TM MP7A1 Suitability

Des431
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking for my first AirSoft gun and stumbled across the TM MP7A1. I love it. However I am under 16 and there aren't any CQB sites near me that would let me in and I've only play woodland so far (about 4 times).

So I was wondering whether seeing as it has a low mag capacity (even high cap is only 120 rounds) and a small battery whether it is suitable or at least usable for woodland use. Also I've heard it's affective range can be up to 150 feet, is this true and decent for woodland?

If anyone owns a TM MP7A1 and has experience of using the gun in a woodland skirmish I would love to here what you think :)

Thank you.

I havent used the MP7 but I know that it's an SMG so is very short and has a short barrel, which would make it less accurate over the long distances of woodland combat. I think it might only be suitable for CQB.

Well TBH it really depends on the site i mean my site is soo think the avrage engadgement distance can only be about 50 feet so a MP5 or in this case a MP7 couls still hold its own

• AF-UK Founding Member

If you really want it then just get it, what it lacks for in how well it does will hopefully be made up by the fact you love it so much. You can always be the one to rush in etc rather than trying long range stuff with it.

I'm now confident that the range and accuracy of this gun won't let me down. However I'm still unsure about the magazine capacity and battery size.

I've only used AirSoft guns with magazines of 300+ rounds and am worried on how fast I'd use up the ammo AND battery. How long can the battery last seeing as the gun will only take a 7.4V?

• AF-UK Founding Member

120 round for a high cap, as long as you have a few you'll be fine imo.

Is it a large or small type 7.2v? I assume you meant 7.2v anyways since a 7.4v would be a LiPo.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I remember noticing this before actually come to think about it but haven't actually seen one, is it not a NiMh or what? I don't see how it can be when each cell is 1.2v.. the maths doesn't work out :lol:

• AF-UK Founding Member

Yup well that's 7.2v, so not really sure where the 7.4v has come from, anyways I take it that it sort of slots in as it appears to not have a wired connection, which means you will want more than 1 as you won't be able to buy 1 single high capacity battery.

• Supporters

yup.

But you are still going to get 1000 rounds through it (or 9 high caps) before you need to change it.

also, on a more related note than we have been discussing for the past few posts, I have seen people use MP7's to reasonable effect in woodland, yes, you have to be closer than most people, but really, if you keep your barrel spotless and a decent hop-up bucking and chamber in good nick, you are going to be fine.

at the end of the day, you still have a weapon so can still take on enemies, even if it means waiting a bit longer for one of them to run past you :P

Woah thanks for the great response guys! Yes sorry for the typo, the battery is in fact a 7.2V Micro EX as in the picture a few posts above. So 1mah will do 2 shots? Thanks for the info, it'll really help in the future :D

Again thanks for the response guys, it's really helped me decide what first gun to buy :)

On a side note, some may have seen a thread a put up a while ago about making a Half-Life 2 City 18 Rebel outfit for AirSofting. Of course this is the SMG from Half-Life 2 so would serve beautifully along with the costume I'm making (which is coming along well). I'll put up pictures once it's completed :)

My Tm MP7A1 is awesome, had the 9ball upgrade kit with a special custom seal on the hop chamber, made by myself!!!!

Mine knocks out 310fps and has more range than most in the field... The hop on them is brilliant!!

I use mine all the time, batteries are a little on the small side for game length, but you can get 2 batteries in a single pistol mag pouch, i carry 4 with 4 hicaps and i can make the 4 batteries last me the whole day easily...

Once you ahve a top nottch inner barrel you'll be whooping Arse!!!!

Martin

Archived