NFL anyone?

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yep, been watching and supporting for years...since it used to be on Ch4 originally, way back Been to a few Wembley games as well, the latest series that is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Forgot about this thread :D

Who do you support? I'm an Eagles fan myself, got into it as my dad's been a Lion's fan for as long as I can remember and used to play me at maddens 94 on the megadrive.

The Wembley games are great, I've missed 2 or 3 but get to as many as I can (sure is cheaper than flying to the US to do so).

I'm a Bucs fan, have been since they were REALLY crap, through the days when they were quite good, and back now to the years of mediocrity. Wife is a Bengals fan, so we never clash in support, and she can laugh at the ineptitude of my team to close out a game

(even a 30 point lead is worrying for us into the 4th quarter)

You must have loved last nights game then, Eagles V Lions in 8" of snow. Was fun to watch, and the team that won was the one that managed to adjust to the conditions better.

Taking the kids to Wembley this year, as long a I can get tickets in January.

• Supporters

Yes, really was a thoroughly enjoyable game with some great plays from both sides, especially given the dreadful conditions.

Which of them are you going to try to get to, the lot of them or particular games? I really hope the Jags will perform in their game a bit better than this year against the 49ers.

To be honest I think we are going to go to the Falcons/Lions game as Falcons are in my division so going to be a Lion for the day. The other games don't hold much divisional interest for us, and the dates are wrong for the kids (half term and all that crap)

• Supporters

NFL is just rugby for pussies. Thats my opinion anyway.

Then I'd suggest watching it, as that is the general opinion of people who don't actually understand the game and belittle it purely due to the players wearing helmets and pads. It's a very complicated game from the outside so it's easy to understand why people don't pay much attention to it and see it as similar to rugby when in reality it really isn't very similar. You have an egg shaped ball, goalposts and the fact that it's a contact sport other than that it's not hugely similar- far more tactical and strategy based and is probably too complicated for most people over here to bother getting into.

As someone who's a fan of both sports I'd suggest sitting down and watching it for a while (and I mean a while, it's certainly not a quick game :lol: ) and make an effort to appreciate it.

Don't take this as having a go, you have the same opinion of it that many do who haven't really watched it enough to know otherwise :)

Only noticing this thread. Have been a footballl fan pretty much my whole life. When I was a kid i was a giants fan due to my dad living in the states and he bout me a laurence taylor shirt complete with shoulder pads and helmet (still have it to this day) although now theres only one team for me

We wear the silver

We wear the Black

We never retreat

We always attack!!!!

I remeber my first game I ever went to. Joe montana QB at the cheifs vs the bucs at tampa stadium. Ill never forget that bright orange kit the bucs used to play in lol

Then I'd suggest watching it, as that is the general opinion of people who don't actually understand the game and belittle it purely due to the players wearing helmets and pads.

On the contrary I have american cousins who are on their schools football team. I have played football with them. And my opinion is that rugby is a rougher sport.

This is not a thread of "my oddly shaped ball is harder than your oddly shaped ball" it is a thread of who like a certain game. The only similarity in the two games is the shape of the ball. They require completely different sets of skills and abilities.

If you wish to troll, sod off to Disney land.

Archived