Operation Skylight - Hertfordshire Location - Okto Eight Milsim

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Actually, I think in the context of this game, "marshalls" strolling around in UN blue would confuse people.

In some games, you could make it fit, but it will be difficult with this storyline. There are already three forces in different dress in this game.

Its a very large woodland setting and I think in this case, referees in a fluorescent yellow tabard or jacket will be relatively low key.

Just an idea Baz, and something I have suggested in the past when we've had discussions about these types of games on here. Instead of marshals in Film/Milsims wearing high viz why not kit out in light blue. Marshals = UN inspectors sent in to trouble spots to observe, you could even write it into the scenarios, one of them could be an MI5/6 or CIA type asset that can take part in some games maybe change the colour of their headgear/ whip off the blue helmet cover when they go overt. It is just as obvious as high viz in the woods and both of your teams will be in distinct camo.

Possibly. I won't know if my mum can drag me down there until she gets her work schedule. If she's working, dad is going to lend me his tent and I'll camp there, otherwise my mum will drop me off.

The MDF guys seem to be largely kitted out with M4 variants as is befitting their team identity.

We are all looking forward to seeing what other Airsoft weapons turn up, especially on the rebel fighter front.

Excited about the possibility for lots of AK's, possibly an occasional Dragunov and maybe even some Vintorezs in there somewhere.

What would you front up with ?

Scar, Glock, XM230, Shotgun and a bunch of grenades :D

Are you going to the event then? I'm guessing you're going to be SOF. Just please don't shoot me in the arse with your XM230, I'll consider it a warcrime :D

It's a shame I can't use grenades until I'm 18, especially as I'm 18 less than a week after the event.

SF with grenade launchers - yes that could be fun..

Part of me wants to rock up with a battered AK, 5 days stubble and a bandolier and send all those smart arse shade wearing special forces types back to their own countries !

Current Status

Only 6 places left on the SOF team.

Only 3 places left on the Moldistan Defence Force team.

We still have plenty of space on the Moldistan Peoples Front/Rebels and Insurgents team.

NB - Just because there's a government army and a SOF team, don't assume the MPF are going to get annihilated.

The MPF are masters of hit and run, guerilla tactics and concealment. They are on home turf and numerically superior.

Its anybody's game !!!

Thinking about recreating my loadout a little bit for skylight such as a new chest rig and maybe some extra bits and pieces. Will there be food on site or will we need to bring our own?

No, there is no catering.

There will be a stand pipe for fresh water and a single toilet.We will run a genny at the MDF base for people who need to charge their batteries - bring your own chargers as we will just provide a live mains socket.

For day players, you will just need field rations; there are no lunch breaks as such so you eat during lulls in the fighting.

For overnight campers, you will need to bring everything needed for survival except water. Personally, I would still only drink the water once its been boiled or passed through a purifier or tabs.

Gorazh National Mine in Moldistan. A corrupt government is mining Titanium and lining their own pockets by privately selling the valuable commodity to a foreign government. The Moldistan Peoples Front, horrified at the corruption and mistreatment of their own countrymen, have risen against the government forces. Living deep in the forest, they are doing their best to sabotage government attempts to get the mine into production. The MPF need your help !!

Join in on 20th and 21st September.

Note: photograph is for storyline and illustration purposes only and does not represent the site. The milsim will be held at a large woodland site near Kings Langley in Herts.

post-7324-0-29829500-1400439201_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.