you had a cool computer system that kept track of everything and I mean everything while we play our Airsoft battles or if you like, go into training mode and just play laser tag without firing one 6mm ball? Kind of cool maybe?

Some thoughts behind all this… if you are injured, a medic can heal you, if you run out of ‘laser’ ammo, you can get resupplied from your buddy, but he loses a clip. Your team must capture the flag… so you must all take the enemy base and wait there while the electronics takes down their flag.

Then after the day is done, after you have been beaten up with pellet fire and taken out with lasers, you go home and upload all your battle data to the games server whereby you gain rank, compete against other people and teams across the world with scoring, medals won etc.

Yes, you are a soldier now with real bragging rights and you have the battle wounds to prove it.

This could work with paintball players also.

So, what would you be willing to pay for such a cool, intelligent system?

We’re talking about wireless electronics, a control unit with USB connections, LCD display and no retrofitting to your Airsoft weapons except for the addition of a RIS/RAS/rails or simple barrel bracket.

Some other features… programmable reload times, bullet caliber, hitting power, realistic gun shot sounds, game time and so on and so on. Whatever you can imagine or dream up can be achieved here.

Thoughts please! Much appreciated. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters
I’m curious to know what you all think about being able to play laser tag while you play live Airsoft skirmishes with your existing weapons. Yes, indeed, you fire off your 6mm BB’s and while you do this, a laser pulse also fires at the same time. As we all know, the thrill of pounding everyone with pellets is great but you know what, at the end of the game we have no real clue as to who scored best, who was hit the most often and by who and so on. So, my question to you…

What if, you had a cool computer system that kept track of everything and I mean everything while we play our Airsoft battles or if you like, go into training mode and just play laser tag without firing one 6mm ball? Kind of cool maybe?

Some thoughts behind all this… if you are injured, a medic can heal you, if you run out of ‘laser’ ammo, you can get resupplied from your buddy, but he loses a clip. Your team must capture the flag… so you must all take the enemy base and wait there while the electronics takes down their flag.

Then after the day is done, after you have been beaten up with pellet fire and taken out with lasers, you go home and upload all your battle data to the games server whereby you gain rank, compete against other people and teams across the world with scoring, medals won etc.

Yes, you are a soldier now with real bragging rights and you have the battle wounds to prove it.

This could work with paintball players also.

So, what would you be willing to pay for such a cool, intelligent system?

We’re talking about wireless electronics, a control unit with USB connections, LCD display and no retrofitting to your Airsoft weapons except for the addition of a RIS/RAS/rails or simple barrel bracket.

Some other features… programmable reload times, bullet caliber, hitting power, realistic gun shot sounds, game time and so on and so on. Whatever you can imagine or dream up can be achieved here.

Thoughts please! Much appreciated. :D

There is a game like this, no not the crap laser game built for young kids, i believe it uses IR and was apdated from airsoft itself, i cant remember the name, nor give you a link as that would be ADVERTISING xD sorry. you dont fire BB's though as you pull the trigger it does a sound effect and if i remember correctly cost something stupid like £70 for a day! and you cannot buy the weapons for your use as it would be far too expensive.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

This would be a wicked idea but i think the cost of such an operation would kill it almost straight away. I love the idea of scoring etc and think thats the only thing missing from airsoft at the moment plus it would stop cheating too. :D

Archived