New Arrival says Hi

LouCyffer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I've played my first skirmish. Looking forward to the next one. I'm starting to think about kitting out. Once I get my registration, I'll be looking for a good AEG.

Now the site I go to has a lot of indoor CQB stuff. So I'm not looking for a sniper rifle. I need the ability to mount a tactical torch, preferably with a pressure switch. So I guess something with rails would be good.

Most of all, I want a good quality item that will last, rather than buying something then getting rid for a better option later. Total budget for AEG and any extras for it will be £450.

Considering I know nothing at all about the pros and cons of various batteries, hop ups and other airsoft jargon, any advice would be gratefully received, folk ;)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Do you have any preference to what sort of thing you want ie, MP5, G36C etc? It'd be a good idea to try and check out what people have at the next to skirmishes you go to that way you can see what you like. Once you've got a bit more idea on where your headed, then feel free to make a topic in the advice section and we'll gladly link you up with what we think best.

Welcome to the forums :)

Do you have any preference to what sort of thing you want ie, MP5, G36C etc? It'd be a good idea to try and check out what people have at the next to skirmishes you go to that way you can see what you like. Once you've got a bit more idea on where your headed, then feel free to make a topic in the advice section and we'll gladly link you up with what we think best.

Well, there was a remarkable variation of kit. Lots of M4 & variants. Couple of AKs, a 1014 shotgun, P90, and more. It was kinda dark in there, so apart from the guy with a tracer system, I didn't get close looks at much.

I don't think a full long arm is useful. The shorter variants of M4 look just about short enough to go. I hired a SiG 556 folding stock with hi cap, and that worked well for me. I am a fan of the UMP and folding stock MP5, but I don't want to get pinned down to lo cap mags only. Have also looked at the SCAR.

• Supporters

something short, preferably modern-ish looking then?

as for £450, its nice to see someone being reasonable for once :P

I would go something like KWA M4 shorty with RIS and get one of the EOtechs that are being sold in the gear section (I think, they're here somewhere)

then put in a tightbore barrel (or get a shop to do it for you)

away you go for around:

£300 gun

£40 eotech sight

£20 barrel

leaves about £100 for spaare mags (2 m4 high caps to start with at around a tenner each)

batteries (2 9.6V big Mah ones at around £40 for both)

charger I would say could be anything from £30 to £70, but aim for something fancier and save money long-term

something short, preferably modern-ish looking then?

as for £450, its nice to see someone being reasonable for once :P

I would go something like KWA M4 shorty with RIS and get one of the EOtechs that are being sold in the gear section (I think, they're here somewhere)

then put in a tightbore barrel (or get a shop to do it for you)

away you go for around:

£300 gun

£40 eotech sight

£20 barrel

leaves about £100 for spaare mags (2 m4 high caps to start with at around a tenner each)

batteries (2 9.6V big Mah ones at around £40 for both)

charger I would say could be anything from £30 to £70, but aim for something fancier and save money long-term

Thanks for that :D So what's the score with a tightbore? I mean what are the pro's & con's?

• Supporters

Pro:

better groupings at range

an aftermarket one is usually of considerably higher qualiry than the stock barrel

over a KWA which usually has a 6.08 Diameter, you gain .05mm to 6.03mm, making the seal around the BBin the barrel better, thus increasing compression and thus FPS

What may be a good idea is to buy a new LONGER barrel with a new hop up unit and a suppressor or longer barrel and change it from long to short depending on where you are. In CQB you don't need a huge barrrel and tightbore, in Field it is infinately better over stock in my experience.

Con:

costs money.

that is honestly it.

Archived