Fitting an m4 stock to an AK

Whitt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

^^why not?

My supplier only has the ak I mentioned or the LCT 104nv ,I'm not going through the hassle of importing it , plus the tx is out of my price range.

I had the CM039U for about a year. Had a 9.6v stick battery under the top cover, which fitted fine. I did change the wiring slightly and move the connectors to the rear end of the gun so the battery slid forwards more, made it easier to connect with my large sausage like fingers. Funnily enough I got it from Taiwan gun and had it downgraded to 310 fps. They are absolutely fine as they are. I put a good few thousand rounds through it as it was. The only thing I had go wrong was the motor, which shorted itself. Apart from that she was hot to trot. Good rate of fire and good range. No they are not the "best" of the cyma range, but you will be very happy with the result of buying one, getting it downgraded and go shooting, as that is about all you need to do.

(unless you feel the need to tinker, in which case it will probably sit on your table for 6 months and never be as good as it did out of the box)

( I have also had a couple of 028's, an 040D and a 052 as well, as I like AK's, but change my mind a lot :) )

question is to i faf about with a CM040D and put a stock on it or do i just get an LCT 104NV ?

Also what rails would be compatible with these? i wont my end product to look like that tactical beta project ak

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/cyma-ak-tactical-lower-aluminum-handguard-rail.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/cyma-ak74-gas-tube-top-rail-c-07-1.html#.UsVwSvRdWD8

• Supporters

TBH, as much as I love CYMA AK's, if you can afford it then get the LCT - the quality of the externals will be better, it will resist accidental damage due to novice tinkering better, and it should shoot nearly as well, if not as well, as a CYMA OOTB, however it will continue to shoot as well as it does for ages, whereas the CYMA will deteriorate after maybe a year of hard skirmishing (or so I've been led to believe - I started tinkering with mine pretty much straight after its 1st skirmish). What do you reckon, Shep?

The rails you've picked should both fit either and they both clamp to the barrel so that should eliminate wobble/rattle, however since the lower rail doesn't have a peg to fit into the barrel base assembly, all the weight of anything you attach is always on the barrel. That is not necessarily a problem and of course the barrel fits into the barrel base assembly anyway, but it may put a strain on a little bit of pot metal shaped to lock the barrel in place with a bolt situated far enough from the pressure point that a crack is not unfeasible (on a CYMA - dunno about the LCT => I sent mine back b/c it was a turd*). That said, the barrel lock I mentioned does fit into a slot in the barrel base assembly so it is supported - it could well be perfectly fine.

Another option however is this:

MK-47.jpg

...which may need a tweak with a file or Dremmel to fit a CYMA or LCT.

IMO it's the most badass looking of the available options.

There is also a CYMA version, but I can't find one in the UK currently, and I haven't been able to find that part which goes above the top cover made by CYMA except on a gun (and I forget where). The forward piece is made to take the rear rail though definitely - I have one => they are a bit of a pig to fit rattle free / I use Blu Tac inside the barrel base assembly peg slot and around a shaped nut which attaches the forward part.

*See the Review Section for my full description - basically it was a body kit with any old internals slapped in by the retailer and sold as an LCT gun, rather than an actual LCT assembled gun.

Edit: aha, knew I'd seen one more recently -

jg_ris_x47_01_01.jpg£58 posted from dualdealshop on fleabay

TBH, as much as I love CYMA AK's, if you can afford it then get the LCT - the quality of the externals will be better, it will resist accidental damage due to novice tinkering better, and it should shoot nearly as well, if not as well, as a CYMA OOTB, however it will continue to shoot as well as it does for ages, whereas the CYMA will deteriorate after maybe a year of hard skirmishing (or so I've been led to believe - I started tinkering with mine pretty much straight after its 1st skirmish). What do you reckon, Shep?

I said to Whitt via PM. I use my AK's till they break, or I get bored, sell them, then regret it 6 months later! The 039U I had I put about 15,000 rounds through it before the motor shorted out, £20 later I put another 15k through it before I sold it. My 040D was second or 3rd hand before I got it and I did naff all to it before I sold it a year later apart from shooting lots of bb's though it. I have dropped them onto concrete (sling point broke), ran into trees, lent them to idiots and chucked them in the boot of my car at the end of the day. Yes the quality of the external on an LCT will be better, but for bang for buck you can't beat a downgraded cyma :)

....now I want another one...damn you all

• Supporters

Are these rails designed to combine with a rear, side mount rail, to create a near full length, monolithic style set?

'Cos that could be pretty nice.

• Supporters

Oh wow it sits way further back than I thought it would.

It does look beast though, agreed.

It should be in theory three pieces so the cyma lower rail can be mixed with it , but ideally i want it to look like the beta project ak

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question which AK is closest to real steel externally ? i had heard the the LCT ak104 NV has screws and pins unlike the CYMA and VFC which is closer to real steel.

• Supporters

Real Sword. Hands down. Then LCT.

However, Concern Kalashnikov, Izhmash, are due to start full scale production of an airsoft AK-74 in July, so that'll probably be the one to have.

I'm not sure that rs does an ak-104 from what I've heard

Dboys closest replica to vfc better externals compared to cyma

Vfc best overall impossible to get

CYMA decent clone of vfc better internally than dboys worse externally

LCT best externally , however I had heard they use grub screws instead of pins in places unlike the vfc/dboi

• Supporters

Yeah RS don't technically do any AK, they do Type 56's, but they are exactly 1:1 scale using the same production processes as real Type 56's / AK's. You didn't say AK-104 though, you just said AK...

I've just bought a CYMA CM.048 and I can tell you that, externally, there are no grub screws or other screws on the metalwork - there's the one on the bottom of the pistol grip, 2 bolts hold the stock to the receiver and, like the real steel, 2 screws hold the butt plate on. But that's their VFC clone, not a TM clone which most of their guns are. I believe that the CM.047D will be the same as mine - I'm not impressed with the feel of the pistol grip, but the receiver pins and rivets compare favourably with LCT.

Archived