Want to buy two tone guns but cant find a decent site ! :(

krzysiek55pl
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there guys name's Chris/Kristof

I am polish and i live in this great country for 8 years now.

I love air soft and i have been doing it before i moved to this country and recently i found few airsoft locations not far from where i live.

Me, my father and group of mates are really interested to start airsoft here but.......

There is a problem i didn't know that there is a UKARA law in this country and that i have to play with a two tone gun for 2 months untill i can get a license to buy RiF which i really want

but i cant find any decent uk stores that do have a great selection of two toned guns

can anyone help me and give me a link for an online store that sells two tone guns or they paint the guns you buy

any help would be very appreciated

I would do that mate but that comes out very expensive i wanted to buy a cheap two tone gun just for few games so that i can get this bloody license.

I found 3 two toned guns here are the links which on of these 3 you think is the best buy for now ? :)

g36

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-D68-G36-AEG-Full-auto-Airsoft-BB-Gun-.html

M4

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-D3809-M4-fully-auto-Airsoft-gun-in-orange.html

Bulldog (looks m4_ish)

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Bulldog-B500A1-AEG-Electric-BB-Gun-Airsoft-Rifle.html

You think these guns would be worth getting until i get the license and can get a real airsoft ? :D

All three of those guns are awful. In fact, pretty much everything on that website is terrible and I wouldn't take it near any airsoft game.

Even if those guns weren't rubbish you'd be wasting your money buying them instead of renting anyway. Rental for three games would end up being £30-£45 depending on where you play. Those guns you're looking at are £60 before postage and you'd be lucky to sell any of them on for £20. So it's the same price, or thereabouts, to rent for three games and you'd be playing with far better guns.

If you really insist on buying two tone guns then pretty much every decent airsoft retailer online in this country sells their guns with the option of being two toned for an additional price.

I hate to say it pal but these guns won't be too suitable for skirmishing . Your best bet is to buy a G&G Combat machine about double but they will be more than suitable for airsoft and they can be easily two toned and un two toned after you get your defence (not license , there is about as much use as a tesco club card ~Ian Gere)

Combat machine have good gearboxes which unlike the Bulldog and DE will not destroy themselves in a horrible gooey mess.

They also will have parts easily available meaning that should it break many techs can fix it and the parts are cheap.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums.

• Supporters

I would do that mate but that comes out very expensive i wanted to buy a cheap two tone gun just for few games so that i can get this bloody license.

I found 3 two toned guns here are the links which on of these 3 you think is the best buy for now ? :)

g36

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-D68-G36-AEG-Full-auto-Airsoft-BB-Gun-.html

M4

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-D3809-M4-fully-auto-Airsoft-gun-in-orange.html

Bulldog (looks m4_ish)

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Bulldog-B500A1-AEG-Electric-BB-Gun-Airsoft-Rifle.html

You think these guns would be worth getting until i get the license and can get a real airsoft ? :D

Those three guns: BIG no no.

The best thing to do is skirmish for two months and obtain your license. The rental guns will perform better than those piles of crap. You won't regret it.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.

I hate to say it pal but these guns won't be too suitable for skirmishing . Your best bet is to buy a G&G Combat machine about double but they will be more than suitable for airsoft and they can be easily two toned and un two toned after you get your defence (not license , there is about as much use as a tesco club card ~Ian Gere)

Combat machine have good gearboxes which unlike the Bulldog and DE will not destroy themselves in a horrible gooey mess.

They also will have parts easily available meaning that should it break many techs can fix it and the parts are cheap.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums.

I disagree slightly. I spent £85 on a WELL MP5SD to get me through the initial 2 months. At £20 a game rental for 6 weeks, it paid for itself. That said, it would not be a long term investment. The question is whether you would want to spend the money now on a decent gun and then have it possibly not perfect after removing the paint or buy a cheap 2 tone to use for the 2 months before getting a decent gun.

The cheap WELL guns do actually have reasonable gearboxes. They have plastic bushings which will fail eventually but they are all metal gearboxes otherwise. They are a little underpowered, my MP5SD manages 250-270fps but it shoots well enough for CQB.

At the end of the 2 months you will want to retire the cheap guns and buy something better. Mine is only for lending to friends who want to try airsoft and for practice at disassembing so I don't ruin my decent MP5 now. The general concensus will be not to buy cheap 2 tones, but I do not regret doing things this way. Having said that, I do use an indoor site, outdoors the WELL guns may not be up to the job due to the distances involved.

• Supporters

I would personally advise against getting a two tone and wait till you have your UKARA number, I have just been through the process myself and was really tempted to get a two tone but I am glad I waited now.

Waiting for the time to pass reminds me of that bit in the Simpsons where Homer is waiting for his gun license, but the time passes a lot quicker than you think. Not to mention depending on your social lives you may not get a chance to do more than 3 games in just over 2 months.

To be honest now i think that buying the two toned g36 i linked above would be a good idea just for my self because the rentals arent cheap and my dad would have to pay for me and himself which would add up to a high sum when going couple times.

I guess i ll just have to live with the weak g36 for few games till i get my license

One thing I've noticed if people find it very hard to sell 2-tones - but the net result is you can buy them cheap if you're willing to risk the second hand adds here and else where.

Having said that I'm another who thinks it's false economy unless you're going to be playing lots in your first two months (after all it's just 3 sessions in 2 months and 1 day+ at your pet site).

Note some sites that are tied to stores allow pre-UKARA registered players to place a 100% deposit on a RIF, then they look after it and bring it to their events for the player. Once registered the player then had take the gun away with them.

Nah, that's a waste of money. You'll find that any website with a name like "justBBguns" or "BBguns4less" or something similar will be trying to sell you cheap pieces of shite while convincing you that they're the best things ever made. Avoid them like the plague and go with reputable sellers that wont try and rip you off.

If you want my recommendation (and you'll find a lot of us here share this opinion) I would advise against buying any two-tone gun, they look ugly and you'll never use it again once you get a RIF. Seriously, just hire guns from your skirmish site until you can get on the UKARA database and then once you can easily buy RIFs, get a Combat Machine, its the perfect beginners gun. Any rifle under £100 is probably crap, you get what you pay for.

Also it's important to note that there is no 'UKARA law' and that having a UKARA number is absolutely NOT a license, it's just a retailers association.

As Ian-Gere once said:

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card"

But i cant play on the rentals my dad will not pay 40 quid for a rental cause he will have to pay for himself and me and yeah i know that this site is a load of shite but what can i do i had no idea I only found out today that there is this bullshit of a law in here UKARA i was going to buy a much better gun socom mk23 green gas pistol from poland cause it came out buying it cheaper there than here but i cant cause its not painted and i would not be allowed to use although i am 18 just dont have the license :L

forgot to mention i can only buy a gun maximum £60 for the start i will be able to get a better one after i get the license cause i will have the money by then :LLL

£40 to hire a gun? Where is that?

Also, I'd still recommend just hiring but I don't want to see you get ripped off and end up buying a turd that'll break in 5 minutes so if you really are dead-set on getting a two tone, I'd recommend http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/ they'll two tone any gun for free and if you get an AEG they'll give you a free skirmish voucher.

• Supporters

Again, you'll regret purchasing and playing with that gun, it'll be outperformed by the rentals. You could buy yourself some good gear with that money, but If you think it's necessary to purchase that, then by all means, go ahead.

Even if you don't rent a gun at whichever site you attend you will still be paying the 'walk on' fee of £15-20 plus you ammo, so renting for 3 games will not work out any more expensive in real terms as you will have ammo and walk on fee within the cost than buying any of those awful guns you have listed which probably won't even last 3 days of play

Sit down and do the maths, it's simple, you'll only get frustrated using crap guns with no range and having you arse handed to you every week you play

Oh and it's NOT a license!

I was going to buy this for a start i had this gun back in the days when i was doing airsoft in poland loved it to bits

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152194672-SOCOM-MK23.html

I have one of these, they are epic.

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/airsoft-pistols/hfc-hg-302-mk23-airsoft-gas-pistol.html#.UtD-B9JdW0Q

The HFC ones are actually just a 2 tone version of the ASG. The ASG version is usually about £10 more expensive and the 2 tone on this is actually quite nice. If you feel you can skirmish with just a pistol, this might be a good solution as it will remain a perfectly viable gun you can use after you get UKARA registration sorted.

UKARA is not a licence btw, its just a database the retailers use to ensure they don't break the law by selling to someone who isn't an airsofter.

Rental costs normally include walk on fee and often amo as well - £40 rental is more £20 walk on plus ~1-3000 rounds and loan of gun and mask, so it's really only £20 rental including free amo.

so do i get this UkARA if i go 3 times within the 2 months 100% ???

To get yourself a UKARA registration you need to:

1. play at least 3 games over a period of no less than 2 months at a UKARA registered site.
  2. Once you've done that, fill in a UKARA player regestration form (that you can find here http://www.ukara.org.uk/Players-Skirmish-Validation-Form.pdf) and get the site you've been playing at to put their stamp on it and fill in the rest.
  3. Post off the form to a UKARA registered retailer, and they'll put you on the database and give you a UKARA number
  4. Now you've got your number, you can use this to buy RIFs

Archived