the laws?

elobire
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i wanted to start airsoft, but i have no idea what the laws are.

my main concern is that i am 16, are you allowed to own or use a airsoft gun at 16?

if anyone can clear this up, i would be greatfull

EDIT: found this thread

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=1746

says that my parents can buy me a two-tone gun, but i cant get a single tone untill i am 18?

that doesnt really bother me, i just want something that is fairly realistic, and not too dangerous.

can anyone point me to anywhere that i can buy a cheap gun?

2ND EDIT:

sorry, but found this:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Cyma-Berett...lt_ALB5H.aspx?0

would that be a good one for a starting point, i dont want anything too expensive (up to £35) or too powerfull, otherwise my parents wont buy me it. anyway, am i legaly able to buy that?

• Supporters
would that be a good one for a starting point, i dont want anything too expensive (up to £35) or too powerfull, otherwise my parents wont buy me it. anyway, am i legaly able to buy that?

if your looking to skirmish then £35 really isnt going to help at all,

you have 2 options really

1: Rent at a site until you have enough funds

2: Spend around £130 on a decent starter weapon.

if your looking to skirmish then £35 really isnt going to help at all,

you have 2 options really

1: Rent at a site until you have enough funds

2: Spend around £130 on a decent starter weapon.

thanks, where is the best place to get a starter weapon?

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Is this gun legal in the uk and will it get stopped by customs coming into the uk?

WE Baby Hi-Capa 3.8 (Type 8)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19681

Thanks

The Hi-Capa is legal in the UK.

Yes, it will get stopped by customs. As do all imitation firearms (realistic or not, it will get stopped)

Unless you have UKARA, or a UKARA'd importer (and a skirmish site who can back you up) you can kiss goodbye to your money and your Hi-Capa.

Not only will you have to deal with import tax (and any other custom duties) you'll have to pay ParcleFarce to give you your package.

Whilst you might appear to be making savings in the short term, trust me, you won't be. Order from a UK supplier.

Dang!!!

Thanks 4 telling me,

wow....You see i really want a full metal gun e.g. sniper....but all black and because of the UK laws '''the gun must be painted at least 50% brightly colored '' or something like that ....the only place i can get a full black BB gun from is the US or another country..

If you know of any places that have all black and are in the UK it will be fantastic.

Thanks

RM

Archived