New around here

Jayjay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys my names Jay and im thinking of taking up airsofting and have many a question i'd like answered before i part with any cash.

Firstly i'd just like to say i am 18 and have played paintball frequently for the last 2 years and was a paintball marshall for a year so im familiar with the type of sport this is.

My first question is firstly how hard is it to get registered to ukara to allow you to buy RIF's as in my opinion the two tones look appauling?

Second, i actually already own a Glock 19 Gas Pistol from before the act and i was just wondering the legality of me still having it and it not being two toned? do i need to inform someone of this?

Last question is what gun to i buy? i have read/watched many reviews on guns and some say to buy the cheaper makes of guns for the obvious fact that they're cheaper and they dont perform any less than the bigger makes like TM. I personally have been looking at this full metal mp5 at wolfarmouries (where i bought my glock from) http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ct&id=14956. But again im new to this sport so am not sure exactly how good/bad this weapon is?

Sorry for the length of this post, i personally hate long forum posts so i'll understand if yu dont wanna read it :P

Welcome :)

1. Not hard TBH its just 3 games in 2 months i believe??

2. Yes you can legaly use it becuase the VCR Act only affects the purchuse of RiFs

3. Its really up to you and your budget you really do get what you pay for in airsoft :)

Ah thanks.. so owning a rif isnt the illegal bit but buying it when not registered is.. okay :)

And okay.. lets say my budget was around £200 (obvo i cud get attatchments etc when the money comes in)

And also i'll just say that mp5 particually caught my eye coz i already own the battery it requires and the charger :) (i used to have a cheapy m4 that broke :( )

And after them 3 games in 2 months is that it? or do yu have to do something every year to renew it or w.e?

Erm yer i think you need to renew it every year

As for the gun 9 times out of 10 they come with batts anyway so dw about that

Have alook at these --->> http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Assault-Rif...ric_B2107H.aspx

You can get these when your have your licence to kill... erm i mean purchuse RiFs :)

• Supporters

have to maintain site membership.

beign UKARA registered is free, but most sites make it so you have to be a member and being a member costs (£40-£60 a year)

also, as far as MP5's go, I would reccomend a Classic army sportline, they come with everything needed to get going and are around £150 mark, leaving £50 to spend on some goggles, camo etc.

Ah right but thats site dependant?

And yh i saw them on wolfarmouries but its like it seemed to good to be true if yu get me?

Yh i've searched for reviews of them on youtube and they seem alright i spose.. i liked the one i posted above coz of the large battery and the flash light(which i suppose isnt necisary and is pos why its more expensive? altho i think 2 out of 3 sites that are near me are indoor cqb so it may be useful to have?)

Thanks for all yur help btw :)

• 1 month later...
Welcome :)

1. Not hard TBH its just 3 games in 2 months i believe??

its 3 games in no less than 2 months, but you dont have to be ukara to buy, loads now accept

the site membership number as thats whats required to be ukara registered

and loads of the clone guns work as well as the big makers, just have to watch out fo rthe FPS they kick out to site limits, but the sportsline range are good value/quality

Archived