Recommend a STANAG (pref) M4 Midcaps for ICS L85 and M4A1

NickM
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As it says in the title, can you recommend for me a good quality M4 STANAG Midcap,

I've currently got a pair of MAG 190rnd Mids and a Mag 130 rnd, and an unknown 4th midcap which I think it also a MAG mag.

But they are not feeding correctly, they started off fine but are now missfeeding and jamming constantly. Having taken them apart I've noticed the spring actually twists and catches on itself also the bbs seem to jam on the rails that lead to the feed tube. Perhaps it is my maintenance of them, every so often I take them apart, silicone the spring, clean the spring guide area and re assemble. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm now signed up for the OP:shining light, and I've been meaning to get a decent set of midcaps for a while as I'm wanting to get better at reload drills and don't like the rattle. I can have a max of 8 midcaps for the milsim so looking for the best quality midcaps with a decent capacity.

Requirements:

Work with ICSL85 which I know can be temperamental. So bombproof feeding (or as close to as possible!)

I'd prefer STANAGs they just look better on an L85 in my eyes but if I have to I'll consider something else.

Metal would be better but they are expensive and heavy so will consider plastic as long as they are black not a weird grey.

Min 100rnd capacity

• Supporters

G&P 120 Rounders all metal but their still fantastic at what they do.

Also don't leave silicone or grease on the Inside of the mag it just attracts dirt. never personally had problems but I just wipe down dry out and reassemble at least it works for my PTS & G&P Mag's

G&G GR16 120rnd midcaps if you're looking for anything tactical or modern looking. If you just want standard metal ones I'd go for the G&P, if quality is anything like their guns.

G&P 120 Rounders all metal but their still fantastic at what they do.

Also don't leave silicone or grease on the Inside of the mag it just attracts dirt. never personally had problems but I just wipe down dry out and reassemble at least it works for my PTS & G&P Mag's

I've just bought two new G&P 120 round midcaps and both of them feed about the first 30 rounds before jambing up. I've tried stripping, cleaning and polishing the internals with no obvious effect. My best M4 midcaps that work with all my rifles are the remainder of a set of cheap Star plastic ones. They feed flawlessly ever time.

• Supporters

And how new are they? Did/Have you given them a chance to loosen up?

RR01 I'd have thought at the very least you would know to compress new springs for a couple days if not a week then stretch and lube more BB's in for 2 Days then clean out and lube follower slightly and try again.

RR01 I'd have thought at the very least you would know to compress new springs for a couple days if not a week then stretch and lube more BB's in for 2 Days then clean out and lube follower slightly and try again.

I did something similar with a different make of midcap and ended up with the spring being so weak it wouldn't feed the last twenty BBs, so now I try to smooth the tube to stop any snagging. May give your idea a try, although they ought to be capable of working properly from new.

• Supporters

If that happens stretch the spring by pulling on the ends. True from new they should but for me i was predominantly paying for the Metal around the cap as I can fix the insides with ease, granted no excuse though as PTS Mag's work well OOTB but they are Polymer so for me they have to feed well straight away.

Archived