Devastator

Server Move

17 posts in this topic

Today we've moved to a new server. This means there could be a few niggles and such.

If you come across anything strange, a time and date, the error you received along with a screenshot would be great (or what you can do of that.)

Also general feedback on how you find the speed of the site. Might be worth remembering it could be a little slower to start with as everyone floods back as we've been down.

Cheers.

It's probably nothing but this post took about a minute to process:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/20481-who-makes-the-best-mk23-socom-pistol/?p=142478

In the past for me I would get the little loading bar for up to about 15 seconds then it would briefly say saving and post. It seemed to take a lot longer with this post than normal(loading bar for 15-20 secs then saving for 30 or so), but could well be a one off. Post time was 15:39

It also happened around 16:22/3 when replying to DX115FALCON's status

Also one of the posts on the first page of that thread has gone outside of the borders and caused the scaling to go a bit funny, not sure if it was like that before the move though. I can post a pic if it is just me seeing it.

That said all the pages are loading for me really fast over the last hour or so.

Saving posts is still taking a long time for me.

My initial thoughts were that it was probably the database causing things to hang up. I've been trawling through the logs and found evidence of a crashed database, which I've repaired, but not sure this is going to be the fix as that's the only error I found. Let me know..

Edit: Well that took ages to post so I'll keep looking :P but let me know if you notice any difference.

Right I've been playing around for quite a while now (understatement), investigating and trying various things and I'm not noticing the hanging now, but I may have just been lucky. Please can you let me know if you get any hang ups? We're talking like over 5 seconds for a post/PM or whatever to go through assuming your internet connection is good, reliable and stable.

Seems to be fine now, mate :) happy days!

I'm not getting email notifications of new posts currently - haven't changed anything. My guess is for a couple of hours.

Have you checked to see if they are going in your spam folder? I'm trying to sort it out but unfortunately the things I need to take time to resolve (it's not a manual process).

you're right they were in spam

how come?

The way that the forum sends mail by default is an easy option for spammers to use as well. I've switched to a secondary option where I can sign the mail so it has a better chance of getting through to the inbox. Unfortunately for whatever reason this system is currently backlogging the mail rather than sending it. I've fired off a support request so I'm hoping things should be normal soon.

Ian_Gere likes this

Yeah i'm getting them as normal again. Good job!

Devastator likes this

Am i the only one seeing the site unavailable more often these days?

Am i the only one seeing the site unavailable more often these days?

never happened to me before.

SimonQuigley likes this