Battery Advice - KWA SR10 Crane Stock

Exibit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys

I'm slightly confused on the dicharge rate settings on battery packs available for my SR10

I have ordered a battery a 74.v 3000mah 15c Lipo though I had asked a question on the KWA Forums and had the below as a response

At 3000 mAh and a 15C rate that is a constant amperage potential of 45 amps which exceeds the recommended amperage of 20 continuous.

So that means I cant use any Lipo battery with a high MAH as they all seem to be well over 15C or above - will it really damage my moter in the gun because of to high a current ??

Does this only effect Lipo packs could I use a 9.6V Battery with a high MAH providing I can find one to fit in the stock

Your thoughts ??

I had ordered this battery and it has been shipped - thought it would give me good performance in the field though now going by what KWA have said it might damage my gun

HOT POWER 7.4V 3000mAh 15C Lithium Battery (Crane Type)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Their maths is correct and if they say the limit is 20A then you are over double that so I wouldn't bother.

Most batteries are at least 20A though, forgetting about the capacity. If I was you I'd ask on the KWA forums what they suggest to do if you want to get better batteries.

Archived