bulldog b500a1 is it ok for cqb????

fatninja32
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nope, nope, thrice nope. It is at best a backyard plinker, it is not a skirmishable gun as you will find it will disintegrate quite quickly. To play at an airsoft site, you are looking to spend £120-£150 on a skirmishable airsoft gun, not £50.

Hi I was just wondering of the bulldog b500a1 would be ok for playing games at a cqb site, fps rules are max 350fps, single fire only.

any response would be great thanks.

It would probably be _allowed_,. however you'll sure to get some funny looks, many wont feel it if you hit them and the gun will fall apart.

I take it you're on a budget. the G&G combat machine is the cheapest "skirmishable" gun you can get. http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm16_carbine_transparent.html (call the store about the FPS, they are very helpful)

oh and don't go cheap on the BBs either, it will just destroy the mag/hop?/piston/barrel.

thanks for the reply's, the only reason I have this gun because I got it on a major discount for £20, I wouldn't mind getting a g&g rifle its just atm im not a member at an airsoft site so I carnt purchase a full black weapon

Most airsoft shops will two-tone your gun for £10 or £15, or if you go airsofting three times within a year (and you're 18+) then you can get your UKARA defence and buy RIFs (realistic looking guns)

Don't get the Bulldog, and don't buy from sites with 'BBguns' in their name like JBBG! They are really bad.

I would strongly recommend a G&G Combat Machine too, they are the most affordable and best value guns for a beginner.

Hope this helps.

just like to point out to the guy that called me a teen that bbguns have possessed, the reason I came here is because I didn't know also this isn't my first gun, I have a 2toned l96 sniper that iv been using for the past year and now is looking for an aeg to use for my local cqb as my last site I went has closed and I carnt use a sniper at 500fpS for cqb, my budget is around the £100 mark and dont mind a 2tone gun as I paint them later on.

• Supporters

just like to point out to the guy that called me a teen that bbguns have possessed, the reason I came here is because I didn't know also this isn't my first gun, I have a 2toned l96 sniper that iv been using for the past year and now is looking for an aeg to use for my local cqb as my last site I went has closed and I carnt use a sniper at 500fpS for cqb, my budget is around the £100 mark and dont mind a 2tone gun as I paint them later on.

If you have bought the bulldog and haven't used it then send it back and get your money back. If you have oh dear never mind. It'll be a piece of pap, you will find yourself outranged/and outgunned by almost everyone. You get what you pay for, so save your pennies until you have enough for something atleast half decent rather than the bulldog breaking and you have to shell out for a better gun anyway.

You should be looking for something reputable from a decent source. Anything from a shop with BBGUNZ or any variation on that theme should be avoided (as should Special airsoft supplies but that is an unrelated issue). What they call their pro guns are lower spec than most budget guns but for double (or more) the price they are worth. G&G have a great reputation for budget guns, ICS/G&P are also good but tend to be a bit more expensive.

As for your last sentence of the post I have quoted. "I paint them later on" I would hope you do that ONLY if you are over 18 and (EDIT Struck through as my understanding of this detail was incorrect so just the second part of the problem) have a valid defence.

From what I have read those criteria are not being filled as you are buying two tone guns in the first place. In which case you are breaking the law by painting them black without a defence ( you are manufacturing a RIF), if you wish to understand how to go about buying/using airsoft kit please check the information in the UK law pages on the forum before you get arrested.

• Supporters

As for something reputable, but make sure you have proof of age and a defence ready if you want it black, OR proof of age and a bit of extra money for the two toning services. (btw buying a gun under age means you and the company have broken the law, same goes with buying a RIF without a defence, you are inciting someone else to commit a criminal offence)

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm_16_carbine_combat_machine_.html

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/G_G_M4_Series.html

• Supporters

being over 18 has no bearing on painting a gun, only having a defence, sale is restricted by age - manufacture is not.

as for a decent gun with a budget of £100:

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm16_carbine_transparent.html

boom.

do not buy a bulldog, or double eagle, or well, or any other piece of two tone arse from justbbguns or any of the other sites of that ilk, they're all rubbish.

thanks for the reply's, the only reason I have this gun because I got it on a major discount for £20, I wouldn't mind getting a g&g rifle its just atm im not a member at an airsoft site so I carnt purchase a full black weapon

The link I posted is half transparent so you can purchase it, and it doesn't look as bad as that thing.

• Supporters

As a responsible forum we obviously do not recommend breaking the law, however it certainly isn't irresponsible to point out that the Association of Chief Police Officers recently stated that the law as it stands, the VCRA, is unenforcible, thus nobody will be getting arrested for manufacturing an RIF out of a two-tone, be they 18, 8, a regular skirmisher, an escaped lunatic, or a person with an interest in skirmishing but not enough of one to be bothered with UKARA...

As intelligent human beings, most of us are aware that two-toning, UKARA registration, and the relevant section of the VCRA combine to produce a pile of shit, however the sad truth is that for the moment it is a legal pile of shit, so we must live with it as a hurdle in the process between becoming interested in airsoft and actually airsofting. We do not have to go out of our way to show respect for it, neither in letter nor spirit, nor do we have to talk it up as more serious than it actually is.

On the subject of transparent guns and completely unrelated to my comments above, you may be interested to know that if you take them apart and spray clear parts with any old cheap black paint, then when any black paint you spray the outside with gets scratched, it will not show. Those guns manufactured from orange or green plastic however are real bastards to turn into an RIF without significant money's worth of varnish and, if for no other reason, should be avoided like the plague. Obviously some brightly coloured guns are just painted and these are your best bet, because the paint can be removed very nicely without damaging anything simply by coating in Fairy Power Spray and leaving overnight.

TBH, renting 3 times to get a UKARA number so you can just buy the bloody guns the way you want them is easier than messing about with paint IMO, but hey ho, what do i know?

this

Just to clear up the generalisations. Web sites with BBguns in the title aren't all evil, they just are not aimed at airsofters. Most of the guns they sell are aimed and designed for backyard plinking and are completely unsuitable for airsoft. They do sometimes have a few guns that are worth looking at, the problem being that until you know what to look for, you won't be able to tell what's suitable and what isn't. It is therefore best to just avoid them.

JustBBguns however are evil and have gained a reputation for ripping people off and poor customer service.

• Supporters

thanks for all the help I will more than likely go with the g&g once again sorry for any trouble iv caused

Don't ever apologise for asking questions. We all had to start somewhere! :)

• Supporters

+1 to the above - the forum is here for us all to share our experiences, thoughts, etc. Questions help keep us alive.

Oh yeah, and a mate of mine's sister's boyfriend's mate caught aids off some site with bbguns in the name. They are evil.

Oh yeah, and a mate of mine's sister's boyfriend's mate caught aids off some site with bbguns in the name. They are evil.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

I got an HFC MK23 Socom off a site with BB guns in the title, it arrived in 24hrs, works perfectly and was only £45 and it's awesome. However if I hadn't known what I was looking for, it would have been very easy to buy something pretty useless.

thanks for all the help I will more than likely go with the g&g once again sorry for any trouble iv caused

Don't be, that's what forums are here for! Everyone on here, no matter how experienced and knowledgeable some of us are, all started somewhere. I'm not exactly new but I don't really know a lot and the guys on here are really friendly and helpful.

First guns I ever owned were from JBBG and they're not bad if you want guns for shooting targets or something but I would never buy any expensive guns from them. Unfortunately I don't get to take my airsoft replicas outside into my garden much because it's kinda small and shit, plus all the neighbours can see into it, so I just use an orange £20 thing most of the time.

• Supporters

I got an HFC MK23 Socom off a site with BB guns in the title, it arrived in 24hrs, works perfectly and was only £45 and it's awesome. However if I hadn't known what I was looking for, it would have been very easy to buy something pretty useless.

You should still get an aids test :lol:

You should still get an aids test :lol:

You only need an aids test if you let them F*ck you :D

Archived