Is there a market?

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

for custom made gun components. Not internal workings of things (like cutom ratio'd gears - don't have the gear to do that)

but for things like custom wooden stocks for guns, custom Iron sights, paint jobs and general gun-tartying-up-ness?

what kinda price would people be happy to pay for that kind of service?

yes, I know some people would like to do it themselves and have more of an attatchment to something, but some people don't have the gear or skills to do something along these lines.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think the biggest market is just for fitting of parts and upgrades etc, I mean that is a pretty common question on here.

How do I fit my spring? Is it easy? Can I get someone to do it for me? etc etc

There is a small market for custom gun components but it is mostly filled. The L119A1 barrel extension and silencer are already produced at a very reasonable price by Mike. The only component I can think of is the L119 front sight as these are no longer in production by the manufacturer but it would be a b*stard to do.

And thing else is just not really popular enough or already made by some one like G&P or similar. Unless you can find a particular hole in the market I don't reckon you will get much interest. As for paintjobs most people do their own unless they want something very special in which case they get a pro to do it at so obscene cost.

Archived