Two Tone Whats The Point ?

lukeyboy96
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know most of you have read the title and thought what a stupid question.

Well yes i know it is because people were stupid with RIFS before the UKARA came in.

Just think how easy it would be for a two tone gun to be bought and change the parts to make it a RIF and there you go it looks real and you could do anything you wanted.

Yes it is illegal but who is stopping you. You could easily buy a two tone pistol and buy a new slide for and then you have a RIF.

You do not have to be registered to buy a new slide so think how easy it is to convert it.

Please inform me if it is a stupid question.

But its just my opinion

??????

Well the same thing that stops you changing it from a TT to a RiF is the same thing that stops you mugging someone... or Robbing a bank... its ageinst the law..

There is no legal way around it... its there for a reason to stop idiots useing them for a differnt purpose

I am sorry to be up front but stop your bitching and live with it

If your perpeard to risk a crimical recored just because you wanted a nicer looking gun then be my guest and change it

Or you could do what other poeple do and wait till you registered and buy one legalily

Thanks

Jack

Well the same thing that stops you changing it from a TT to a RiF is the same thing that stops you mugging someone... or Robbing a bank... its ageinst the law..

There is no legal way around it... its there for a reason to stop idiots useing them for a differnt purpose

I am sorry to be up front but stop your bitching and live with it

If your perpeard to risk a crimical recored just because you wanted a nicer looking gun then be my guest and change it

Or you could do what other poeple do and wait till you registered and buy one legalily

Thanks

Jack

Thanks I wasnt saying about me doing it i am not bothered about my two tone's.

But what i am saying is that how easy it is to convert into a RIF.

I know it is breaking the law but it is so easy to break.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Nothing really, unfortunately. However if somehow is going to go through the hassle of doing all that just to intimidate someone in a mugging or something like that, then it won't be long before the police are onto it, and they are going to receive an extra bollocking for having turned it into an RIF.

Nothing really, unfortunately. However if somehow is going to go through the hassle of doing all that just to intimidate someone in a mugging or something like that, then it won't be long before the police are onto it, and they are going to receive an extra bollocking for having turned it into an RIF.

All that I wanted to say was that I think the UKARA is not a very good law as it is easy to break.

I am happy with my two tone's even though I have to wait another four years to be registered :angry:

If it is that easy to do a conversion the future of Airsoft is DOOMED !!!

you could also spray it but i think they are also putting some trust in people to use the guns for their real purpose but i do see what your saying and yes it would be easy to change,i have to admitt i was amazed when i started up using airsoft guns again 2 days ago and bought a CZ75D compact CO2 pistol and they took my details like when i bought my first air rifle.

Which it illegal unless you have a Licence

wasnt saying do it was just making a point that yes you could change the looks but there isnt really a way to stop that so theyre relying on people to use them properly.........

Yes im with lukeboy. Im 26 ive played this for real in iraq, i own a paintball gun wich in my opinion does more damage and that is a milsim.

The only thing that gives it away is the feed and you could remove that so you could not tell at a glance and yet no licence is need and i know which id prefer to be on the recieving end of if i had a shoot out with an airsoft gun.

Im kinda lucky i brought an m16 before licence came in so i have a gun but id really like to have a co2 blow back pistol before my next game (final game for licence) next sunday but i cant.

Do you think it would be worth buying a 2 tone blow back pistol then spraying after licence has come through? would it 1 look ok and 2 would it be more costly overall?

mind you its the idiots out their that have caused this and is a step to put these people off but applying for a shot gun licence costs you less overall that getting your airsoft licence with gun hire etc. £55 pound for shottie licence same again for a used gun safe and £200 for the shot gun!

Kinda puts things into perspective!!!!!!

To be fair though the UKARA is really just proof that you are using the airsoft weapon for what it is intended. The people which do this will not carry their weapons in public and not use them in crime. The police were worried about dropping someone with an immitation weapon and therefore wanted to stop anybody buying them easily. If you only use your weapon on airsoft sites and keep it in a bag out of sight and store it safely at home and don't go brandishing it in public you will be fine.

You can't really compare UKARA with a shotgun certificate really as the shotgun/firearms cert is required to even carry the shotgun. UKARA is only needed to buy a RIF. Each shot gun serial number is on the cert so any crime can be traced back.

• Supporters

The point is too stop the minority from committing crimes with realistic looking firearms, and even little kids F(&^*** about as purchasing airsoft guns pre UKARA was too easy for under 18's, yes its a hassle for the REAL players but its the law and you cant change that.

I have to say, im still the noob here, havent even had my first skirmish yet, but folk will still acquire RIF's without UKARA, ive seen it.......big culprit? Seaside towns and the kooky shops they have there......only a few weeks ago while in Skegness, i could have purchased a gas MP5 PDW RIF........just as long as i was 18 im 36 BTW, but then i do get asked my age for cigarettes these days LOL.

I have to say, it was tempting, but whats the point in breaking the law, and hurting somebodies hobby further, plus, you really wouldnt want to zip around the backyard and in 10 mins have armed police at your door because a neighbour made that call huh?

Nah, itll be a nice two tone for me, the green grows on you after a bit.........OK, maybe not LOL.

lee

• Supporters

the trouble is, UKARA ISN'T a requirement when purchasing an RIF

to buy an RIF you need to be a PROVEN skirmisher and over 18, UKARA is just a way to check you are a proven skrimisher much like a site membership is, and also the other companies like ABA/AOBA/etc

However another argument is the little stores such as the one above described isnt actually going to check either!

you probably saved yourself a crap buy anyway! little shops aren't known to carry good stock! ;)

but never forget once your at a site playing theres nothing to stop you covering up the 2 tone with camo tape or a scarf etc just don't forget to take it off after the game :)

:lol: if someone got shot by the armed police trying to rob a bank or something with an airsoft gun it would serve them right for being such an idiot

haha love that!

I too havent had my first skirmish yet and am still trying to get my head around all this buisness.. i used to play paintball and never did i need a license to buy them guns.. and yu hear of people sticking bananas and other weird objects under paper bags or even using just their hands and thats enough to convince someone in a mugging yu have a gun... but yu dont need a licence to buy a banana? or a paintball gun?.. i mean for someone who hasnt fully taken up the sport yet (i do intend to when i ahve the money) its very off putting that yu have to go through so much to even own yur own peice of sporting equipment.. it seems like the government are trying to kill the sport while trying to look the hero kinda thing.

• Supporters

That is EXACLTY what they are trying to do. People just dont understand the hobby and get scared of it.

The problem is EVERYONE in this country is too scared of things they don't know about, things that look gun shaped and things they WANT to be scared of, by letting the press go apesh*t over things like this.

This doesn't just stop at airsofting either, it goes right into everything.

i meen if yur 18 yu can go buy a knife which WILL kill someone, no questions asked. Yet yu cant buy (in essence) a plastic gun that fires plastic pellets? i mean i kno yu cud do alot more damage with a gun than a knife and guns arent readily available under the microwave in a draw but, knifes are easier to buy, easier to hide, easier to cause damage with and yet they arent as restricted as airsoft guns

Yer but guns are more of a threat

Police can simply storm someone with a knife and get close enough to restrain them (as long as their wearing protection!)

But someone with a gun is a little more complicated......

yh i get that but its still a dangerous weapon.. and just to play devils advocate.. say some bank robbers had real guns.. and thought how can we make ourselves look like our guns are fake so teh police wont stop us on the way to the bank.. i kno lets do what airsofters have to do and paint half their gun in a bright colour.. so they jump in there car.. get pulled over by the police coz they have a broken tail light. they ask to look in the boot.. sees the paint, pressumes its an airsoft gun and the soon to be bank robber says yes it is.. police ###### off and they go on and rob the bank. ( i kno its far fetched but still )

• Supporters

Legalize weapons imo,

Example,

Car jacker has a gun, civilians don't, Car jacker takes the car.

Car Jacker has a gun, civilians have weapons also, Car jacker thinks twice.

:lol:

haha yes! every car shud come with a side arm as standard.. and thats before fancy extra's such as a/c lol.. or maybe.. at birth.. every child should be issued a firearm.. we cud build a warrior nation like the spartans. We could rebuild the british empire!

What makes me laugh is that you can legaly buy an air pistol that looks like the real thing with no licence, second hand or face to face at a forum or normal air gun shop and all they ask for is your name and address, no 2 tone, no special licence and no specific membership. go figure.

What makes me laugh is that you can legaly buy an air pistol that looks like the real thing with no licence, second hand or face to face at a forum or normal air gun shop and all they ask for is your name and address, no 2 tone, no special licence and no specific membership. go figure.

That is a very good point. Atleast i have found some people who understand what i am saying.

Thing is I agree with you guys it's a bit silly! But it's what's needed and instead of bringing the game down we may aswell stop bitching and crack on with it :D :D

I mean that in the nicest way. All I put it down to is that there are slot of people who play this game and a lot of rif in circulation compared to a air rifle (which could kill if ya got hit in the eye same as a paintball gun)

Let's all just get on with it have a two tone or wait a few months so we don't all run round with guns as coloufull as a tarts knickers.

Thing is I agree with you guys it's a bit silly! But it's what's needed and instead of bringing the game down we may aswell stop bitching and crack on with it :D :D

I mean that in the nicest way. All I put it down to is that there are slot of people who play this game and a lot of rif in circulation compared to a air rifle (which could kill if ya got hit in the eye same as a paintball gun)

Let's all just get on with it have a two tone or wait a few months so we don't all run round with guns as coloufull as a tarts knickers.

if you got hit in the eye youd probably go blind... not die.. jesus..

Archived