Flash Magazines

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Flash mags only exist because no spring or indeed the magazine case is long enough to support that many bbs.

If you want midcaps, just get midcaps. They are what they are.

A flash mag midcap is trying to find a solution to a problem that never existed.

You could always buy flash mags and mod them with a stopper plate so it can only hold about 120 bbs.

That seems like your only solution IMO.

Whats wrong with a speed loader? Yes it's 30 clicks roughly per mag but its a reliable system and doesnt take much time.

• Supporters

As for speedloaders, King Arms are the way forward.

I have a flash mag to use when I use my main weapon as a support weapon, otherwise its low and mid-caps now... makes for a more realistic airsoft game in my humble opinion....

I agree its more realistic, but only if all players are restricted. Fighting a player with a high cap using a low cap is not realistic and puts the low cap player at a definite disadvantage.

Also, a hit from a 5.56mm bullet tends to put the player out of the game, where as a hit from a single 6mm BB is often ignored, either deliberately or because its minimal impact is not felt through clothing.

In this way a 30 bullet mag of 5.56 could take thirty people out where as 30 BBs might only take a few players out.

I find that many players need a few hits to make them put their hand up at long range and the drop off of BBs even with hop up make the Airsoft gun less effective/accurate.

Of course, one could argue that winding a high cap is more realistic in that it simulates the time it takes to reload and puts the player in harms way, unprotected, in the same way.

Its nice to have the option and I will be getting some low or mids in due course.

• Supporters

^^That's only if you let a hicap wind down a lot though, eh? When I use them I wind them a few turns after every group of shots / couple of bursts, so they stay wound tight all the time - just in case I have to freak right out jammed trigger stylee :lol:

Archived