webbing What to take?

mattswan2512
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, maybe a stupid question but what would you take with you in your webbing? The reason i ask is because my main sport was paintball and as all i have is my m16 and a spare mag plus a speed loader its basicly empty! :blink:

So what do you guys take as im off tomoz to play> I have my goggles in a pouch connected to my shouler strap and a pair of spare trousers (so i can change when finished in the day sack on the back (southafrican tac vest).

with paintball i had loads of stuff such as paint feeders barrel end caps my remote line leading to my gas cylinder an PYRO if i could get it :(

any help please let me know

• Supporters

My webbing holds (on a usual game day):

6 high cap mags (one of which is in the gun) (General playing)

2 to 4 mid caps (so I am more cautious with rounds after using 6 high caps)

2 high cap glock mags (so If I have to use pistol I have more than 29 shots)

sock of BB's (for silent BB carrying)

scrim net if I can be bothered (for hiding)

radio (for comms)

speed loader (well, duuh)

2 (non-locking) karabiners (carrying things, actually well worth the £3 they cost me, I use them to clip objective boxes and things to my webbing to allow me to carry things whithout loosing one of my arms to carrying)

really, you aren't missing anything, I have what you have but more of it.

I normally run with

8 M4 Midcaps

Speedloader

2 P226 mags

Hydro pack

General bits and bobs (torch, screw driver, knife, extra ammo)

Medical Kit (as I help out on site with First aid, contains Gloves, Dressings, and absorbent pads for bleeds)

Than on a Pantac RAV with the various pouches.

th_Photo0212.jpg

If youre going for a full day (without any chance of going back to a safe zone to reload) they youll want enough mags to last you a day (or failing that enough bbs, at most around 3000 rounds unless yourre a support gunner, a headcase, or a sniper)

If not then e.nough to last you 2 or 3 games (500 to 1000 rounds?) then you can reload in the safe zone.

Then spare bbs, just in case youve gone mental, a speed loader and a small utility bag with a first aid pack, small tool kit ect to fix problems in the field, and anything else you so wish (tourch,knife, another layer incase it gets too cold, scrim for camo ect ect)

Then definitely some from of water, either in a water bottle or hydration system (ESPECIALLY in summer!)

Also if youve got a fairly large pouch you can use it as a dump bag, to quickly put empty mags in rather than fit them back into mag holders, which can take longer (especially if youre trying to reload if youre in the middle of a firefight)

Just remember to try and keep it lightish, would dont want to be weighed down by a load of kit, since 1 you'll get knackered by the end of the day, and 2 youll be slow moving, and hence might get shot more :)

Out of interest, what vest/webbing/load bearing system do you have?

south african assault vest with the daysack or hydration pouch on the back in black as camo doesnt work in real life unless you have scrim or a gilly suit and a decent place to set up shop or so to speak.

For clothing i have a british army tank suit all in one i used to use theses for exercise when i was in the army as they are better than a shirt and trousers in my experience.

The only thing i dont have is a head dress. I have got a cut down peak jungle hat that i was issued for iraq but its in desert camo so no good and ive lost my shmag so just going with goggles and thats it.

I do have my paintball mask but i think its a bit over the top but i do have armoured gloves

Ah yeh the SAAV is a good, i used to own one.

If youve got a hydration system you can sling that in the top back pouch, first aid and small tool kit ect can go in the bottem back pouch, if youre right handed, leave the utility pouch on the left side empty to store empty mags (or vice versa if youre left handed) then any other bits can go in the other side utility or front small utitlity pouch.

Also you might wanna fold the flaps on the mag pouches into the pouches themselves, then if you put two mags in, the first one in the front 'sleeve', then take the back one out first, the sleeve will still hold in the second one and will speed up reload time, since you wont have to undo the flap each time (if you didnt understand that then dont worry, i wouldnt want to be the cause of all your mags falling out mid-skirmish)

Hope this helped :)

If ur right handed u should have most mags on the left hand side of your chest rig/assualt vest. That way when you reload you can use your left hand but keep ur right hand and trigger finger ready on the gun. Obviously if your left handed its the other way round.

Archived