taiwangun.com

baz-1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I read this on the beginners guide..

"not illegal for a regular skirmisher to 'manufacture an RIF', ie strip the two-tone paint off (with Fairy Power Spray). Therefore, do whatever you need to do to get a Realistic looking Assault Rifle."

So I can't buy one and take the paint off? I wanted to get my own kit rather than renting

• Supporters

Being a regular skirmisher is the defence. The easiest way to prove you are is being registered in the UKARA database.

If you have defence, you can modify an imitation firearm to make it realistic = paint a 2 tone or remove the bright paint from it.

I do not know from the top of my head if you need to be 18+ to do so.

I got my gear today. Pros: Everything i ordered came. Cons: One of the mags was damaged (possibly not TG's fault and it was only £6) and they forgot to derate the spring so i'll need to change it so i can be site legal. I'd order from them again though.

Just got through one of their cheap MP5 packages (plastic JG MP5, torch handguard, claw mount and red dot) for a bit of CQB fun. Curse you CBS Action for showing Ultimate Farce for the millionth time. Anyone know where I can storm a plane? :)

Took less than a week to arrive, price was good - although the torch is rubbish it looks the part!

They don't seem to have downgraded it as requested - their chrono readings show it doing just over 350. Hopefully I can run a few mags through it and leave the spring compressed to bring it down a smidge.

All in all I'm pretty happy. Cheap light gun for CQB and no fuss delivery etc.. I would use them again, just a shame the shipping is quite high so for smaller items it's cheaper to go with Hong Kong!

Just got through one of their cheap MP5 packages (plastic JG MP5, torch handguard, claw mount and red dot) for a bit of CQB fun. Curse you CBS Action for showing Ultimate Farce for the millionth time. Anyone know where I can storm a plane? :)

Took less than a week to arrive, price was good - although the torch is rubbish it looks the part!

They don't seem to have downgraded it as requested - their chrono readings show it doing just over 350. Hopefully I can run a few mags through it and leave the spring compressed to bring it down a smidge.

All in all I'm pretty happy. Cheap light gun for CQB and no fuss delivery etc.. I would use them again, just a shame the shipping is quite high so for smaller items it's cheaper to go with Hong Kong!

if it is doing just over 350 you could clip a bit of the spring maybe?

Yeah - just a lot of faff stripping it down. I had a metal one from Hong Kong a while ago that was doing 420, and I remember what a nightmare it was to get apart :)

The TWG chrono readings are pretty much 351, 353, 352 etc... so hopefully I can get it to settle down a little without getting the tools out :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my second order from Taiwangun.com. Must say, very very pleased.

First order contained eotech clone, magnifier, STTI (Y&P) Mk23 clone and spare mags.

Second contained P&J SR-25 (their own 'upgraded' A&K), spare mags and scope laser combo.

All came through with no issues at all, quick delivery and helpful service. The SR-25 is looking very good, sounding great and seemingly (though not tested it to great length due to dissertation writing/lack of space) performing nicely. Consistent 460 fps (+/-1). Just need to change the fire selector to lock to semi auto.

Got my second delivery a little while ago ,Again no fuss and arrived as per the tracking e-mail. Got a KJW G23 & a spare mag for £80 delivered . Put 2 mags through and really like it . Have to try really hard now to stop looking at that website now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Anyone used the company of late? Are they still offering the great service/products like in the past to the UK as I'm looking to maybe ordering a couple guns from them?

Thanks

Can confirm I bought a new glock and mags from them last week arrived within 4 days with UPS would definitely use them again

Does UPS force people to pay their £11 customs brokerages charges for packages from europe? Since there is no duty/VAT, but still importing of a regulated item I am unsure what to expect.

Considering the CM.506.

Does UPS force people to pay their £11 customs brokerages charges for packages from europe? Since there is no duty/VAT, but still importing of a regulated item I am unsure what to expect.

Never charged me anything, I brought in an AK and lot of other bits. Not sure if they just missed mine.

• Supporters

Never Ever ever been charged any fees from UPS or GLS crap

is why I'm hitting and building up my collection before we pull out of EU in 2017

(if it don't all collapse over Greece before then)

TaiwanGun or TWG don't charge you paypal fees like Gunfire does

But free ship is 175 Euro @ GF

&

it is about 313 Euros @ TWG

so swings n roundabouts I guess, just missed getting my TWG order within the week

normally they managed to order Monday & receive Friday but think the Calais grief didn't help

hopefully Monday but still a good service at either place

your First order might take a little longer whilst they do some checks for scams and ukara

but subsequent orders will fly through no problems

Plus £ to Euro is at a kick ar$e rate so you would be mad not to consider it

• 3 weeks later...

Used Taiwangun and had no problems with them or UPS. Ordered a m9 pistol, two extra mags, green gas, rifle bag and a red dot scope and arrived 4 days later all in good condition so would recommend these guys

• Moderators

interesting to know, bit hesitant to order outside of UK for first RIF upon UKARA but as all seems good with these guys, i may take the risk!

• 1 month later...

Got my first order this week (Monday) for my first RIF (G36 variant, 608-KV). Great service.

Lots of emails so you know whats happening

Got a free ruck sack (as it was the 10th anniversary)

Free delivery (has gone up to 14 euros if you spend under 300 Euros though, but this is still cheap when you look at the bigger picture)

All kit was spot on. Testing sheet in the gun box where I'd ask for the FPS to be lowered, all components tested and signed.

Will be placing another order very soon for my son in law (he doesn't know it yet) for his b'day.

Highly recommend them :)

• 1 month later...

This may be random, but if I was to buy a gun from this site without a UKARA number and whe it arrives spray it two tone myself would that be viable/legal? Just thinking I would rather use my own gun at a skirmish if I could?!

as I cant seem many two tones on there!

• Root Admin

Unfortunately not. Border Force will hold it until a defence is given and that usually means your UKARA number has to be printed on the packaging or you'll get a letter asking for proof of site membership and such.

Edit:

Just noticed you're new. Welcome to the forums. UKARA and VCRA can be hard to understand at first but it's worth getting to grips with both so that you're not mislead by a lot of the information that floats around places like Facebook, as well as avoiding having your stuff seized and destroyed.

This index is a good place to get started: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

This specifically for UKARA, VCRA and defence questions: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/1254-popular-ukara-questions/

If I/I have/I am going to, import from Hong Kong, USA, etc will Customs impound my gun?
If you cannot prove that you are an eligible importer the Boarder Agency will impound and destroy your import without compensation, if you are an eligible importer e.g. a member of an insured airsoft game site, (and UKARA registration helps a great deal) make sure that you have clear information put on/with your import proving your eligibility.

• Supporters

Yep. UKARA is UK only. Meaning other countries' shops don't care about it because they don't have to. It is illegal in the UK (shops or individual) to sell a RIF to someone without defence. And it is illegal for you to import (buy abroad) a RIF without defence.

Non UK shops who want to sell guns to the UK usually provide a way to show your UKARA number on the package, but it's your responsibility to provide it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.