DayZ Stand alone

AirsoftTed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was playing alone on an empty server looting the north west airfield, about 5 minutes later i see and hear a hail of gunfire surrounding me (literally) and died. Checked the player list and within five minutes, 12 people with the same clan tag had joined and decided to be complete dicks. I had probably the best gear i could want aswell!

Apart from it mainly being pvp at the moment, I honestly think this game is great considering it is in Early Alpha, i just really wish the vehicles and weapons update would hurry!

If anyone would like to play with me, add my steam:

CaptainDumbass

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

You guys heard about Dean Hall stepping down?

I reckon its set up, him running away like a douche is attracting alot of attention from other devs and coders out there, someone better and well known will replace him i guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Rocket actually said he wouldn't be staying on the DayZ project quite a while ago, although it shows how terrible he is at communicating given I wasn't aware of that and I have been following development quite heavily.

At the end of the day, as long as the beta is ready towards the end of the year as promised and heavy progress is made and its an overall amazing game, ill be happy!

• Supporters

At the moment its shocking .. I spent a couple of hours yesterday searching around Cherno and found nothing eventually dying of starvation, not even a zombie was seen ....

• Supporters

Del Monty, that's because zombies and loot only respawn on server start at the moment, and with Cherno being a popular city, despite it's size, it gets picked clean within an hour or so after restart. Try again on a server that's not been up as long, you'll have more luck finding stuff.

I tend to avoid Cherno and Elektro and search the smaller nearby towns for basic food, water and maybe medical supplies, then head to the military buildings either up north or in Cherno for a basic weapon, before going to the airfields for a bit of action.

• Supporters

There's an Arma 3 version of the DayzMod Breaking Point available. I'm going to check it out today as it looks pretty good, although I didn't rate the Arma2 version.

Update: Had a little play around and it looks pretty promising so far, Stratis, Altis and Thirsk are available as maps. There are way more zombies than DayZ SA and there is already a massive amount of guns, plus it has a pretty solid medical system and gunshots will kill you pretty sharpish.

I will be playing this today and tomorrow if anyone is interested in teaming up, although I will say now I won't team with you for long if you get in a flap and start screaming "he's behind a bush/rock" like a lot of DayZ players like to ;)

Guest PT247

I love this game, I am shockingly bad at it and keep getting killed by bandits or falling off ladders lol.

This was my last characters loadout:

1972254_10151944513956820_635463433_n_zp

And here is my current loadout:

1617705_10151945496301820_1492812066_o_z

Guest PT247

If anyone wants a DayZ velcro patch for their airsoft shirts, I am getting these made up as we speak:

dayz_zpsa91d7c8c.jpg

Will be selling them for £9.50 delivered once they arrive and when they are gone they are gone :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Last time I gave a blood transfusion, the person I gave it to died, and then I died shortly after.

Did you check you had matching blood types before hand? You also need to make sure your character is fed enough and given enough drink to bring them up to a healthy status, then you regenerate blood far quicker.

• Supporters

Did you check you had matching blood types before hand? You also need to make sure your character is fed enough and given enough drink to bring them up to a healthy status, then you regenerate blood far quicker.

It wasn't even my choice of a transfusion, some guys decided they would shoot me unless I helped them. When they took my blood and gave it to their friend, he died, so they got annoyed and killed me.

• 1 month later...

I'll get in on this once I get it re-installed. Couldn't run it on my old laptop so haven't had a chance to play it yet, and noone I know really plays it, so it'd be good to have some people to play with (When I'm not playing CS:GO or Shogun 2, anyway).

I played some DayZ clone on Xbox (Named ApocZ) with a friend for a bit, so I guess that gives me a tiny bit of zombie survival experience. Can't be too bad in a group, right? Although some stories I've read of people's experience with groups of dudes going around cuffing them and forcefeeding them bleach sounds...brutal. Maybe we could do that kind of outlandish crap?

PM me to add me on Steam, anyway. I should have DayZ installed soon-ish.

Guest PT247

The kill on sight bandits are currently ruining the game, hoping they will eventually bug out and go play COD as they have no imagination for the game.... I'd rather be held up, handcuffed and force fed poison than be shot with no warning by a prick with a sniper and no microphone (or no warning). I play as a survivalist but will not kill on sight unless I believe them to have tried shooting me previously.

The kill on sight bandits are currently ruining the game, hoping they will eventually bug out and go play COD as they have no imagination for the game.... I'd rather be held up, handcuffed and force fed poison than be shot with no warning by a prick with a sniper and no microphone (or no warning). I play as a survivalist but will not kill on sight unless I believe them to have tried shooting me previously.

That's a good way to play. I had a little session earlier and I got into the habit of tracking people and following them for ages to see if they slip up by themselves so I can swoop in and scavenge what they drop. Works well-ish, doesn't work so well when they log out (Especially annoying when they logout just before they die).

When I used to play, if in the rare event I saw someone, I'd make them see me first and see how they react to me trying to talk to them. Usually idiots who shoot you on sight, so they get shot back. Its especially frustrating when all you want to do is help them!

Guest PT247

Am currently playing Arma 2 to try learn the art of combat a lil better to give me greater chance against bandits

Archived