MP5 dissasembly, help!!!

Southpaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening,

My bro knocked my mp5 off a bench last week and broke the butt plate which sucks but I noticed a rattling when I tip the gun. Tried to follow a guide to take it apart and gave up at the point about separating the two halves it feels stuck at the back and I can't find any other screws. Didn't figure a way to remove the upper and lower receiver like I was told either. Only thing I didn't do in the guide was remove the selector switch because it was for a different make and the Sportline I have doesn't seem to have a screw in it. (Couldn't find an online guide for sportline and stuff trying to do it by the exploded pic in the manual)

So I've got that problem but also re-assembling it my motor no longer seems to work properly. I know it's becasue its not pushed far enough into the gun because it works when I do it but once I screw the cover back on it's too far out and I have no idea how to fix that.

And thirdly I have one screw leftover with seemingly no home and also a small silver disk that was stuck to the side of the motor when I took it out. No idea what that does.

Any help with those three problems would be invaluable so any help? Please? Please?!!

Archived